EDFL Premier Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s an absolute joke. How on earth can you get 2 weeks for that. Free kick, end of story. EDFL tribunal should be ashamed

I've watched it multiple times and if that's two weeks, then so was the last one that led to the winning goal. Free kick only for mine.

Mate i don’t speak for ek when u say I’m “playing victim” I only speak for myself and I am simply a supporter. Like you said The 2 weeks was seriously harsh. I see worse impact on most high tackles

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Hey Bash, I will respond to you on this one. I’ve seen it multiple times and not sure what Stewart was trying to do in this instance. He does swing at him from behind but only with an open hand and appears to just barely glance him. It doesn’t look great but I agree that’s not worth any type of suspension other than a definite reprimand and a warning as it’s from behind which needs to be stamped out. He got sent off which probably is enough punishment as well. Was he trying to put opponent off balance but missed his mark? Im not sure what he was intending to do!
It’s NO way similar to the last free kick paid which resulted in the winning goal.

I can also see why the Marby ruckman wasn’t impressed with it, as it was unnecessary and from behind. He wouldn’t have expected that.

His my grief. Stewart gets 2 weeks yet in the article in the HS this gets 1 week after all the notices around umpire participation declining.
** Copied from HS - In other cases brought before the tribunal on Tuesday night, Taylors Lakes’ water person Jarrod Evans was suspended for one game for abusing an umpire.

How is that 1 week. Surely min 6-10 (depending on severity of what was said) as it’s umpire abuse and from a water person.

I don’t get it. 🤨🤨🤨

Hey Bash, I will respond to you on this one. I’ve seen it multiple times and not sure what Stewart was trying to do in this instance. He does swing at him from behind but only with an open hand and appears to just barely glance him. It doesn’t look great but I agree that’s not worth any type of suspension other than a definite reprimand and a warning as it’s from behind which needs to be stamped out. He got sent off which probably is enough punishment as well. Was he trying to put opponent off balance but missed his mark? Im not sure what he was intending to do!
It’s NO way similar to the last free kick paid which resulted in the winning goal.

I can also see why the Marby ruckman wasn’t impressed with it, as it was unnecessary and from behind. He wouldn’t have expected that.

His my grief. Stewart gets 2 weeks yet in the article in the HS this gets 1 week after all the notices around umpire participation declining.
** Copied from HS - In other cases brought before the tribunal on Tuesday night, Taylors Lakes’ water person Jarrod Evans was suspended for one game for abusing an umpire.

How is that 1 week. Surely min 6-10 (depending on severity of what was said) as it’s umpire abuse and from a water person.

I don’t get it. 🤨🤨🤨
Should be a fine not a suspension,how is a suspension going to punish the waterboy ,he will just go stand on the other side of the ground this week

Should be a fine not a suspension,how is a suspension going to punish the waterboy ,he will just go stand on the other side of the ground this week
I’m not sure they can fine volunteers mate. A bigger suspension hits the club as no club likes this type of thing to occur so I’m guessing any club would be sitting this person down and giving him a talking to. Keep doing it and you (and any children) will be kicked out of the club. Pretty simple.

I don’t get it. 🤨🤨🤨

Ruckman are always pushing, shoving, throwing their arms across each other’s bodies… He barely hits him with his forearm and his hand is open (so clearly didn’t try to strike him). Clearly trying to put the guy off for the tap and his eyes were on the ball so easy to see how he accidentally got him above the shoulders. Should of been a free kick and play on. The send off u could live with, in my opinion still a little stiff (this is not even because I’m an EK fan, I’d call anyone getting sent off that way rubbish).

But 2 weeks lol what an utter joke even when video footage was presented to the tribunal. EDFL need some people with half a brain that have actually played football before to judge appeals.

Should fine the water boy or if they can’t fine volunteers then fine the club. Volunteers are an extension of the club. They should not be abusing umps.

Ruckman are always pushing, shoving, throwing their arms across each other’s bodies… He barely hits him with his forearm and his hand is open (so clearly didn’t try to strike him). Clearly trying to put the guy off for the tap and his eyes were on the ball so easy to see how he accidentally got him above the shoulders. Should of been a free kick and play on. The send off u could live with, in my opinion still a little stiff (this is not even because I’m an EK fan, I’d call anyone getting sent off that way rubbish).

