EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Keilor just have one of the great teams ever in the competition, hasn’t been forever, won’t be forever. Something drastic would need to change for it to be a competitive GF this season. Can either suck it up and get better, or whinge.

Still plenty of interest, and lots of big games to play out every week. How much is there between Abers, Pacco & Mores ? And might be even less between Greenvale, Douttas, East Keilor, Avondale, Deer Park and Airport West.

If Deer Park do get relegated, we could be starting a viscous cycle of up/down for years. The Deer Park mercernary method works at the 2nd tier/WRFL but gets completely shown up in a real Premier comp.
At this stage, Abers will be the only team that can give them a run in the GF. But they’d need a full strength list and to play out their skin

Your losing respect fast fat Kev. Everyone knows they actively recruit junior players. One player i heard drives around 30-45mins to get to keilor and comes from another lesser rated competition. I just don’t like it and it’s not the process those other clubs used you mentioned on here.
Check the results of games especially in premier and you tell me this is a great competition!! Your kidding yourself.. Until the edfl employ a neutral person from outside this league to change things up and ruffle some feathers i can can’t see it improving.
Mate your club Pacco are doing it in the sixteens at the moment also the eighteens last year so is that ok?

I didn’t see a white van there yesterday maybe parked in a side street. What I did see was a hell of a lot of keilor people in the rooms at halftime and at the end of the game, long queues at the bar.

Hey chicken, that’s great to hear as Pacco always go into opposition clubrooms in big numbers.

Hey I watched the first quarter and part of the second on the live cast, probably a good idea when I seen the one sided result, until it drove me nuts. That stream is horrible and why move from Clutch tv??
Pacco had a lot of the ball inside their forward 50 in the first quarter but quite a few decisions didn’t go their way. Even the commentators mentioned free kick should have been to Pacco but it went to keilor. Probably heard it 3-4 times. Watson appeared to be held on a few occasions but free kick went to keilor. *Umpires not to blame for result I might add.

That Honey looks very good and Ruben Williams was excellent off half back in the first. But it was a very scrappy contest early for 2 undefeated sides. Majority of edfl grounds don’t attribute to great footy. Hopefully Pacco better on a bigger ground in finals times! 😉

Where is this league heading mate. Is there to much influence by particular high profile people and/or clubs..I will say again the points system just hasn’t worked and imo created a bigger divide..

Mate your club Pacco are doing it in the sixteens at the moment also the eighteens last year so is that ok?
Chicken, other clubs had to as the league appeared to approve that “keilor” method but Pacco to my understanding have a program for certain culture and it’s run by trained personnel. Might seem like a similar process but bit different. Plus some clubs in close proximity couldn’t get juniors up so they had to move elsewhere. Little bit different than recruiting juniors that had talent and winning B&Fs at neighbouring clubs or kids in the elite programs being convinced/enticed to move.
Actually have no problem with top age 16s or 18s moving to play premier 18s as that is a good thing for the player to play highest footy plus the kid is old enough to make the call. Just don’t like it at the young ages of 12-14 and early 16s to be influenced by certain people with some influence at the higher pathways..

Chicken, other clubs had to as the league appeared to approve that “keilor” method but Pacco to my understanding have a program for certain culture and it’s run by trained personnel. Might seem like a similar process but bit different. Plus some clubs in close proximity couldn’t get juniors up so they had to move elsewhere. Little bit different than recruiting juniors that had talent and winning B&Fs at neighbouring clubs or kids in the elite programs being convinced/enticed to move.
Actually have no problem with top age 16s or 18s moving to play premier 18s as that is a good thing for the player to play highest footy plus the kid is old enough to make the call. Just don’t like it at the young ages of 12-14 and early 16s to be influenced by certain people with some influence at the higher pathways..
As I said your sixteen coach is doing that (recruiting ) this year and I don’t agree with that if keilor or any other club is doing that then that’s wrong. Unfortunately parents want little Johnny to play at the big clubs hence why they go there because the think they will win a premiership and maybe get picked up in the cannons etc.

