Premier Lg EPL Matchday 33 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't have the confidence in our run home as others, mainly the away games.

Seen us drop points in the past 12 months away to Brighton and Forest. Don't see either of them as a gimme, especially if Forest is in a relegation scrap.

And the less said about Spurs the better.
Stop it. Spurs away is the only slight possibility of dropping points.

Arsenal and Liverpool will have to go perfect. Cant see it IMO.

It does if you don't win the league.

You bottled it last season, did that still make you feel all warm and fuzzy afterwards?

All that matters now is the next 7 games.

Aren't we just talking about their chances against Villa?

I find the “bottled it” concept interesting. Were Arsenal the only ones to bottle it because they were in contention with a month left, but everyone else’s failure is OK because they never had a genuine chance? Why didn’t Liverpool bottle it by only winning 4 of their first 14? Or had they not crossed the “bottle” threshold?

I find the “bottled it” concept interesting. Were Arsenal the only ones to bottle it because they were in contention with a month left, but everyone else’s failure is OK because they never had a genuine chance? Why didn’t Liverpool bottle it by only winning 4 of their first 14? Or had they not crossed the “bottle” threshold?
Anyone who loses automatically bottled it these days. There's the Liverpool fan who said they bottled the title and champs league final ffs lol 😂

Aren't we just talking about their chances against Villa?
I was initially.

I don't see these games as straightforward though. Intangibles come into play once the season starts to tighten. Arsenal choked last year, until I see otherwise, I expect similar will happen.

It may not be Villa but I suspect they'll drop points in a fixture where they're completely unexpected to.

Of course, this is all just my opinion and it counts for nothing.

I was initially.

I don't see these games as straightforward though. Intangibles come into play once the season starts to tighten. Arsenal choked last year, until I see otherwise, I expect similar will happen.

It may not be Villa but I suspect they'll drop points in a fixture where they're completely unexpected to.

Of course, this is all just my opinion and it counts for nothing.

Well of course almost every team in every league will drop points at some point where they're not expected to haha that's not a revolutionary take. Just think that Villa are fatiguing and dropping off so expecting them to be the ones to do it doesn't quite make sense to me.

Well of course almost every team in every league will drop points at some point where they're not expected to haha that's not a revolutionary take. Just think that Villa are fatiguing and dropping off so expecting them to be the ones to do it doesn't quite make sense to me.
That's alright, it doesn't need to :)

On paper yes it does seem a good time to host Villa at The Emirates. Luiz is amongst their absentees and yes they are flagging lately, comparative to Arsenal’s form. They have a European fixture Friday morning to contend with as well.

However Arsenal have a huge tie upcoming tomorrow morning vs Bayern, with the Villa match wedged between this and the second leg. I understand the questions marks over Arsenal being able to handle the pressure of a title race (which is difficult enough in and of itself against City and Liverpool), whilst also handling the quarter finals of the CL.

Arsenal haven’t achieved that before. And the questions will linger until they do.

There are lots of intangibles to this as highlighted by Jatz. For example, IF Arsenal advance and so do City, then all of a sudden there’s a CL semi final tie between Arsenal and City to balance between the remaining league fixtures.

I’d imagine that’s a good prospect from a Liverpool perspective. To have your two other contenders going head to head over 180+ minutes in a European semi final, the expending of that energy across the tie. Does that affect league form and perhaps tilt it back in favour of Liverpool? Its an intangible that’s difficult to measure.

When you lead the league for 248 days and don't win that probably satisfies the bottle job criteria.

Barring being 2-0 up with minutes to play and losing on the last day to lose the title I don't think any of the 3 can have such issues this campaign.

If all three teams win all their games from here how can it possibly be a bottle job for the two that missed out? Bottle means who’ve been miles in front and lose out. Doesn’t apply here as been close all season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If all three teams win all their games from here how can it possibly be a bottle job for the two that missed out? Bottle means who’ve been miles in front and lose out. Doesn’t apply here as been close all season
Also needs a rant, something on this level

love it GIF

If Everton go down, they will just come straight back up anyways, I dont know what they are worried about.

There's no guarantee of that. The Championship is very competitive.

Everton could become a club that bounces up and down. Or like former PL winner, Blackburn, be closer to relegation than promotion back into to the top flight.

There's no guarantee of that. The Championship is very competitive.

Everton could become a club that bounces up and down. Or like former PL winner, Blackburn, be closer to relegation than promotion back into to the top flight.

Pretty obviously different scenarios, even you should be able to grasp that.

Sorry, where did anyone suggest the other two clubs would've bottled it this season?

The original comment was that Arsenal bottled it last season.
Bit of a stupid thing to say though. Arsenal could win the premier league with close to the same points tally as last season.

Bit of a stupid thing to say though. Arsenal could win the premier league with close to the same points tally as last season.
They had an 8 point lead after they beat Leeds on April 1st.

They then went on to draw the next 3 games. In two of them they were up 2-0 and didn't win. One of those games was against bottom of the table Southampton.

Sorry, they absolutely choked/bottled/shat themselves when they had the chance to win the title.

They had an 8 point lead after they beat Leeds on April 1st.

They then went on to draw the next 3 games. In two of them they were up 2-0 and didn't win. One of those games was against bottom of the table Southampton.

Sorry, they absolutely choked/bottled/shat themselves when they had the chance to win the title.
Top shelf non troll analysis
They never had a true 8 point lead either. It was 5 points when the games were evened up.
Doesn't suit that narrative though.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back