EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey pat e.k are not coming anywhere any longer no longer a supporter your a fraud!!
You and you mate ali need to resign and don't let the door hit you on the way out!!

Why post this crap on here?
The EK faithful need to stand up for what’s right. They haven’t been a premier div club for 20+ years and without relying on one bloke seems they still aren’t.
Go get your club back!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Majak Daw was sublime today. A perfect example of high marking, accurate kicking and outstanding sportsmanship. Well done Majak.

I'll ad my 2 cents. EK is a good club and (despite the knockers) Pat is actually a good bloke. The only reason BF punters are upset is the huge sign-on and game-rate payments PC is paying for blokes that are only playing for themselves and not the club. Yes. other clubs are over the cap, but not $350k over it. He's failed miserably because he doesnt understand EDFL footy. GA doesn't either. Allison and him paid for 7 GFs and didn't get cought so they tried it on in EDFL PD. Others are trying the same strategy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll ad my 2 cents. EK is a good club and (despite the knockers) Pat is actually a good bloke. The only reason BF punters are upset is the huge sign-on and game-rate payments PC is paying for blokes that are only playing for themselves and not the club. Yes. other clubs are over the cap, but not $350k over it. He's failed miserably because he doesnt understand EDFL footy. GA doesn't either. Allison and him paid for 7 GFs and didn't get cought so they tried it on in EDFL PD.
How much is Keilor paying their list?. Bet it is as much if not more than any other team in the league.

Last edited by a moderator:
How much is Keilor paying their list?. Bet it is as much if not more than any other team in the league.
Yep, for sure we are over the $120k cap. Blindy freddy would see that (but not the EDFL officials). Its probably not the same as us (or even the half). EK pay $500k for their team of try-hards. I'm betting EK will be in Div 2 in 2 years. PC is gone, so is the money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, for sure we are over the $120k cap. Blindy freddy would see that (but not the EDFL officials). Its probably not the same as us (or even the half). EK pay $500k for their team of try-hards. I'm betting EK will be in Div 2 in 2 years. PC is gone, so is the money.
My son plays at Keilor and also plays VFL. I assure you him and many others are playing for unders because they are driven for success and buy into what club is about.

He knows he could be getting 4 to 5 times more than what he is getting in many other leagues across Victoria and has been offered that. But for him like many other boys they also are being coached by best in business who generally cares for his players.

The amounts being bantered on this page in regards Keilor players being paid is way off mark. Players actually took cuts this year so everyone could be paid but no one even Honey is on anywhere near figures posted on this forum.

you can stop holding your breath, the round seven reviews are here. In a lob sided round six we move onwards and upwards to the seventh round of season 2024. Will Pascoe Vale score multiple goals? In what quarter will East Keilor start posting their junk time goals? Will abers get a hard ball? Questions will be answered this week.

1. Pascoe Vale to respond as they need to in a training drill against Airport West.
2. Keilor to kick 200 points vs East Keilor. Pat will be tempted to lace the boots up at 3/4. Going once, Going twice, SOLD TO MICK MCGUANE.
3. Deer Park to sneak over the line of Avondale by under a goal.
4. The essendon Doutta stars will shock the world and defeat Abers. When playing against Aberfeldie, you don’t feel a sense of worry. They love the ball on the outside but the stars have stars on every line and will make it a scrappy affair. Doutta in a boilover.
5. If you told me in February that six rounds in Greenvale and Strathmore would be on equal points I would’ve spat out my VB. This is brewing to be a sneaky contender of match of the season. The mores aren’t as good as what people think and I believe that finals bound Greenvale will give it to them. Right now, the jets playing at their best is better then current day Strathmore and that will come to fruition on Saturday. The whisp has a tingling feeling in his heart (hopefully it’s nothing). It’s a sign. It’s a sign that I believe that the game between Strathmore and Greenvale Brad Sewell Reserve will be the season’s first DRAW. yes you’re reading correctly, a draw. Roll out the red carpet Brad Sewell, I’m coming to your reserve for a slab of VB. Good day.
Sunday Scaries as you young blokes call it has hit my like a ton of bricks. Tried my first ‘hard rated’ yesterday as I thought i predicted the draw but it wasn’t to be. It was a pretty straight forward round to say the least. The games we expected to be blow outs were blow outs and the games that were meant to be tight were tight. The whisp was at his brilliant it best with the predictions with some roughies of his almost getting up. Time for the reviews.