Hey chicken, that’s great to hear as Pacco always go into opposition clubrooms in big numbers.

Hey I watched the first quarter and part of the second on the live cast, probably a good idea when I seen the one sided result, until it drove me nuts. That stream is horrible and why move from Clutch tv??
Pacco had a lot of the ball inside their forward 50 in the first quarter but quite a few decisions didn’t go their way. Even the commentators mentioned free kick should have been to Pacco but it went to keilor. Probably heard it 3-4 times. Watson appeared to be held on a few occasions but free kick went to keilor. *Umpires not to blame for result I might add.

That Honey looks very good and Ruben Williams was excellent off half back in the first. But it was a very scrappy contest early for 2 undefeated sides. Majority of edfl grounds don’t attribute to great footy. Hopefully Pacco better on a bigger ground in finals times! 😉

Where is this league heading mate. Is there to much influence by particular high profile people and/or clubs..I will say again the points system just hasn’t worked and imo created a bigger divide..
Not sure where they are headed as this is a football Victoria issue they brought both salary cap and points in.
Unfortunately for Pacco their history on the bigger grounds in September is not good, half their players look like they don’t give a shit,it was an embarrassing day for the football club yesterday. Some players getting paid a lot of money, i assume, for sfa

Not sure where they are headed as this is a football Victoria issue they brought both salary cap and points in.
Unfortunately for Pacco their history on the bigger grounds in September is not good, half their players look like they don’t give a s**t,it was an embarrassing day for the football club yesterday. Some players getting paid a lot of money, i assume, for sfa
Yes mate it does seem they will take it hard and be embarrassed and Tudor likely to make changes. Keilor appear to be a 10 goal plus better side than the others. Yes players would be getting paid good coin but let’s not hide the fact Keilor also paying out big $$$ and possibly the most of all clubs when you look at it. But nothing wrong with that either..And they aren’t it.

I’m not really following edfl as much the last few seasons as think it’s become quite boring tbh. And as mentioned some clubs are sinking to low points to recruit kids and it’s disgusting attitude of these people..Plus they seem to get around rules the league implement in juniors also as they definitely have a win at all costs over development.
Apparently had 80 odd 18s this preseason so you work out the sums and how they got there..That club is happy to see other clubs go under and that’s not great for community footy.

Last edited:
Unfortunately for Pacco their history on the bigger grounds in September is not good, half their players look like they don’t give a s**t,it was an embarrassing day for the football club yesterday. Some players getting paid a lot of money, i assume, for sfa

Watched some of the replay this morning. A few blokes were just not interested.

Keilor WOW…. EDFL need to stop letting them absolutely rape the junior program…know of 3 top gun u/16kids … they contact the parents …and nek minute they are Keilor “ kids” and become 1 pointers…
Seriously fat Mick and his endless money pit 🤦🏼‍♂️
Aren't you from Pacco?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting no sound with vision of EK EDS game, probably planned that way to mute the barrage of foul mouth language emanating from EK coaches box. The same continued at both 1qtr and 3qtr time breaks, great way to in-still confidence and encouragement to EK players, the coach is a disgrace

Interesting no sound with vision of EK EDS game, probably planned that way to mute the barrage of foul mouth language emanating from EK coaches box. The same continued at both 1qtr and 3qtr time breaks, great way to in-still confidence and encouragement to EK players, the coach is a disgrace

The crowd that was there in the second half was predictably aggravated but very quiet and almost empty late in the game.
The whole place seemed to give up.

