EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is the EDFL salary cap higher than Eastern football league & Northern? Is AFL Victoria saying the EDFL is the best metro competition

Hey mate, I think 250k is reasonable. I guess they need to take into account what is "supposedly" being paid now and try and bring it back to a medium.
But I also think the gap between divisions needs to be bigger so think the div1 & 2 should be lower than 200 & 150.

There does appear to be more $$ in EDFL so that's probably why they are higher and try to align them over coming years..

Why is the EDFL salary cap higher than Eastern football league & Northern? Is AFL Victoria saying the EDFL is the best metro competition

No, just EDFL attracts more mercenaries and business people stupid enough to pay the wages. EDFL would be far and away the highest paying league in the state and probably country, yet would probably have the worst facilities.

Word is Marby have re-appointed Robbie Castello for a further couple of years. Great news for them & Robbie. You have anything do with this Turbo??

How many other clubs have re-committed to their coaches for 2017? Obviously Keilor and Marby are now locked away. Haven't heard of any others that have been re-appointed for next year as yet. I'd expect Potter and Abers to continue on and would also expect the same of Digby and West Coburg. Is Hardingham going to coach Paco next season once the ban is up?

This weeks tips

Strathmore to bounce back and beat Avondale in what should be a good contest. The heights have been playing some better footy and whilst a win wouldn't surprise the Mores have an edge with the big fellas in Hamish & Tighe. Mores by 27

Greenvale really have their season on the lien over the next 3 weeks. Can't see them beating the Abers juggernaut as GV seem to be relying on too few each week. Midfield battle will be a cracker and will go a long way to deciding the contest. Abers just seem to have a few more that can roll through there & mutliple avenues to goal should see them get home comfortably. GV by 45

Paco should be to strong for West. Paco really need to keep winning to get themselves back in the 4. Would be a disappointing season for them if they weren't to play finals. With the investment made there would have to be some rumblings. But i do expect them to win this week and they have their destiny in their won hands with a game against Douttas coming up in Round 17. West have been good this year and have exceeded external expectations. They'd love to take another scalp by seasons end so wont write them off in any of their remaining games. Paco by 12

Keilor to beat a depleted Douttas. Douttas are the most vulnerable of the sides in the 4 with 3 tough games to come. If they make the 4 they will certainly deserve their finals spot. They've been great all year but Keilor @ Keilor is a massive task. Think Keilors big fellas will dominate and be enough to get them the chocolates. Keilor by 30

Marby simply have to keep winning to keep their slim finals chances alive. They'll do that this week just a matter of how far. Marby by 110

Word is Marby have re-appointed Robbie Castello for a further couple of years. Great news for them & Robbie. You have anything do with this Turbo??

How many other clubs have re-committed to their coaches for 2017? Obviously Keilor and Marby are now locked away. Haven't heard of any others that have been re-appointed for next year as yet. I'd expect Potter and Abers to continue on and would also expect the same of Digby and West Coburg. Is Hardingham going to coach Paco next season once the ban is up?

Hey John,
Nah mate, but good decision by Marby. As I've stated previously his a very loyal person and still playing well. Guessing after 4 years at Marby (when his times up) he might go back to KP if they are still going ok and can pay him something half decent..

Yes mate, pretty sure the plan is still for Hardingham to take over and Contessa will be assisting him.

Mighty Mick is fielding offers , he will deny this but it is fact. His Preference is to stay at Keilor but he knows anything short of a Flag and he will be given his marching orders so he'd be silly not to hear what others have got to say. $50k to coach local footy , I mean bloody hell , keep that scam going as long as you can I say!!! Doutta's, Greenvale, yes - Crazyburn & Strathmore - only clubs with $50k to apply please!!!!!

Wallis - Close to VFL gig , been great for Doutta's but must take the VFL gig if it's there

Shannon Grant - As mentioned earlier, lots of rumblings down at Section Road - Expect him to be at Mores or Keilor 2017

I hear Mick has signed with Keilor. Shannon Grant from Greenvale Jets spent 2 years developing some of the best talent EDFL. Farchione, Micevski, Trifunovic, Sanajko he has created great assets for the JETS at section road

Hey John,
Nah mate, but good decision by Marby. As I've stated previously his a very loyal person and still playing well. Guessing after 4 years at Marby (when his times up) he might go back to KP if they are still going ok and can pay him something half decent..

Yes mate, pretty sure the plan is still for Hardingham to take over and Contessa will be assisting him.

Turbo when are you going back to Keilor Park?

I hear Mick has signed with Keilor. Shannon Grant from Greenvale Jets spent 2 years developing some of the best talent EDFL. Farchione, Micevski, Trifunovic, Sanajko he has created great assets for the JETS at section road

You like Shagga himself, pitching for an extension on his own contract mate. Greenvale's biggest problem moving forward is their juniors. I'm not going to bore the very fine B/F public with the reasons. But if people are interested, just have a look at the ladder positions of their juniors this season. It appears soccer is winning out with juniors in the area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terrible scene's today up at keilor, someone king hit clarke from behind, behind the ball broken jaw and knocked out. No room for that in the game, and the umps did nothing poor display of football from keilor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely disgusting scenes at Keilor today players one hit Jensen early and then one of these blokes King hit clarkey the bloke was sent to hospital with breaks in the jaw/face and was barely able to walk off. The umpire was there to report and send off but free kick wasn't awarded in the EDS forward line which resulted in a Keilor goal as gourdis had a mark in keilors 50.

