EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

As I read it, I imagined him as a ranting high school teacher going off at a class of students after someone had been caught throwing a spitball.

Surely that was something that he could relate one on one with some of the players and not commit it to written form, otherwise for all you know it could end up on a football forum for other people to shake their head at.

As I read it, I imagined him as a ranting high school teacher going off at a class of students after someone had been caught throwing a spitball.

Surely that was something that he could relate one on one with some of the players and not commit it to written form, otherwise for all you know it could end up on a football forum for other people to shake their head at.
This gives a great insight into how far out of his depth Pat actually is. Passing the buck onto the players is never going to end well!
EK’s biggest issue is who at the club can pull him aside and tell him ? Sounds like the players have given some feedback and he can’t handle it.

If true he has altered match payments then all contracts are null and void, and would expect to see a lot more players move on. The fall is going to be swift at Overland and the mess left to loyal supporters to rebuild, which they will!

Just thought I’d share this piece with everyone.
Maybe just maybe they were a better side “without a game plan”
Not a coaches job to fix something that’s not caused by them lol if players aren’t performing or following instructions he can’t shuffle the magnets? make some tough calls at the selection table and make a statement to the group

Maybe just maybe they were a better side “without a game plan”
Not a coaches job to fix something that’s not caused by them lol if players aren’t performing or following instructions he can’t shuffle the magnets? make some tough calls at the selection table and make a statement to the group
Best game plan in the league is useless without buy in from the playing group

Just thought I’d share this piece with everyone.
This just crystallizes the view the entire EDFL / WRFL / NFL football world have of East Keilor and where the club is at.
This guy cannot continue on with the fraud and embarrassment of being the coach, the president, head recruiter and finance manager. The game is up Pat its time you jog on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This just crystallizes the view the entire EDFL / WRFL / NFL football world have of East Keilor and where the club is at.
This guy cannot continue on with the fraud and embarrassment of being the coach, the president, head recruiter and finance manager. The game is up Pat its time you jog on
I’d be genuinely concerned if I were an ek supporter

Once he goes and the ass falls out the entire place will there be enough people and players left to keep the doors open

Once he goes and the ass falls out the entire place will there be enough people and players left to keep the doors open
Irrelevant it will still be a better place even if the exodus is huge this cannot go on any longer

it’s hugely concerning..

unfortunately there seems to be a complete lack of a sophisticated, contemporary system and gameplan; particularly when you’re coaching against the likes of Mcguane and Tudor for example who know the game inside out and have an answer for everything.

The level of communication is also concerning; no accountability or togetherness and essentially throwing blame on your players is very rarely seen from high level coaches.

Further, having private posts screenshot and leaked online suggests that they have lost the playing group.. not sure if there’s any coming back from that.

it’s hugely concerning..

unfortunately there seems to be a complete lack of a sophisticated, contemporary system and gameplan; particularly when you’re coaching against the likes of Mcguane and Tudor for example who know the game inside out and have an answer for everything.

The level of communication is also concerning; no accountability or togetherness and essentially throwing blame on your players is very rarely seen from high level coaches.

Further, having private posts screenshot and leaked online suggests that they have lost the playing group.. not sure if there’s any coming back from that.
The finger pointing is problematic & hardly going to drive buy-in.
Whoever is screenshotting internal comms is telling on themselves though.

The finger pointing is problematic & hardly going to drive buy-in.
Whoever is screenshotting internal comms is telling on themselves though.
Yeah. While I'm not going to defend EK or Pat , I will ask the question - These Players put their hand out every week and are massively over compensated for playing Local Footy - any chance the Players accepting accountability? All I'm saying is I can understand Pat's frustration, and he'd be at boiling point knowing his players have leaked this(and probably a lot more)...
Don't get me wrong , I said "understand" , not sympathize as he has created the environment.

You might find your wrong here.. The big powerbrokers were very influential in trying to stop the competition from getting better.
These clubs have fu&&&& local footy ad if you can’t admit that I’m sorry I can’t help you! Offering players 3x there value just to avoid an opposition club getting that player was and is totally unacceptable and stuffed the landscape, and we now have an uneven competition..Clubs ignored the salary caps to win premierships. Is that a great example. Still to this day certain clubs get treated differently and that’s not great!!
Who are the big powerbrokers you speak of, Turbo? The points system was nearly universally bought into being throughout the entire Victorian competition. Are you saying all the powerful clubs in the state influenced this prior to 2016 or just the bigger clubs of the EDFL? What clubs get treated differently. How are they treated differently and by whom are they treated differently? The EDFL or AFL Vic? I agree that from time to time the competion is weaker than at other times, it's swings and roundabouts, but there are at the moment, several clubs that are in the mix to become more complete and more competitive, while other once powerful clubs, are on the decline. It takes hard work and many hard working people, with long term vision and common goals to drive improvement and it doesn't happen overnight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back