EDFL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Survey you say Simple work or play footy, well mate if only life was that easy there will be a lot of heart ache and pain before this is over from both players and clubs and make no mistake there will casualties on both sides. Life in theses times is far from SIMPLE
If a player is basing their decision on whether they play or not on $$$ , then that decision is simple.
I agree , there is a lot of pain to go through , so I think for Clubs, the quickers everyone can get rid of these players playing for $$$ , the better everyone will be.
There will be NO ASKING players to take a cut , it will be - This is the figure we can afford to pay you now...

If a player is basing their decision on whether they play or not on $$$ , then that decision is simple.
I agree , there is a lot of pain to go through , so I think for Clubs, the quickers everyone can get rid of these players playing for $$$ , the better everyone will be.
There will be NO ASKING players to take a cut , it will be - This is the figure we can afford to pay you now...

Agree, when clubs open up again, players will be told what they are getting paid for this season, it won’t be a negotiation. Clubs have lost any chance of raising money to pay them this season.

Why do players need to be paid to play? If they love playing football then they will play. If they are only playing for money then don’t play, it’s simple!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree, when clubs open up again, players will be told what they are getting paid for this season, it won’t be a negotiation. Clubs have lost any chance of raising money to pay them this season.

Why do players need to be paid to play? If they love playing football then they will play. If they are only playing for money then don’t play, it’s simple!

Let’s all remember the players didn’t start this it was certain clubs who decided the only way to win a premiership was to start offering players “huge” money to come to their clubs. They started this so put the blame on them not the players. I can tell you that when ABERS were dominant they offered players huge amounts of money way and above what other clubs were offering players. It was crazy $$. Still happens in some way today at certain clubs but it’s not as bad as those times.
example: club x speaks to a player looking to change clubs/leagues and are in with a chance at let’s say 800. Club A hears about certain player and offers 1800. Player prefers to go to club x and tells them can you match or get near the offer of club A? Club x says sorry that’s to high and out of our range. Player decides to sign with club A.
So let’s not put all the blame on the players..

cheers
Turbo

Let’s all remember the players didn’t start this it was certain clubs who decided the only way to win a premiership was to start offering players “huge” money to come to their clubs. They started this so put the blame on them not the players. I can tell you that when ABERS were dominant they offered players huge amounts of money way and above what other clubs were offering players. It was crazy $$. Still happens in some way today at certain clubs but it’s not as bad as those times.
example: club x speaks to a player looking to change clubs/leagues and are in with a chance at let’s say 800. Club A hears about certain player and offers 1800. Player prefers to go to club x and tells them can you match or get near the offer of club A? Club x says sorry that’s to high and out of our range. Player decides to sign with club A.
So let’s not put all the blame on the players..

cheers
Turbo
How ironic - reading comments and on comes Money - Pink Floyd.
Isn't there a little piece of with a couple of signatures that may dictate what a player is entitled to for games in 2020? It may be in some Clubs best interest for the season to be wiped.

How ironic - reading comments and on comes Money - Pink Floyd.
Isn't there a little piece of with a couple of signatures that may dictate what a player is entitled to for games in 2020? It may be in some Clubs best interest for the season to be wiped.

I wouldn’t worry about the contracts, not worth the paper their written on for this season. If a player returns to a club and the club can’t afford to pay them then they can play for what the club can afford or not play at all this season. It’s pretty straight forward. The club doesn’t have to play them or clear them.

I wouldn’t worry about the contracts, not worth the paper their written on for this season. If a player returns to a club and the club can’t afford to pay them then they can play for what the club can afford or not play at all this season. It’s pretty straight forward. The club doesn’t have to play them or clear them.

If a club cannot fulfil there obligations then they will be clearing the player let me tell you. However I agree players should be fair and help out clubs by taking a reduced amount that is fair to both parties.

If a club cannot fulfil there obligations then they will be clearing the player let me tell you. However I agree players should be fair and help out clubs by taking a reduced amount that is fair to both parties.

There is just not going to be any money to pay players. Any player returning thinking that they are going to get paid has rocks in their head or are just selfish pricks. If they demand to get paid what is in the contracts then that club doesn’t want them at the club because they are only there for the cash and don’t give two hoots about the joint. I can tell you my club has already said they won’t clear players that demand their full match payments, but in saying that we don’t believe any of them will demand full payment as they are good club people.

