EDFL Premier Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can i be honest. Stewart is predominantly a ruckman yes but this year with Dennis in the side he can easily play forward he kicks bags when hes there his game to goal ratio as a ruckman proves that. If he played a full season as FF this year id bet any wager with anyone here hed lead goal kicking for the comp. He's unplayable, not a single defender in this comp would stop him lol. If you disagree your a hater or havnt seen him play enough..

Speaking of youth... Will be interesting this year EK have lost alot of 1 pointers which is well documented however all 30+ and towards the end of their career, still all 1 pointers are handy. All their recruits this year are early to mid 20's so plenty youth in the side now. Top of my head bar Stewart, Dennis and Shaw everyone else is sub 30 so they have a very very young and quick side now. Very good list on paper if VFL (6 players) and Injuries allow.

And yes im sure Dennis would be more expensive then a younger up and coming ruckman but in saying that with the players that left last year im sure there was plenty of their cap made available.

Exciting year.

Can’t argue Chris Stewart would kick 60+ as a deep forward, probably only Watson would compare for size and strength. I’ll have a EK sign on bonus the Karl Brown kicks more!

Can’t argue Chris Stewart would kick 60+ as a deep forward, probably only Watson would compare for size and strength. I’ll have a EK sign on bonus the Karl Brown kicks more!

Nah he towers over Watson in terms of size. Much taller, stewy is 6’6 or 6’7 I think.

Would definitely be a good goal kicking comp between him and brown if he sat in the Forward line every single game like brown would.

Will Never happen for us to see unfortunately will always spend minutes in the ruck.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Wow someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed..
No mate just have more interest in how the competition runs unlike the majority of posters on here who only care about real important issues like the quality of the dim sims in the canteens or how many dumb ruck men you can fit in an Uber every Saturday.
Anyway I’ll let youse get back to Bashens daily dribble, I meant hourly

Nah he towers over Watson in terms of size. Much taller, stewy is 6’6 or 6’7 I think.

Would definitely be a good goal kicking comp between him and brown if he sat in the Forward line every single game like brown would.

Will Never happen for us to see unfortunately will always spend minutes in the ruck.

He must have grown once he hit 30. Because I played against him he was 6’4 max.
I would say Thompson would be able to handle him in both size and strength. Even paccos fullback would go alright on him.

He must have grown once he hit 30. Because I played against him he was 6’4 max.
I would say Thompson would be able to handle him in both size and strength. Even paccos fullback would go alright on him.
Why we comparing Watson whose a FF, he's not going to play on him lol. I'm 6'1 mate and he towers over me ill get the measuring tape out next time i go to training we can end this debate once and for all haha.

Can i be honest. Stewart is predominantly a ruckman yes but this year with Dennis in the side he can easily play forward he kicks bags when hes there his game to goal ratio as a ruckman proves that. If he played a full season as FF this year id bet any wager with anyone here hed lead goal kicking for the comp. He's unplayable, not a single defender in this comp would stop him lol. If you disagree your a hater or havnt seen him play enough..

Speaking of youth... Will be interesting this year EK have lost alot of 1 pointers which is well documented however all 30+ and towards the end of their career, still all 1 pointers are handy. All their recruits this year are early to mid 20's so plenty youth in the side now. Top of my head bar Stewart, Dennis and Shaw everyone else is sub 30 so they have a very very young and quick side now. Very good list on paper if VFL (6 players) and Injuries allow.

And yes im sure Dennis would be more expensive then a younger up and coming ruckman but in saying that with the players that left last year im sure there was plenty of their cap made available.

Exciting year.
Well the coach must have no idea if he doesn't play him full forward all year. Never seen a bloke blow such wind up someone's arse

Well the coach must have no idea if he doesn't play him full forward all year. Never seen a bloke blow such wind up someone's arse

Lol no worries your clubman turbo mentioned we should of sjgned a tall froward that can play ruck…. I said we have one. Lol

Ain’t blowing wind mate. Clearly you Havnt seen him play forward because if you had you would know what I’m saying is common sense.

Last edited:
No mate just have more interest in how the competition runs unlike the majority of posters on here who only care about real important issues like the quality of the dim sims in the canteens or how many dumb ruck men you can fit in an Uber every Saturday.
Anyway I’ll let youse get back to Bashens daily dribble, I meant hourly
And it’s still running! Who would of thought, take a chill pill, life’s good 👍

Lol no worries your clubman turbo mentioned we should of sjgned a tall froward that can play ruck…. I said we have one. Lol

Ain’t blowing wind mate. Clearly you Havnt seen him play forward because if you had you would know what I’m saying is common sense.

hes good Bashen -and one of the best I have ever seen play at EK (not the best but top 10 ) but take it easy he's not unstoppable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hes good Bashen -and one of the best I have ever seen play at EK (not the best but top 10 ) but take it easy he's not unstoppable.

There was some very good EK players during the 90’s, couple of GF’s and a premiership. None better than the Iceman IMO. Golden era for EK. They would fill the top 7-8 spots comfortably.

I have had two sons at the Cannons and they are a RABBLE . No idea paticularly when it comes to selection.
If you have AFL family ties you are in every time regardless of ability. So many talented boys get chopped. It is a disgrace.
They think they are great but they are pathetic, as are the Jets.
Geelong and Eastern do it SO MUCH BETTER.
Might be a bit biased champ, maybe your two sons weren't good enough?

One was the leading possession player in the TAC in his top age year and was at Cannons from 15 years old .
Won a B and F for Vic Metro and was All Australian in the Australian Championships.
He has played several seasons of VFL.
The younger one is just starting his journey but could well be on a similar pathway and nothing has changed
at the Cannons, not even the drills, I can assure you CHAMP.

They have been drinking their own bathwater while other regions have developed and improved IMO.
Not to hard to work out who you are talking about, if you have had a bit to do with and follow the metro side. I agree with you and I believe Ian Kyte derailed the Cannons. Sandringham and Oakleigh are the teams to beat these days whereas, in early years 2000 to 2010 the Cannons were the team to beat. Word around was he had his favourite players and played a lot of boys out of the position/s they generally played in, making it hard for them to show what they could do.

One was the leading possession player in the TAC in his top age year and was at Cannons from 15 years old .
Won a B and F for Vic Metro and was All Australian in the Australian Championships.
He has played several seasons of VFL.
The younger one is just starting his journey but could well be on a similar pathway and nothing has changed
at the Cannons, not even the drills, I can assure you CHAMP.

They have been drinking their own bathwater while other regions have developed and improved IMO.
Bnf for Vic metro as an u18 or u16?

Edfl just released the fixture to the public. WOW tough run into finals for EK. Strathmore, Keilor, PV and Abbers are 4 of our last 5 games.

We all get a bye between finals and the final round too which i think is awesome.

Cant wait bring back footy!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back