Eliminator Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
The eliminator is back as of this week! Its a shame that the prize is so small as its a bloody fun competition. I believe last season a BigFooty user won it (I apologise that i don't know who it was) so hopefully the BF fraternity can make it 2 years in a row. I believe the first matchups will be set on Wednesday so keep your eye on the eliminator page, and good luck!

EDIT: Looks like it was DaVe86. Congratulations again! It'll be interesting to see how you go defending your crown :p

It's only open for the top 16 thousand odd teams per the website

(obviously hasn't been updated since 2014)

no bye for me...of course

I'm on left, and this is before trades. I really shouldn't lose this but I'm terrified of his Macrae and he will likely make him captain too. I've got Crisp who is well overdue for a bad game, Cogs who will probably score poorly if still battling the hand injury, Billings who could be bad in a big loss. Macrae will be so good this week for him, Pendlebury has hit form and so has Hoff. He has Miles, Moore, Elliot and Collins on field so there's my chance, but still think this will be closer than on paper
1556716215227.png

I've got someone who literally has half Saints players and the other half Gold Coast.

Nobody will have a more cursed matchup in league or eliminator than the one that I am experiencing right now. Was projected to win by around 200 and now will lose by 100.
My uniques in Cogs, Bray, Billings and Lloyd all well under their averages.
My opponent gets tons from Pendles, Hoff, ******* Anthony Miles, Elliot and also ******* Lockhart. All tons FFS! He also holds Dunkley and gets 145 from him. The real kicker comes when I see that he had Answerth as captain!!
This guy ranked around 8000th probably won't even realise how much he has ****** me over.
The most cursed day of fantasy I have ever had in a matchup, truly other-worldly.

In summary: Miles, Elliot and Lockhart all ton up for opponent, completely smash my premo trio of Cogs/Bray/Billings. He wins by 100 odd DESPITE HAVING BLOODY ANSWERTH AS CAPTAIN.

I challenge anyone to have a more cursed matchup this year.

Nobody will have a more cursed matchup in league or eliminator than the one that I am experiencing right now. Was projected to win by around 200 and now will lose by 100.
My opponent gets tons from Pendles, Hoff, ******* Anthony Miles, Elliot and also ******* Lockhart. All tons FFS! He also holds Dunkley and gets 145 from him. The real kicker comes when I see that he had Answerth as captain!!
This guy ranked around 8000th probably won't even realise how much he has ****** me over.
The most cursed day of fantasy I have ever had in a matchup, truly other-worldly.

In summary: Miles, Elliot and Lockhart all ton up for opponent, completely smash my premo trio of Cogs/Bray/Billings. He wins by 100 odd DESPITE HAVING BLOODY ANSWERTH AS CAPTAIN.

Wow, just wow..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you're out?

Need Danger + Telly + Atkins + Brouch to outscore Laird + Devon + Gibbons + 174 points.

Yes, I'm out.

Have just enough cash to trade Constable to Sloane, who would replace Atkins. Would give a glimmer of hope but will just make the defeat even more painful
You're an outside chance but will need a few things to go your way

Danger, Telly and Brouch could easily be 350 combined, then you'd want a 70 from Atkins, so 420 there

Smith and Laird 80s + Gibbons 50 + 174 = around 390

You will need your 3 premiums to go higher than his guys for starters then it's luck after that

You're an outside chance but will need a few things to go your way

Danger, Telly and Brouch could easily be 350 combined, then you'd want a 70 from Atkins, so 420 there

Smith and Laird 80s + Gibbons 50 + 174 = around 390

You will need your 3 premiums to go higher than his guys for starters then it's luck after that
Do I trade Constable to Sloane, who replaces Atkins on field? My overall rank is shot and eliminator is all I have left to play/live for. Sloane gives me a better chance but he isn't the premo I was targeting...he isn't the worst option though, at his price.

Do I trade Constable to Sloane, who replaces Atkins on field? My overall rank is shot and eliminator is all I have left to play/live for. Sloane gives me a better chance but he isn't the premo I was targeting...he isn't the worst option though, at his price.
You have 25 minutes, how is your opponent tracking with Gibbons?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back