Nutty i sort of agree with you regarding the large player payments,However as for getting paid I differ with you The clubs are now asking their footballers to commit to 10 months of training and playing, and if they are not at club train preseason we ask them to keep a reasonable standard up between their last game of the season and start of preseason.
No matter which way you look it its a huge commitment by everybody involved so I don't blame players and coaches putting their hand out as this is a huge whack out of their family time and free time .Its too easy to say if you don't want to do it then don't .
If we went down this path we would be in dire straights with lack of quality coaches and players.
My question is should the Knuckle heads at AFL VIC look to ban all organized training pre Christmas .
And then you have the country football who due to the lack of numbers demographically have to pay players to come and play to keep their football club going ,what will happen to theses communities if they loose their club?

I think you will find in the event of half a season being played, then players will get 25% of their payments.

It is too simplistic to say they should get half as clubs have many fixed costs and their avenues to fundraising would have been decimated by that point.

So your bloke is playing for the love of the jumper Turbo? Be careful with your double standard commentary!

Donald D

Nutty i sort of agree with you regarding the large player payments,However as for getting paid I differ with you The clubs are now asking their footballers to commit to 10 months of training and playing, and if they are not at club train preseason we ask them to keep a reasonable standard up between their last game of the season and start of preseason.
No matter which way you look it its a huge commitment by everybody involved so I don't blame players and coaches putting their hand out as this is a huge whack out of their family time and free time .Its too easy to say if you don't want to do it then don't .
If we went down this path we would be in dire straights with lack of quality coaches and players.
My question is should the Knuckle heads at AFL VIC look to ban all organized training pre Christmas .
And then you have the country football who due to the lack of numbers demographically have to pay players to come and play to keep their football club going ,what will happen to theses communities if they loose their club?
I agree with your comments about the level of commitment these players need to adhere to. It really has become a 10 - 11 month game. If you calculate the time spent at a footy club and divide that by the player payment no one would work for an hourly rate so low. Gee the volunteer rate is even lower! Clubs paying massive sign ons to get players to join is more a reflection on the club & individuals offering and paying these sign ons. I totally agree AFLVic need to use this time to develop a long term sustainability plan in order to protect local clubs and most importantly our game. Yeah you can win flags and be heralded as a "great club" and my opinion is the legacy will be tainted and not respected. Deer Park prime example. Respect isnt something you purchase.

Donald D

For mine of blokes only want to keep playing if their being payed x amount and they want to hold clubs to that it’d be nice to see clubs tell em to * off.
It’s local footy it’s not meant to be a earner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For mine of blokes only want to keep playing if their being payed x amount and they want to hold clubs to that it’d be nice to see clubs tell em to fu** off.
It’s local footy it’s not meant to be a earner
The genie of paying players is out of the bottle and will never go back in .So the good to come out of this is a possible realization of the amount players get payed .But it will only take one club to get a bank roll and start buying players at overs again to stuff it all up

I agree with your comments about the level of commitment these players need to adhere to. It really has become a 10 - 11 month game. If you calculate the time spent at a footy club and divide that by the player payment no one would work for an hourly rate so low. Gee the volunteer rate is even lower! Clubs paying massive sign ons to get players to join is more a reflection on the club & individuals offering and paying these sign ons. I totally agree AFLVic need to use this time to develop a long term sustainability plan in order to protect local clubs and most importantly our game. Yeah you can win flags and be heralded as a "great club" and my opinion is the legacy will be tainted and not respected. Deer Park prime example. Respect isnt something you purchase.

Donald D
Great read and i agree deer park have won premierships but does not have the respect that comes with them only the scorn for the amount they paid to win a suburban premiership

This is good read. I like comment which encourages players to go into team mates workplace to catch up and say hi and support there workplace.

Now I know a few on here (including myself to a degree) were critical of Hillside deciding to appoint a coach from within but now with this coronavirus outbreak it’s probably been to there advantage they went for someone low profile as it’s probably saved them some $$ compared to other clubs. Thoughts!