But 2 weeks lol what an utter joke even when video footage was presented to the tribunal. EDFL need some people with half a brain that have actually played football before to judge appeals.

Should fine the water boy or if they can’t fine volunteers then fine the club. Volunteers are an extension of the club. They should not be abusing umps.

If stewart got 2 weeks for this House from sunbury kangaroos should of got 6 weeks.

They would have seen him swing the arm prior to the contest. Marby #3 clearly also not happy and trying to influence the umpire.

I’m still a bit confused as to why he did that during a ruck contest. Really no need for it. Was he frustrated??

Once again I reinterate it doesn’t deserve weeks suspension but what I seen is very unusual during a contest.

They would have seen him swing the arm prior to the contest. Marby #3 clearly also not happy and trying to influence the umpire.

I’m still a bit confused as to why he did that during a ruck contest. Really no need for it. Was he frustrated??

Once again I reinterate it doesn’t deserve weeks suspension but what I seen is very unusual during a contest.

Looks to me like he was swung his arm accross to his chest, trying to grab the jumper forcibly ? No idea I never played ruck but see them Do that sort of stuff all the time. Anyway no point crying over spilt milk is what it is, was harsh but got to move on.

Essendon vfl have a bye so I assume Rayner will be back. Rayner vs Meese will be a good challenge for Rayner, hopefully he holds his own, he’s improved a lot learning off stewy. Have to wait a few more weeks for the Meese v Stewart battle, was really looking forward to that contest!

Looks to me like he was swung his arm accross to his chest, trying to grab the jumper forcibly ? No idea I never played ruck but see them Do that sort of stuff all the time. Anyway no point crying over spilt milk is what it is, was harsh but got to move on.

Essendon vfl have a bye so I assume Rayner will be back. Rayner vs Meese will be a good challenge for Rayner, hopefully he holds his own, he’s improved a lot learning off stewy. Have to wait a few more weeks for the Meese v Stewart battle, was really looking forward to that contest!

Meese won’t be playing if he was concussed. Minimum 12 days off and must get doctors clearances.
So it will be interesting to see this unfold. Do clubs no the rules about concession??Does the league enforce these rules?? On past performance the league will do sweet f&@k all because under kyte & shinners the league has become weak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meese won’t be playing if he was concussed. Minimum 12 days off and must get doctors clearances.
So it will be interesting to see this unfold. Do clubs no the rules about concession??Does the league enforce these rules?? On past performance the league will do sweet f&@k all because under kyte & shinners the league has become weak.

Eh who knows would like to see how we match up against Abbers when they are close to full strength anyway.

Is it match if the week for the edfl this week??

Its quite clear now why they are trying to change name of EDFL to EDF&NL

Hearing the league has fined a womans team 1k for having there team in after the 10am Friday deadline - good to see them supporting clubs again by taking all their money!! good way to prop the league up with fines mr Kyte!!

Stewart 2 weeks is the biggest steaming load of Horseshit ever.
I've watched the video 25 times and still don't see anything that resembles a free kick.

Also the free kick was there all day.
Hand across the head and neck off balance he went down.

Yea it’s horse shit, could be the difference in this weeks game and rules him out of medal which he would of been polling in for sure.

Was contested with footage too lol I don’t get it . Owel is what it is EDFL tribunal have no idea lol

Yea it’s horse shit, could be the difference in this weeks game and rules him out of medal which he would of been polling in for sure.

Was contested with footage too lol I don’t get it . Owel is what it is EDFL tribunal have no idea lol

That’s probably enough talk about the one tribunal matter. Admin don’t like it.

Few big names back in for EK and Abbers.

Stewart and Micallef out for EK is big and Currie for Abbers.

Going to be a good game. Hopefully weather isn’t too shit and we can see some decent footy.

Few big names back in for EK and Abbers.

Stewart and Micallef out for EK is big and Currie for Abbers.

Going to be a good game. Hopefully weather isn’t too shit and we can see some decent footy.

So Meese has been named?

Cry me a river!

You've whinged and moaned for a week over a tribunal decision - Get over it!

Lets face facts if your club wasn't blatantly cheating the salary cap you'd be without Stewart for 18 weeks! So just be thankful that you only miss him for 2

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back