1. Pascoe Vale are undefeated in games when they kick multiple goals. Tudor should show the plays next time they vs Keilor.
2. Keilor to kick 200 points, tick. EK to post on their socials in junk time to make believe they won, tick. A well oiled machine vs a headless chook. Pat should sack himself before Tuesday.
3. Daw is the name, winning is the aim. This man is dragging his club from the depths of hell. Could he be the man to take down Mighty Mick?
4. They had it. They almost had abers. For 3 quarters they played furious and a contested brand that we’ve come to know and love with the stars but it wasn’t to be. People forget aberfeldie finished first two years ago so their experience got them over the line. Stars still need polish, they need to become four point snatches rather then spirited loss collectors.
5. What a cracking game. I’ve been high on the stars but I just be higher on the jets. They brought it to the griff who look rattled and visible shaken like a gambler not seeing their leg get up. Credit for the jets for their spirited comeback and they had the game in the palm of their hands. They will cause headaches for further opponents down the line. Strathmore escape with the four points and head into the week off with the a big game on kings bday. That game will be a cracker. Two uncontested pigeons going at it. The mores vs abers at windy hill.

PS. I would also like to add that the song they play after games, believe it’s called ‘Jacky’ is massively overrated. They need to listen to Keilor’s playlist after Good Friday as that will give them a better idea of partying. That’s my two cents.

Last edited:
Keilor have the right mix of business and community people running the club. People are drawn there for this reason. They are so well run, they would not risk paying or being caught over the salary cap. Many don’t like them but are admired for what they have achieved over many years and that’s what keep bringing people back.

I have full respect for Keilor and the way they develop their players. Mostly they are home-grown and whats even scarier is that they have 10 Western Jets players currently playing U18 so the quality of player will continue.

That said, I imagine the EDFL would be hugely concerned at the results of the past 2 weeks. When Premier has basically become uncompetitive, people lose interest and start drifting away. If the crowd at GF last season was poor, then I imagine it will be even worse this season.

I'm not entirely sure what the solution is - someone mentioned the possibility of Keilor playing in the VFL as a stand alone team. I think that has merit and will add interest to both the EDFL and the VFL at the same time.

Keilor have the right mix of business and community people running the club. People are drawn there for this reason. They are so well run, they would not risk paying or being caught over the salary cap. Many don’t like them but are admired for what they have achieved over many years and that’s what keep bringing people back.
I’m a former Keilor junior and senior player who had the privilege of playing in a senior grand final with them , I can confirm Keilor are not about paying big bucks to players , they are driven by a club first mentality. They put time and effort into juniors and they reap the rewards in years to come. The high turn over rate at other clubs is something you don’t see at Keilor . Player stay for the culture and possible success.

Every club has their highs and lows over years , Keilor is just at there peak atm . Ppl should not judge just because of success . Who knows other clubs could peak in years to come .

Last edited:
I have full respect for Keilor and the way they develop their players. Mostly they are home-grown and whats even scarier is that they have 10 Western Jets players currently playing U18 so the quality of player will continue.

That said, I imagine the EDFL would be hugely concerned at the results of the past 2 weeks. When Premier has basically become uncompetitive, people lose interest and start drifting away. If the crowd at GF last season was poor, then I imagine it will be even worse this season.

I'm not entirely sure what the solution is - someone mentioned the possibility of Keilor playing in the VFL as a stand alone team. I think that has merit and will add interest to both the EDFL and the VFL at the same time.
But out of those 10 at the jets they are not all keilor grown juniors. If some were to play senior footy they will be 4 point players. That’s the issue the edfl needs to seriously look into as a way to even up senior and junior footy for the future.
Yes they are a destination club mainly on the back of McGuane who’s son played juniors and he coached so he seen kids from opposing clubs.
Keilor do pay a lot and let’s not forget what McGuane is paid. He would, and should be the highest paid coach in this competition and up there with the highest paid in local footy. It’s worth every cent though.

You might think the league would be discussing things or are they happy with what appears to be a one sided competition.
Pacco 2nd last year after H&A and lost by 120points
East Keilor 4th last year after H&A and lost by 180points.
Strathmore 3rd last year after H&A and beat pretty convincing and being round 1 probably closed the result somewhat..
Huge differentials in these results and I don’t ever recall similar disparity in margins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back