EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strike a nerve did I haha? Well why don't you enlighten everybody and tell us why Douttas signed him for so long when he does not have the record to back it up?

And obviously if I did 'shut up' then this forum would be dead!

Obvious Dean would be a good coach. Just take his forward scouting role before the game against Doutta's. Would have gone to match committee saying Doutta's trained poorly and K.Carey would not play. This as he was playing Facebook poker against a few ex Doutta boys asking them questions if Kade would play etc etc at about 7.30pm Tuesday nite. Abers remind me of a country with a long white cloud that was wishing it was like the big country up the road.

Obvious Dean would be a good coach. Just take his forward scouting role before the game against Doutta's. Would have gone to match committee saying Doutta's trained poorly and K.Carey would not play. This as he was playing Facebook poker against a few ex Doutta boys asking them questions if Kade would play etc etc at about 7.30pm Tuesday nite. Abers remind me of a country with a long white cloud that was wishing it was like the big country up the road.

Abers have appointed Marcus Barham as assistant coach which is sensational news!

Abers going after apw players fishenden, mcallister mcbride we will pay them more coin
than they have wanna chase abers players we will chase yours got the message

Give us a clue Tess. What are the team colours?

Am trying to think of 2 clubs that would benifit from a merger and what I came up with is, Moonee Valley and Parkside. 2 very similar clubs who have fallen away recently in there respective leagues, are close together and wouldnt have to change colours. I could def see this one working.

The only other i could think of is Jacana and Westmeadows but Westy have too much pride, and I cant think of another suitable for Jacana but surely they would be open to offers.

Abers going after apw players fishenden, mcallister mcbride we will pay them more coin
than they have wanna chase abers players we will chase yours got the message

They will be squad players at best, when will Abers learn that recruiting guys from B Grade clubs will not make you a power in A Grade. They should be looking at country leagues as well as blokes running around in the VFL 2s or coming out of TAC cup.

Am trying to think of 2 clubs that would benifit from a merger and what I came up with is, Moonee Valley and Parkside. 2 very similar clubs who have fallen away recently in there respective leagues, are close together and wouldnt have to change colours. I could def see this one working.

The only other i could think of is Jacana and Westmeadows but Westy have too much pride, and I cant think of another suitable for Jacana but surely they would be open to offers.

No need for Westmeadows to merge. The Jacana boys are a fantastic bunch of blokes with some very good qualities. They deserve a commendation for plugging away the way they did this year.

However apart from a ground with an excellent playing surface, an increase in bar takings in the range of 200%, there would not be alot to gain for the Tigers. I also can't really see how Black, Yellow & Purple can possibly be put together to make a new club jumper.:D

No the Tigers will remain the Tigers....too much pride.

Eagle Two: Before you get carried away doubting my comment about departures ask "" and "" what their plans are next season ???

Above is the private message that Eagle Two sent me. I dont wanna post the names of the blokes he mentioned but APW should stop trying to poach young players off other EDFL clubs...its just not in the interests of local footy. If the blokes involved weren't happy then fair enough but both players are required players/people at Abers and shouldnt be being 'tapped up' (to use a premier league saying).

Eagle Two: Before you get carried away doubting my comment about departures ask "" and "" what their plans are next season ???

Above is the private message that Eagle Two sent me. I dont wanna post the names of the blokes he mentioned but APW should stop trying to poach young players off other EDFL clubs...its just not in the interests of local footy. If the blokes involved weren't happy then fair enough but both players are required players/people at Abers and shouldnt be being 'tapped up' (to use a premier league saying).

really shows what sort of person KD is. He, along with MArby park think its ok to just open up the EDFL record and pick other players. People can say what they like about GV and KE but the never drop to those levels.

What a sh....it effort KD, no wonder everyone in the EDFL hates you. after this post i remember why Craig Hille refused to deal with your show. You are a tool, and its not the money in the EDFL ruining things, its people like you.

This intra leauge recruiting will certainly be on the up if the new points systems comes in as recruiting out of the EDFL is given more points that a player taken from the EDFL. a team could field a legit team with 21 players stolen from another club, reminds me of Marby Park 09.

really shows what sort of person KD is. He, along with MArby park think its ok to just open up the EDFL record and pick other players. People can say what they like about GV and KE but the never drop to those levels.

What a sh....it effort KD, no wonder everyone in the EDFL hates you. after this post i remember why Craig Hille refused to deal with your show. You are a tool, and its not the money in the EDFL ruining things, its people like you.

