EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Once again the clubs have been sold a lemon by the board. How’s can Micallef from EK be cleared to St Alban. The rule in the past is that any club entering the league can not recruit from an existing EDFL club for a certain amount of time.
All that has happened here is EK made money and all Div 1 clubs get screwed
Is their any chance that a couple of these gutless clubs start asking for answers along as asking for a couple heads at board level.
The rules aren’t bent they are smashed to pieces

Once again the clubs have been sold a lemon by the board. How’s can Micallef from EK be cleared to St Alban. The rule in the past is that any club entering the league can not recruit from an existing EDFL club for a certain amount of time.
All that has happened here is EK made money and all Div 1 clubs get screwed
Is their any chance that a couple of these gutless clubs start asking for answers along as asking for a couple heads at board level.
The rules aren’t bent they are smashed to pieces
The rule states that no player can transfer from an EDFL club to either Deer Park or St albans for 2 years. That makes perfect sense in a lot of people's minds. Problem is that the brains running the edfl have added the clause that they can transfer immediately if both clubs agree. Just a little lining of the pockets and it done. Then the edfl wonder why there is little to no integrity left in this division

In 7-8 days westmeadows has 45+ players putting in a clearance to leave...

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

In 7-8 days westmeadows has 45+ players putting in a clearance to leave...

Why 7-8 and not now? Strange but if players are wanting out, surely the wheels are in motion and said players are training elsewhere!
I suppose this just adds to the mystery that is WM

Why 7-8 and not now? Strange but if players are wanting out, surely the wheels are in motion and said players are training elsewhere!

Anyone know what Westmeadows numbers have been like at training?

In the 7-8 days clearances have been open, that many have been submitted.

Only 10 snr players have remained and don't look like leaving and only 3 snr players have come in 2 as announced and a ruck from baccus marsh area. Take away the snr players that have left Majority are 2nds and 18s players that have put in for clearances. Still its a hell of a lot of players gone. How does a club get players in if its well known if go there your not going to be paid whats owed.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Only 10 snr players have remained and don't look like leaving and only 3 snr players have come in 2 as announced and a ruck from baccus marsh area. Take away the snr players that have left Majority are 2nds and 18s players that have put in for clearances. Still its a hell of a lot of players gone. How does a club get players in if its well known if go there your not going to be paid whats owed.

No matter how you try to spin it, losing half of a senior side is huge.
With those 2s & 18s guys moving on, it exacerbates the issue.

Well I have just been informed that the players remaining at westy have now been paid for last season. Onwards and upwards, pressure from good ppl at westy to make this happen as it was very poor form from current administration.

Well I have just been informed that the players remaining at westy have now been paid for last season. Onwards and upwards, pressure from good ppl at westy to make this happen as it was very poor form from current administration.

Must of had there Junior Rego day!! cashed up, pity it wont last long

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to feel for the players who have left and will never see there $$. Greener pastures for most of them anyway! Westy wont be doing anything other than battling it out with Glenroy, KP & MV to see who gets relegated.

However they still must pay any player owed payments even if they have left. It will take years for Westy to recover. Happened to Hillside back when they win div2 and took them years to get back on track and news travels fast.

Depends on what you define as back on track…..
Played in finals, are financial, new building, sponsors++ juniors keep building, women’s side 2 x 18. 5s.
I think the track is clear and future is ok.
It’s a fickle game, didn’t we praise KP for getting back on track and winning div2 flag last year? Look what’s happening currently!

Depends on what you define as back on track…..
Played in finals, are financial, new building, sponsors++ juniors keep building, women’s side 2 x 18. 5s.
I think the track is clear and future is ok.
It’s a fickle game, didn’t we praise KP for getting back on track and winning div2 flag last year? Look what’s happening currently!

I think for Hillside’s finances, juniors numbers and location in a growth area they would be going better. Same thing every year, all hype little substance.

On your point about a being a stable club there is no doubt about it.

I think for Hillside’s finances, juniors numbers and location in a growth area they would be going better. Same thing every year, all hype little substance.

On your point about a being a stable club there is no doubt about it.

Back on track after the debt incurred in winning the flag YES … that was the statement response.
If you want to talk about underperformance not meeting expectations then agree, however they are back on track since 2014/15 years.

Westmeadows first game of the season will certainly be interesting. Going by the EDFL clearances page, they have lost dozens of players and they are coming up against Deer Park who will be keen to make a big impression during their first game in EDFL ranks.

Westmeadows first game of the season will certainly be interesting. Going by the EDFL clearances page, they have lost dozens of players and they are coming up against Deer Park who will be keen to make a big impression during their first game in EDFL ranks.

I counted 50 clearances from WM last week, couldn’t believe it but I’m not surprised. DP by 200 lol

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back