Watched some of the replay this morning. A few blokes were just not interested.
I watched the first half via stream. The first quarter was a good contest, Pacco on top at clearance but just couldn’t capitalise. On a different day Pacco might have got the jump and been three/four goals up IMO. I didn’t notice Watson being infringed on but he did look a great target early, but faded completely out of the game.
Both half back lines dominant on the 1st, Reuben was really good for Keilor and Pacco not only held up but were able to transition and get shots.
Then O’Kearney (before breaking an arm ?) Ellis and Honey took over in the middle and Keilor dominated territory. Thought Allan was pretty solid all day but hard to find too many Pacco winners after 1/4 time. Brazier has some class and did some nice things, and Stillman can hold his head up.
Pacco ruckman wasn’t able to use height advantage and didn’t do a lot around the ground, Keilor went more mobile thru the ruck.
With so much ball in the second the quarter Keilor took chances, looked really potent lead by Brand and too many Pacco players conceded early.
Turned it off at HT. The camera coverage was below what it should be for the standard, the commentary horrendous, and along with the snoozefest midweek podcast the EDFL have a lot to be embarrassed about. Any interested, neutral onlooker would turn off within minutes. Invest in the product and grow it, surely there is some recently retired players or ex coaches of the league that they can persuade to get on and talk about the games with some knowledge.
Pacco will be really disappointed, Tudor spoke well post game and reiterated that. I wouldn’t be writing Pacco off, Abers ran Keilor for 3 quarters and Strathmore are building. No point putting the white flag up, anyone of those clubs would take their chances on the last day, albeit as rank outsiders.

Greenvale box seat for 5th now, tight wins over EK, EDS and APW have them well placed. After seeing EK a couple times in recent weeks I thought them to be most likely, despite an earlier posters thoughts I actually think they have a bit of high end talent. Dennis is obvious, but might finally be slowing up a touch, Nayf Ahmed is a very good mid, and Caluzzi is class. But incompetent coach that doesn’t have the skills to bring them together after only inticing them via bags of cash. No idea what the assistant does other than pat players on the back at the breaks. Prendegast impact at Douttas is immense, players love him and with a few savvy recruits this year they have become competitive and now know how to win. That keeps them safe in the competition and they could even hold down 5th at the halfway mark, I just don’t think the have the depth to be able to hold there after rd.18. EK have been scoring in recent weeks and EDS without three best fwds (Tully, Goodman & Thomas) yesterday. Good win!

Remaining three games to halfway point …
Race to 5th :

Greenvale 16pts, 93% - SM, PV, Abers
Douttas 12pts, 98% - Abers, DP, Kei
East Keilor 8pts, 87% - Kei, APW, PV
Avondale 4pts, 67% - DP, Kei, APW
Deer Park 4pts, 60% - AH, EDS, SM
Airport West 0pts, 68% - PV, EK, AH,

WTF, On what basis!

It’s a mute argument as it is unlikely to ever happen so nobody will actually ever know!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
True that unfortunately.
Heidelberg have lost one game in 2 and a half seasons and would also have a case.

Yes mate it does seem they will take it hard and be embarrassed and Tudor likely to make changes. Keilor appear to be a 10 goal plus better side than the others. Yes players would be getting paid good coin but let’s not hide the fact Keilor also paying out big $$$ and possibly the most of all clubs when you look at it. But nothing wrong with that either..And they aren’t it.

I’m not really following edfl as much the last few seasons as think it’s become quite boring tbh. And as mentioned some clubs are sinking to low points to recruit kids and it’s disgusting attitude of these people..Plus they seem to get around rules the league implement in juniors also as they definitely have a win at all costs over development.
Apparently had 80 odd 18s this preseason so you work out the sums and how they got there..That club is happy to see other clubs go under and that’s not great for community footy.
“mentioned some clubs are sinking to low points to recruit kids and it’s disgusting attitude of these people..Plus they seem to get around rules the league implement in juniors also as they definitely have a win at all costs over development”

Turbo, do you any hard evidence to support these accusations ? Every club entitled to persuade players to join their club but are they actually offering money or similar ? Seems like another lazy generalisation. Every club poaches juniors, and for me most of the responsibility lies with the parents and the values they show for their children, far too many think winning junior football is far more important that it actually is. So much more to be proud of by sticking with your club through good and bad. If your son isn’t getting 40 and kicking multiple snags every week in juniors they are about $1m/1 to get drafted and the parent delusional. I dont follow juniors too closely other than a couple of nephews but noticed in one age group that a lot of the comps best players left weaker teams for stronger ones, none of which landed at Keilor 🤷‍♂️ The kids that do move more often than not also end up being senior players that play for half a dozen clubs.