Disgusting act!

Terrible scene's today up at keilor, someone from keilor king hit clarke from behind, behind the ball broken jaw and knocked out. No room for that in the game, and the umps did nothing poor display of football from keilor.
Mate was also there and incident was certainly behind play. Keilor player was lining up for goal at club rooms end and an incident occurred other end. Agree no room for that in any footy. Problem was as it was other of ground no one would have been looking at incident so can't really blame umps for not acting on it as they would not have seen it.
Would have been send off and major all in if anyone did King hit from behind. But clearly an EDS player did end up with busted jaw and that should not be accepted by anyone. Footy is a sport and that is thuggery if incident happened as you say it did. Wish all the best for the player and Stars for the season as they really challenged in the match and a great finish. No wonder I drink!

Mate was also there and incident was certainly behind play. Keilor player was lining up for goal at club rooms end and an incident occurred other end. Agree no room for that in any footy. Problem was as it was other of ground no one would have been looking at incident so can't really blame umps for not acting on it as they would not have seen it.
Would have been send off and major all in if anyone did King hit from behind. But clearly an EDS player did end up with busted jaw and that should not be accepted by anyone. Footy is a sport and that is thuggery if incident happened as you say it did. Wish all the best for the player and Stars for the season as they really challenged in the match and a great finish. No wonder I drink!

Absolutely respect to your comment mate but If the umpire didn't see it how does he send the right person off the ground?

Thanks mate but my understanding (and 2nd hand info only as I was other end) was that keilor player was only sent off for blood rule - not for belting someone as hit wasn't sighted by umps.
I reiterate - if you want to hit blokes - jump in the ring with Danny green. Don't play footy. If he king hit EDS player behind play - that's unacceptable and should be outed. No justification at all.

Thanks mate but my understanding (and 2nd hand info only as I was other end) was that keilor player was only sent off for blood rule - not for belting someone as hit wasn't sighted by umps.
I reiterate - if you want to hit blokes - jump in the ring with Danny green. Don't play footy. If he king hit EDS player behind play - that's unacceptable and should be outed. No justification at all.

Okay mate! If it was a blood rule. That's what it was. Just disappointed as a bloke was wacked behind play. Pretty poor as you've stated other than that the game was a cracker and we (EDS) can hopefully make finals.

Absolutely disgusting scenes at Keilor today someone hit Jensen early and then one of these blokes King hit clarkey the bloke was sent to hospital with breaks in the jaw/face and was barely able to walk off. The umpire was there to report and send off but free kick wasn't awarded in the EDS forward line which resulted in a Keilor goal as gourdis had a mark in keilors 50.

Disgusting act!

I think you'll find someone else threw the cowards punch and broke the jaw of one the nicest and fairest players in the Edfl. Whether or not the Edfl investigate l hope Simon lays legal charges against this coward. The other thing that should be investigated is that a point for Keilor was signalled by the goal umpire. The game was stopped because of the cowardly incident and for some unknown reason the Keilor player was given another kick and scored a goal. It was just another umpiring decision where you just shake your head. The game was certainly played at a high standard but the cowardly act certainly put a dampener on the game.

This was a completely different incident 24 was yellow carded, reported and sent off for 15 minutes due to wearing jewellery. He was not sent off for a blood rule and had no part in the cowardly act.

And let's not forget the Keilor 'Auskick' co ordinator who must be a shining light at the club, we were really proud of his attempts to emulate Danny Green and fight anyone in Doutta Stars supporter apparel

Okay mate! If it was a blood rule. That's what it was. Just disappointed as a bloke was wacked behind play. Pretty poor as you've stated other than that the game was a cracker and we (EDS) can hopefully make finals.

Did anyone actually see the incident to know for sure it was a king hit or just assuming it was? 3 different players have been accused on here of doing it so surely if it was such an obvious King hit it would be equally as obvious who did it?
I'm not saying it was or wasn't, it happened a fair way off the ball and I only seen the aftermath which wasn't pretty
Either way sour note to a cracking game of footy I thought Keilor were fairly dominate for the first 3 quarters just wasteful with there inside 50 entry's and shots at goal. They looked like kicking away several times but to douttas credit they hung in there and took advantage of the extra man for most of the last term finishing very strongly! 2-3 more minutes of play probably would have seen them with take home the 4 points

The EDFL is fast losing the plot

How does an Abers player get reported, a 50m penalty applied and the reported player yellow carded and sent off as the Greenvale player was down. Then low and behold that player was replaced and then the same player actually came on less than 5 mins later! When a head count was demanded the umpire refused and told the captain (and about 4 others) that you need 2 yellows or a red to be sent off for a period of time???

Then at half time the story changed and the umpire tells the team manager when questioned that they "rescinded the yellow card" magically during play.

Laughable. The three umpire system just doesn't work at local footy. There aren't enough good umpires, way too many different interpretations and the free kick counts have doubled. When was the last time an AFL game had 75 free kicks paid to the sides in a game. Statistically is happens regularly in the EDFL.

By the way this is not an Abers issue (nothing to do with them) and they are still the best team in the comp. Players shouldn't be getting sent off in senior footy unless they are out of control. Marby had a player send off last week that probably cost them winning by more. Abers pilled on about 10 goals to 0 in last yrs Grand Final against 17 men ( yes the game was over well before)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back