EPL Matchday 36

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see Pool fans straight on the defensive. They’ve had an incredible season and it has been 30 years so you’d probably take any title regardless of how it came.

But I know if that was Chelsea I’d be disappointed we didn’t take everyone to the cleaners. The professionalism dropped off after they won the title and would probably have achieved more if there was someone right on their tail. A title in front of no one, bundled out in the CL, missing out on the invincible tag and now the points record. All of which were big possibilities (if not guaranteed) not so long ago. After the start they had and how good they were looking it feels like a bit of a waste. Could wipe that away pretty quickly by doing it all again next year though.

I haven’t watched a game since we won the title. I have mentally checked out so I can’t really get upset if the players have as well.

There has to be some level of discipline though and I can’t say I ever felt like Liverpool would score after we went in front

Liverpool had all the possession in the second half and a few good chances but Arsenal defended well. The Arsenal tactics looked more like a mid to lower EPL team trying to sneak a draw rather than a top 4 challenger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liverpool had all the possession in the second half and a few good chances but Arsenal defended well. The Arsenal tactics looked more like a mid to lower EPL team trying to sneak a draw rather than a top 4 challenger.

And it takes a lot of effort to continually defend all game. It’s arguably harder physically to do. Shearer, McManaman and even Allison said Arsenal deserved the points. Sometimes you got to win games in unattractive ways and means. It doesn’t mean you don’t deserve the win.

That’s like United supporters saying that we won the quadruple in the 2008-09 season. We wouldn’t say that because we are not Barcelona.

Obviously some trophies are worth more than others. I’d argue being champions of the world for the first time in our history is worth more to me than a potential 9th carabao cup for example, (before anyone asks why I even have to choose between the 2, it’s because of poor scheduling forcing us to effectively be kicked out of one of the comps) and the former was a very rare opportunity that we couldn’t pass up.

Bradesmaen watching VVD gift Lacazette that goal...

tenor.gif

Sort of agree but any European club that enters it should win it. The fact the Super Cup is part of the 3 deserves to be sneezed at though
The Super Cup definitely holds less prestige.

Nice to win as it's a trophy, but I'd say it's not something that will be brought up in 20 years etc

If we're being brutally honest the only two that count to big clubs these days are the league and champions league. We're at the stage now where even the FA Cup has lost all prestige. When Arsenal were winning it every year they still were hounding Wenger out, which they wouldn't have been doing if they were winning the league or champions league that regularly.

Winning the league and champions league in the same season is a true sign of greatness but winning them both over two seasons is more than fine with me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back