If clubs have the cash to invest in juniors it’s better spent on skilled junior coaches that can help develop talent. I see so many junior coaches thinking the worlds going to end if they don’t win, it’s terrible

Heidelberg had a players wedding that day also and had most of its best missing
It’s a moot point as was said, we’ll never know as practice matches are no guideline

“mentioned some clubs are sinking to low points to recruit kids and it’s disgusting attitude of these people..Plus they seem to get around rules the league implement in juniors also as they definitely have a win at all costs over development”

Turbo, do you any hard evidence to support these accusations ? Every club entitled to persuade players to join their club but are they actually offering money or similar ? Seems like another lazy generalisation. Every club poaches juniors, and for me most of the responsibility lies with the parents and the values they show for their children, far too many think winning junior football is far more important that it actually is. So much more to be proud of by sticking with your club through good and bad. If your son isn’t getting 40 and kicking multiple snags every week in juniors they are about $1m/1 to get drafted and the parent delusional. I dont follow juniors too closely other than a couple of nephews but noticed in one age group that a lot of the comps best players left weaker teams for stronger ones, none of which landed at Keilor 🤷‍♂️ The kids that do move more often than not also end up being senior players that play for half a dozen clubs.

If clubs have the cash to invest in juniors it’s better spent on skilled junior coaches that can help develop talent. I see so many junior coaches thinking the worlds going to end if they don’t win, it’s terrible
Hey Grem, junior footy is probably at its lowest point. Clubs not represented in certain age groups, Div 1 comp a complete shambles with only a few clubs any good. Under 18 premier absolutely horrendous and some clubs uncompetitive. This is the fault of a few clubs but 1 in particular and the league also can take some blame for doing sfa. Where is the young talent going to come for some clubs to be competitive at the senior end???
How will promoted club sustain promotion?? Plenty of questions but it’s a very lopsided competition Grem..

An example:Your old club in Douttas don’t have much in 18s as playing div1. So they will need to recruit hard to be a potential top 4 premier club. Good luck with that under the points system. It’s absolute mess..

Hey Grem, junior footy is probably at its lowest point. Clubs not represented in certain age groups, Div 1 comp a complete shambles with only a few clubs any good. Under 18 premier absolutely horrendous and some clubs uncompetitive. This is the fault of a few clubs but 1 in particular and the league also can take some blame for doing sfa. Where is the young talent going to come for some clubs to be competitive at the senior end???
How will promoted club sustain promotion?? Plenty of questions but it’s a very lopsided competition Grem..

An example:Your old club in Douttas don’t have much in 18s as playing div1. So they will need to recruit hard to be a potential top 4 premier club. Good luck with that under the points system. It’s absolute mess..
Again you only answer in generalisations, no actual examples of offering kids money or similar ? So junior footy is screwed because Keilor are too good ? Right 🤔

I actually agree with previous posts that Douttas 18’s should not be playing in Div.1, either grade it or don’t grade it but I can’t offer much more than that as I’ve seen them in total for a half this season. There is a few players there that will play 100+ senior games, and a few more in the 16’s too.

For the record, I played for Douttas a long time ago but don’t really follow them much closer than anyone else in the comp these days. I’ve failed to tip them in any of 3 wins 🤦‍♂️
Love to see what they are doing after years of embarrassment but I’m closer to a neutral than a DS person. Imagine most people know who I am and that’s never bothered me, I post as I see it and not afraid to have strong opinions.

Do a bit of digging on PlayHQ, Turbo, it’s really easy to find out where players started their football. I’d have a dollar there is as many poached by other clubs as Keilor.
Can’t stand Keilor, but you have to respect what they are as a community club

You called this out a couple of weeks ago that they need to be in premier after they did a number on Hillside. So now your saying they don’t have much? Love sitting on that picket fence don’t you

Remove this Banner Ad

Back