Im gathering by your comment that you are a supporter of high profile coaches, and we all know you wanted House as coach of hillside. When caps are lowered, will these high profile coaches still want to coach? Will they be happy to put in the same amount of work for less than half the pay?We will soon find out what these coaches are made of as MOST of them are grossly over paid anyway

Im gathering by your comment that you are a supporter of high profile coaches, and we all know you wanted House as coach of hillside. When caps are lowered, will these high profile coaches still want to coach? Will they be happy to put in the same amount of work for less than half the pay?We will soon find out what these coaches are made of as MOST of them are grossly over paid anyway
Hey mate, I guess it depends on your list situation and where your clubs at, as to what type of coach you need.
Coaches grossly overpaid! Well I’m not sure about that hence why it’s not easy to find a good qualified coach. They put in a lot of bloody hours and need to deal with a lot of stuff. Maybe some coaches in premier are on good coin especially the likes of McGuane (which is well documented) but most deserve what they get. Players can take a break but not coaches.
on Mcgaune yes his well paid but Keilor get plenty in return off field as well on on field so I guess that’s a win/win. His passion to coaching is second to none. Sponsors get a bit of free advertising as McGaune is always wearing his club jacket 24/7. 😂

Grossly over paid I don't think so most coaches are going 11 to 12 months and working huge hours to try and make their respective club successful if you broke their wage down to an hourly rate over the twelve months you would not get out of bed to do the job .Also take into account the toll on their home fronts with the wife and kids .Lets use a round figure of 20k and a rough estimate of hours per week they would put into coaching say 25 hours per week 52 weeks in a year lets drop 4 of for the Christmas break that brings it to 48 weeks works out to $416 per week . Then break it down into an hourly rate 168 hours per week this works out to $2.50 per hour .I have not factored into time spent on the phone to the club reps and other coaches .So if the coaches get paid I reckon its fair enough I have a couple of mates that coach at suburban level and I reckon I could be well under on the hours spent each week doing a job the love

I have a question around player points. All the players that EK signed haven't actually played a game yet. If we don't pay footy this year does another point come off for them? They haven't really been at the club and played a season so points really should stay the way they were this year. Interested in everyone's thoughts. It's not the clubs fault they don't play so can understand the club arguing the points should come off. Interesting to see how AFLVic handles this one

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have a question around player points. All the players that EK signed haven't actually played a game yet. If we don't pay footy this year does another point come off for them? They haven't really been at the club and played a season so points really should stay the way they were this year. Interested in everyone's thoughts. It's not the clubs fault they don't play so can understand the club arguing the points should come off. Interesting to see how AFLVic handles this one

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
No play no point reduction

Grossly over paid I don't think so most coaches are going 11 to 12 months and working huge hours to try and make their respective club successful if you broke their wage down to an hourly rate over the twelve months you would not get out of bed to do the job .Also take into account the toll on their home fronts with the wife and kids .Lets use a round figure of 20k and a rough estimate of hours per week they would put into coaching say 25 hours per week 52 weeks in a year lets drop 4 of for the Christmas break that brings it to 48 weeks works out to $416 per week . Then break it down into an hourly rate 168 hours per week this works out to $2.50 per hour .I have not factored into time spent on the phone to the club reps and other coaches .So if the coaches get paid I reckon its fair enough I have a couple of mates that coach at suburban level and I reckon I could be well under on the hours spent each week doing a job the love
l can see where you are coming from LFF, but l dont agree entirely. I agree coaches put a lot of time and effort into their job, but do you not think players do also?
We expect players to play every week during football season, complete all of the 12-15 week pre season training, attend all club functions, complete recovery sessions, complete injury rehab / doctors visits, pay club rego, attend junior games/training, and then remain loyal to the club :)
Most on here would say many players are over paid and the players/clubs get critisized for paying too much or asking for too much.
5k is a good starting point for a 1-2 year experianced coach, and then increasing to no more than 15k for a div 1 coach. Premier would be higher and div 2 lower.
Thats my un educated estimation anyway

I might be wrong but I thought you had to play 5 senior games in that season to qualify for a point reduction the following year ?

I honestly don't know. This is a season unlike any other I guess, so there may well have to be some concessions given if that is the case. It's a good topic for debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back