This intra leauge recruiting will certainly be on the up if the new points systems comes in as recruiting out of the EDFL is given more points that a player taken from the EDFL. a team could field a legit team with 21 players stolen from another club, reminds me of Marby Park 09.

MMMMMMMM who said the two players were looking at APW ???

Alot of assumptions going on here,

think KD deserves an appology !!!! He has not had ANYTHING to do with this

The word I got was the two abers boys were looking at somewhere other than abers for next year based on the coaching appointment of Rioli et al,

I was also told that they were driving the change, they were not approached, in fact they sought to understand what was on offer at the "new" club ;)

i think you will find that Parkside is one of the proudest clubs getting around in local footy considering our history and i can assure you we will be around for years to come.

the location of many old EDFL & FDFL is a major problem for many, when you consider how close clubs are to one another, a few mergers wouldn't hurt, but it sure as hell didn't work in our league with Yarraville & Seddon. once two clubs merge you just kill the spirit.

i think you will find that Parkside is one of the proudest clubs getting around in local footy considering our history and i can assure you we will be around for years to come.

the location of many old EDFL & FDFL is a major problem for many, when you consider how close clubs are to one another, a few mergers wouldn't hurt, but it sure as hell didn't work in our league with Yarraville & Seddon. once two clubs merge you just kill the spirit.

Have to disagree with the part about killing the spirit, more and more mergers are likely to happen in the coming years as money becomes even more powerful in local footy. If clubs just continue on regardless of how badly they struggle, the will die slow, painful deaths....Then the spirit really is dead

What is important if any clubs do merge is that the history of both clubs is respected and both 'sides' the new club are prepared to make sacrifices to ensure future success and create a new entity, set of beliefs and over time, a new history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard the Heights have picked up a couple of handy footballers and all players are ready to next step.

Which players are ready to take the next step? Cam Trewin and Lee Owen have both left and i hear Rayzor Harrison is off to Marby. And their three young guns from the calder cannons are going to have a crack at VFL. Plus the players they were tring to sign have apparantly been offered more money from Marby. Sounds like it could be a very lean year for the Heights.

Was down spencer street last night on my way to the link and was extremely interested in wat i saw. John Barnes the new douttas coach and former swans ruckman spider everitt walking from barnsy's house. The pair sounded mighty cheerful, could this be the first big signing for the stars in 09?

Was down spencer street last night on my way to the link and was extremely interested in wat i saw. John Barnes the new douttas coach and former swans ruckman spider everitt walking from barnsy's house. The pair sounded mighty cheerful, could this be the first big signing for the stars in 09?

This is typical of the shite put on this site. Spider Everitt is currently thousands of klms away from Melbourne let alone in Essendon. He is travelling with his family around Australia making a documentry for TV as he goes.

Are you sure you weren't on your way home FROM the Linc?

Spotted today Abers speaking to Rod Van reit whom they tried to recruite last year but couldnt get across the line.

Interesting to see what the players think after he trained and played a couple of praccy matches then went back to seymour after verbally agreeing to play there!

Friend of mine in Ballarat League got a call from from Marby and they are not shy with the cash!

He didnt want to leave his club, already declined a few EDFL offers but the Marby one maybe too good to say no to.

Jason Johnson going to Greenvale also (you maybe heard it here first!!!)

If abers have signed Marcus Barham, is there any chance he will bring a few players down with him. Any other whispers going around the traps about potential signings? Im looking at you prophetic and puff, you seem to be in the inner sanctum down there!!

Also, is Dean Rioli head coach or is it a coaching team with gaysy?

Hopefully the EDFL can attract players of the calibre of the johnsons, pev etc because it will be a really good endorsement for the league as a whole.

If abers have signed Marcus Barham, is there any chance he will bring a few players down with him. Any other whispers going around the traps about potential signings? Im looking at you prophetic and puff, you seem to be in the inner sanctum down there!!

Also, is Dean Rioli head coach or is it a coaching team with gaysy?

Hopefully the EDFL can attract players of the calibre of the johnsons, pev etc because it will be a really good endorsement for the league as a whole.

Marcus is definately at Abers. Not sure if he will bring players from Gis - he played all his juniors there and except for a stint on the Collingwood list played all his seniors there. He has captain and coached Gisborne's to flags. I would not think he would take players and leave Gissy in a hole. Will be good to see how he goes with some of the gun forwards in the EDFL. Strathmore have a great signing from Gis in Matty Fitzgerald. Twice best and fairest in the Bendigo League and played in the VCFL team this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back