EPL Matchday 10 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol at VAR not ******* around anymore with fine margins for offside goals (if your nose is in an offside position, it’s a goal this season) but then turning around and disallowing Rashford’s goal after the ball came off the defenders foot and “might have” graved Rashford’s elbow (which was across his own body) and then his chin. 😂

But that's the rule.

It's the rule. Doesn't even matter if it was deliberate or a natural position. If the ball touches your hand in the process of scoring or assisting a goal, its ruled out.

I don't think that he would have been able to control that if it didn't touch his arm either. Frustrating but fair outcome.

Not sure why everybody is piling in on TAA. I guess... narrative?

He had nothing to do with any of the goals. The first goal is on Tsimikas, in the first minute, he's in midfield for some reason, allowing a raft of space down the left, easy ball and suddenly Arsenal have numbers on a counter, VVD has to shuffle across followed by Matip, followed by Trent. Arsenal pass it from left to right as now we are overloaded on the left and Martinelli in tons of space with a relatively easy finish.

No idea what Tsimikas was doing, he's usually pretty disciplined but as soon as he was miles out it was a domino effect as one by one we had to cover. Virg to LB, Matip to LCB and TAA to RCB. Leaving us with no RB, hence Martinelli getting an easy one.

Second goal was ridiculous. It's 1-1 with a minute to go in the half. For some unknown reason we decide to use the FK we just got which is barely past half way and we load the box up with CBs. It's like the scenario in a knock out game and you're losing with minutes left, you just loft a long ball into the box and get everyone forward and hope for the best.

But it's 1-1 away from home 60 seconds from HT? Like just pass it sideways and around the back and get into HT level and reset. But for reasons unknown, we load up the box like we're losing the World Cup final with seconds to go. Of course it's an easy clearance that Arsenal mop up and all of a sudden its a massive break with like a 5 on 3. Wouldnt matter if we had Maldini back there it was always going to be a goal. Martinelli easily gonna beat Hendo for pace so TAA comes across, Martinelli cuts back inside and just passes across the box where Tsimikas is trying to defend three blokes and it's a tap in.

Worlds dumbest FK. No idea what we were thinking.

I think TAA was off when we gave away a pen so he had nothing to do with that. He rolled his ankle pretty badly in a coming together with Martinelli.

We werent very good, but none of it was directly Trents fault.

But I guess narrative right.

I did find it all a bit amusing how pumped up Arsenal was and how the commentators saying statement win and have arrived in the race etc etc

I mean they gotta try something with us fading. But lol, Arsenal arent in any race haha. City will win the league by about 20 points.

This just comes across as bitter because they beat Liverpool.

We celebrated a home draw against West Brom if you remember.
They are a team on the up, and there’s a feeling around Arsenal right now that anything is possible, why should people try and dampen that? The mentality of don’t celebrate anything because it might go **** up defeats the whole purpose of supporting a team.

Massive ‘mare on my part. I got upset by it as it was my club. We got the 3 points and that is what matters.

Nah all good, it's a weird rule that keeps changing. Didn't realise Moomba had already replied when I quoted you.

Not sure why everybody is piling in on TAA. I guess... narrative?

He had nothing to do with any of the goals. The first goal is on Tsimikas, in the first minute, he's in midfield for some reason, allowing a raft of space down the left, easy ball and suddenly Arsenal have numbers on a counter, VVD has to shuffle across followed by Matip, followed by Trent. Arsenal pass it from left to right as now we are overloaded on the left and Martinelli in tons of space with a relatively easy finish.

No idea what Tsimikas was doing, he's usually pretty disciplined but as soon as he was miles out it was a domino effect as one by one we had to cover. Virg to LB, Matip to LCB and TAA to RCB. Leaving us with no RB, hence Martinelli getting an easy one.

Second goal was ridiculous. It's 1-1 with a minute to go in the half. For some unknown reason we decide to use the FK we just got which is barely past half way and we load the box up with CBs. It's like the scenario in a knock out game and you're losing with minutes left, you just loft a long ball into the box and get everyone forward and hope for the best.

