Autopsy Elimination Final - Richmond vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought I saw him. But it was just some footage of a Aust kick kid wearing number 9. I will keep looking.

Gee we are going good in this quarter. Welcome to the meat grinder Ellis, Edwards, Lids, Grigg, Hunt and Miles.....

Wait until early in the fourth. Houli gets the ball, couple of steps, tackled, has "an airy" says Bruce, no free, no howls, no fuss. Diabolical.

I thought I saw him. But it was just some footage of a Aust kick kid wearing number 9. I will keep looking.

Gee we are going good in this quarter. Welcome to the meat grinder Ellis, Edwards, Lids, Grigg, Hunt and Miles.....
And you still only kciked 5 goals to 3. When apparently our whole team was horrible. Hmmmmm.

Umpires aren't the rulebook. They interpret the rulebook. Nice try, but wrong.

This is truly magical stuff.

Why don't you guys get in touch with Martin Hardie and launch a Federal Court appeal?

When did I say that? Oh you just failed to read 1 simple line. Please show me where I said they interpreted the rulebook wrong?

Do you even understand what you're on about?

Or maybe it just was a free kick. Which is widely agreed on, don't know why that's the part you are trying to argue

Or maybe I've simply had enough of you sooking about 1 free kick in a game of over 600 disposals.

It should have been paid a free, for mine it was unquestionably a free kick. Do l care? Nope because l cant ever recall posting a comment about umpires its is generally not where the game is ever won or lost.

Why is your focus not on the real issue as a Richmond supporter. Evaluate what the hell happened to your elite players? Why was Edwards crap 2 weeks in a row & hardly up the ground? Was he injured? If so why play him & others returning from injury?. Why would the coach play under prepared Reece Conca ahead of the elite young talent described a few pages back. The coach had no faith in those kids.....none. He put in Griffith & Conca one has finally shown something this year to say he has a chance to be a regular the other.....well the foot skills for a top 10 pick are crap even McDonlads don't sell that many turnovers. Hardwick is the reason you lost.

Scott last year played both Turner who was a high school kid & Brown as a 7 game key forward showing faith in the youth. Brown kicked 4 second half goals in the elim & Turner dived across Selwoods boot in the dying minutes both will be remembered fondly as kids who stood up when counted in a final.

So where were the heralded Richmond senior players that are forever being touted as elite top end talent. That is where your focus should be not trying to argue how many steps a bloke has taken, no one here really cares about that free kick they are just playing with you.

You are barking up the wrong tree coming in here crapping on about 1 free kick & feeling robbed. I hope that slightly helps your healing therapy.

Last edited:
#saveourskins

Geez.........l wasted 10 bucks that day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or maybe I've simply had enough of you sooking about 1 free kick in a game of over 600 disposals.

It should have been paid a free, for mine it was unquestionably a free kick. Do l care? Nope because l cant ever recall posting a comment about umpires its is generally not where the game is ever won or lost.

Why is your focus not on the real issue as a Richmond supporter. Evaluate what the hell happened to your elite players? Why was Edwards crap 2 weeks in a row & hardly up the ground? Was he injured? If so why play him & others returning from injury?. Why would the coach play under prepared Reece Conca ahead of the elite young talent described a few pages back. The coach had no faith in those kids.....none. He put in Griffith & Conca one has finally shown something this year to say he has a chance to be a regular the other.....well the foot skills for a top 10 pick are crap even McDonlads don't sell that many turnovers. Hardwick is the reason you lost.

Scott last year played both Turner who was a high school kid & Brown as a 7 game key forward showing faith in the youth. Brown kicked 4 second half goals in the elim & Turner dived across Selwoods boot in the dying minutes both will be remembered fondly as kids who stood up when counted in a final.

So where were the heralded Richmond senior players that are forever being touted as elite top end talent. That is where your focus should be not trying to argue how many steps a bloke has taken, no one here really cares about that free kick they are just playing with you.

You are barking up the wrong tree coming in here crapping on about 1 free kick & feeling robbed. I hope that slightly helps your healing therapy.
When did I say it was the reason we lost? All I said is it should've been a free kick. Which is true.
Maybe instead of going a rant, you should just read the comments.

