Premier Lg EPL Matchday 37 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be annoyed if City dont win it. As title races goes, this has been light. We had 97 and 92 points in two different seasons and still didnt win the league. If City choke now ugh... annoying.
Arsenal could finish on 89 points, a whopping 3 points behind your 92 point season.

As title races go, having 3 competing for as long as they did was actually great.

But it would be classic Spurs to pull out a random elite performance like we had against Villa and haven't had before that since November and win or draw tomorrow. And then somehow get spanked by Sheffield United
You weren’t that good against Villa despite the scoreline. Villa looked better before the goal and you pretty much scored with every chance you had.

Also calling out some hypocrisy from Ange in going out there in every game doing everything he can to help us win each game. With no European football, he chose to rest a number of key players for the Carabao Cup 3rd round against Fulham. Did he give us the absolute best chance to win that game and win a trophy this season?

Also calling out some hypocrisy from Ange in going out there in every game doing everything he can to help us win each game. With no European football, he chose to rest a number of key players for the Carabao Cup 3rd round against Fulham. Did he give us the absolute best chance to win that game and win a trophy this season?

He can't exactly come out in public and say he is going to tank the game. At Celtic he said they were playing to win the Conference League and then rested half the team on the away leg. That is why I said wait until you see the team he picks. He'd be well within his rights to say that playing 3 games in a week is too much for Maddison or VDV or whoever else has had a lot of injury issues throughout the year. Then if anyone accuses him of tanking he can just refer back to his comments earlier in the week. It's always the long game with Ange.

He can't exactly come out in public and say he is going to tank the game. At Celtic he said they were playing to win the Conference League and then rested half the team on the away leg. That is why I said wait until you see the team he picks. He'd be well within his rights to say that playing 3 games in a week is too much for Maddison or VDV or whoever else has had a lot of injury issues throughout the year. Then if anyone accuses him of tanking he can just refer back to his comments earlier in the week. It's always the long game with Ange.
Yeah that's been my view on it all along. Don't need to be starting players for those 3 games in a row. And risk a few that have had injury records like VDV, Maddison and Bentancur.

Vicario
Emerson Romero Dragusin Skipp
Sarr Hojberg Lo Celso
Johnson Scarlett Son

He "tanked" harder with his selection for the cup against Fulham. We started Sanchez, Forster, Emerson, Skipp, Hojberg and Davies that day in place of many fit first choice players.

Yeah that's been my view on it all along. Don't need to be starting players for those 3 games in a row. And risk a few that have had injury records like VDV, Maddison and Bentancur.

Vicario
Emerson Romero Dragusin Skipp
Sarr Hojberg Lo Celso
Johnson Scarlett Son

He "tanked" harder with his selection for the cup against Fulham. We started Sanchez, Forster, Emerson, Skipp, Hojberg and Davies that day in place of many fit first choice players.
Fulham rested quite a few as well. So did many teams. It’s the Carabou Cup! Weeks later you got a ton of injuries ..may have been worse with extra game ..who knows.

When Ange was at Hellas, would he have gone in as hard to win a ball if it meant Melbourne Knights would win the title? I doubt it.

An entertaining 6-4 or 4-3 is the best we can realistically hope for with our side. I'm not one who wants a complete roll-over. An entertaining loss is basically all we've become accustomed to hoping for in the 2nd half of the season of Angeball. Don't want a s**t loss like Newcastle and Chelsea
Let’s just hope Man City turn up and roll us over 5-0. I’ll genuinally stop following Spurs if we hand the title to Arsenal tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No chance Spurs players or fans will be anything but desperate for a win come kick off in a few hours (eek).

Good for a laugh beforehand saying you want City to win, good for a laugh after if we do win and you can say that you cost Arsenal a title. But from second 1 to the final second, everyone at Spurs will be wanting a result for Spurs.

Have been in a similar situation before (can't remember the curcumstances), in the long run you can't barrack against your own team.

Fulham rested quite a few as well. So did many teams. It’s the Carabou Cup! Weeks later you got a ton of injuries ..may have been worse with extra game ..who knows.
But Ange claimed its all about trophies and giving us the best shot to win them. Playing Fraser Forster and Davinson Sanchez contradicts that massively

Remove this Banner Ad

Back