But it's 1-1 away from home 60 seconds from HT? Like just pass it sideways and around the back and get into HT level and reset. But for reasons unknown, we load up the box like we're losing the World Cup final with seconds to go. Of course it's an easy clearance that Arsenal mop up and all of a sudden its a massive break with like a 5 on 3. Wouldnt matter if we had Maldini back there it was always going to be a goal. Martinelli easily gonna beat Hendo for pace so TAA comes across, Martinelli cuts back inside and just passes across the box where Tsimikas is trying to defend three blokes and it's a tap in.

Worlds dumbest FK. No idea what we were thinking.

I think TAA was off when we gave away a pen so he had nothing to do with that. He rolled his ankle pretty badly in a coming together with Martinelli.

We werent very good, but none of it was directly Trents fault.

But I guess narrative right.
Goal 1 - going to say not his fault. Yes the ball beats him but he's marking two players really.

Goal 2 - Really, really poor. Hendo was corralling Martinelli and Trent then decides to storm over, only for him to run past the ball and make no impact whatsoever. Stupid defending.

Goal 3 - nothing to do with it.

Still think he's a really average defender. I think you'd be better off training him as a winger long term.

Goal 1 - going to say not his fault. Yes the ball beats him but he's marking two players really.

Goal 2 - Really, really poor. Hendo was corralling Martinelli and Trent then decides to storm over, only for him to run past the ball and make no impact whatsoever. Stupid defending.

Goal 3 - nothing to do with it.

Still think he's a really average defender. I think you'd be better off training him as a winger long term.
He probs makes the wrong call for the second goal but Martinelli is about to burst past Hendo with his pace so TAA I guess makes the decision to come across and cut off the pass or cross into the box. We were in massive trouble anyways as it was a 5 v 3 so Arsenal looked good money to score no matter what. He wasnt terrible in that game defensively at all but we still conceded three. We're not defended well as a team at all.

City next too. Yikes haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He probs makes the wrong call for the second goal but Martinelli is about to burst past Hendo with his pace so TAA I guess makes the decision to come across and cut off the pass or cross into the box. We were in massive trouble anyways as it was a 5 v 3 so Arsenal looked good money to score no matter what. He wasnt terrible in that game defensively at all but we still conceded three. We're not defended well as a team at all.

City next too. Yikes haha
Ironically Hendo was absolutely fine and didn't need the help. But once he'd decided to sprint towards him, the last thing he should've done was blast right past him. Just such a poor decision.

Do absolutely agree you're not defending well as a team. That doesn't help TAA of course.

The mentality of don’t celebrate anything because it might go **** up defeats the whole purpose of supporting a team.
Sadly had quite a few not wanting to enjoy September finals for this reason. A mindset I cannot understand.

Very soft penalty, but so was the Odegaard foul at Old Trafford that ruled the Martinelli goal out.

All in all despite a couple of calls going our way, I still felt we were deserving winners on the balance of play.

It's the rule. Doesn't even matter if it was deliberate or a natural position. If the ball touches your hand in the process of scoring or assisting a goal, its ruled out.

Actually, unless I am wrong, it is only called handball if the player whose hand got hit scores. Had Rashford rolled it across to Fernandes, the goal would have scored. Have been several instances of this so far this season.

Actually, unless I am wrong, it is only called handball if the player whose hand got hit scores. Had Rashford rolled it across to Fernandes, the goal would have scored. Have been several instances of this so far this season.

Yeah no issue with assisting.

It might be that now. When it first came in it was goal or assist but it may well have changed. It does ring a bell now you mention it.

Good to see Edouard getting on the end of some crosses and set pieces, now 2 in 2. Hopefully starting to come to grips with the EPL. Big man but still good with the ball at his feet and with his head.

Terrible 1st half from us, Leeds pressed hard and we looked nervous and lacking composure. Thankifully Leeds dropped off in the 2nd half and we were well worth the win in the end. Eze is all class, lovely taken goal, he will be worth a bucketload of £ one day.

Had an incredibly hard run of fixtures, confidence not high after last week's late loss so 3 points is massive, hopefully we can kick on as the fixtures open up.

that should definitely be ruled out. saw the rashford one just now and i dont think that would should be
If one is ruled out then they both should basically. That 2nd one was much more obvious. He almost seems to control it in to his own path with his hands. At least the Rashford one was basically a ricochet and couldnt be helped. Just consistency, is it too much to ask?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back