That's makes no sense. Did the decision have bearing? Yes. Because the game would have not been the same if it was. It could've been a 1 point less loss, but that's still different. Which beans it did have a bearing on the game.

Look, I'm gonna throw something a little crazy out there... but it's possible that; just maybe, the Richmond players themselves could have had a greater bearing on the result, even after that free kick wasn't paid. Insanity, right?
There was basically a full minute of play between that decision and the Lindsay Thomas goal. North didn't exactly whisk the ball down the other end in a flash. After the free kick wasn't paid, the clearing kick is marked by Petrie. He proceeds to chip short up the line to Gibson, who chips the ball forward again to Ziebell, who then chips the ball forward again to Swallow. That alone gave your players ample time to get back and reset. Two contests then ensued, both of which were won by North Melbourne (the first being Waite's contested mark, the second being the 2v2 between Houli/Newman & Harvey/Thomas in the forward pocket which resulted in the goal). In that second contest, both Houli and Newman flew for the ball. No one stayed down, leaving Boomer to crumb and Thomas to finish.
Now, yourself and other Tiger fans can keep telling yourselves that this decision cost Richmond the game. But the fact of the matter is if Richmond were good enough, you wouldn't be sitting here agonizing over one decision in a game that goes for 2 hours. North Melbourne were simply better than Richmond.
But you know, whatever makes it hurt less...
Better luck next year :thumbsu:

When did I say it was the reason we lost? All I said is it should've been a free kick. Which is true.
Maybe instead of going a rant, you should just read the comments.

When did l say it was the reason you lost? I said you should blame Dimma for the loss & l suggested that l personally don't blame umpires for a win or a loss. Maybe you should read the comments & stop considering them a rant where l politely suggested you maybe focus on the real issues & you come back with. "All I said is it should've been a free kick. Which is true"

You have been in defence mode to long.......move along. Do not reply, because l have already agreed it was a free kick.

I have learnt one thing today

Honey Badger.jpg

So why should l.............

Look, I'm gonna throw something a little crazy out there... but it's possible that; just maybe, the Richmond players themselves could have had a greater bearing on the result, even after that free kick wasn't paid. Insanity, right?
There was basically a full minute of play between that decision and the Lindsay Thomas goal. North didn't exactly whisk the ball down the other end in a flash. After the free kick wasn't paid, the clearing kick is marked by Petrie. He proceeds to chip short up the line to Gibson, who chips the ball forward again to Ziebell, who then chips the ball forward again to Swallow. That alone gave your players ample time to get back and reset. Two contests then ensued, both of which were won by North Melbourne (the first being Waite's contested mark, the second being the 2v2 between Houli/Newman & Harvey/Thomas in the forward pocket which resulted in the goal). In that second contest, both Houli and Newman flew for the ball. No one stayed down, leaving Boomer to crumb and Thomas to finish.
Now, yourself and other Tiger fans can keep telling yourselves that this decision cost Richmond the game. But the fact of the matter is if Richmond were good enough, you wouldn't be sitting here agonizing over one decision in a game that goes for 2 hours. North Melbourne were simply better than Richmond.
But you know, whatever makes it hurt less...
Better luck next year :thumbsu:
So when are you gonna shift your attention to the Swans game? Although North were the better side overall Richmond did well to still be in the game. I don't understand why you are trying to argue about such an obvious freekick that wasn't paid that was a pretty costly momentum changer. Not saying it would have changed the result. The reason why this thread is still going is you and your fellow north trolls keep disputing this.

So when are you gonna shift your attention to the Swans game? Although North were the better side overall Richmond did well to still be in the game. I don't understand why you are trying to argue about such an obvious freekick that wasn't paid that was a pretty costly momentum changer. Not saying it would have changed the result. The reason why this thread is still going is you and your fellow north trolls keep disputing this.

Don't think anyone's disputing that it was a free kick, more downplaying its significance.

Could not be any worse than losing 3 eliminations finals in a row!!!

A flogging and we still have Sunday - sweet beautiful precious Sunday....

I am actually watching the replay while I am posting this.

Your pants were on, yeah?

Because by the tone of this post I'm not sure...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back