Premier Lg EPL Matchday 37 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

They are all being quite vague. As previous managers Mourinho and Conte could be specific about what is wrong at Spurs but they didn't.

What did Ange mean "the foundations are really fragile” and “it's inside the club”? Are they making these insinuations to deflect from their lack of success?

You would need to ask Ange. As I’m sure he will be next press conference. If this past week has been any indicator on what he’s referencing, they’re even more obsessed about Arsenal than even I thought. And that’s saying something. Wowsers.

Last edited:
You would need to ask Ange. As I’m sure he will be next press conference. If this past week has been any indicator on what he’s referencing, they’re even more headf**ked about Arsenal than even I thought. And that’s saying something. Wowsers.

Will Tottenham supporters continue this next season as well? You know City and Arsenal will be contending for the title again. So would Spurs supporters want City to beat them home and away next season, since those 6 points could make all the difference.

If roles were reversed Arsenal fans would be exactly the same. Let’s not forget they cared more about Liverpool beating Spurs in the champions league final than their own Europa League final against Chelsea.

The actively cheering City goals and that fan berating Ange about throwing the game is a bit pathetic, but I have a lot of sympathy for what a difficult position Spurs fans were in and I know it would be the same with just about every club in the league. Hating your rivals just as much as you love your own team is part of European football culture, it just is. Maybe it’s a bit harder to understand for us on the other side of the world but it’s not unique to Spurs.

Will Tottenham supporters continue this next season as well? You know City and Arsenal will be contending for the title again. So would Spurs supporters want City to beat them home and away next season, since those 6 points could make all the difference.

That’s the kind of hypothetical that I would have no idea about, you would need to pose that question to a Spurs fan :D

You would need to ask Ange. As I’m sure he will be next press conference. If this past week has been any indicator on what he’s referencing, they’re even more obsessed about Arsenal than even I thought. And that’s saying something. Wowsers.
From the club that’s actually invented a day to celebrate when spurs could no longer finish above them regardless of where they were on the table.

Not to mention celebrating like they won the league when they overtook us for 2nd on the final day in Leicesters year.

Short memories…

From the club that’s actually invented a day to celebrate when spurs could no longer finish above them regardless of where they were on the table. Short memories…

From the club whose fans are yelling and arguing at their own manager in the dugout to throw a match whilst he is trying to generate a long overdue cultural shift at the club, gold :D

From the club whose fans are yelling and arguing at their own manager in the dugout to throw a match whilst he is trying to generate a long overdue cultural shift at the club, gold :D
Created an actual day in St Totteringhams day. How obsessed do you need to be with a rival to do that

It’s actually comical how the script is trying to be flipped that all we care about is Arsenal. Of course that was true yesterday 😀

Created an actual day in St Totteringhams day. How obsessed do you need to be with a rival to do that

It’s actually comical how the script is trying to be flipped that all we care about is Arsenal. Of course that was true yesterday 😀

This is great stuff. So you’ve moved on from yesterdays teachings of which trophies count or not, to today being about St Totteringhams Day. Looking forward to tomorrow’s instalment! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holy hat, we could nick fifth spot from Spurs!

I’ve only just checked the table, holy moly that’s a genuine possibility. Can only imagine the reactions if so haha :D Quite an impressive string of form from Chelsea since the Arsenal match, didn’t see that coming.

If roles were reversed Arsenal fans would be exactly the same. Let’s not forget they cared more about Liverpool beating Spurs in the champions league final than their own Europa League final against Chelsea.

The actively cheering City goals and that fan berating Ange about throwing the game is a bit pathetic, but I have a lot of sympathy for what a difficult position Spurs fans were in and I know it would be the same with just about every club in the league. Hating your rivals just as much as you love your own team is part of European football culture, it just is. Maybe it’s a bit harder to understand for us on the other side of the world but it’s not unique to Spurs.

Nah that's an entirely different scenario. Wanting your own side to lose at your own expense just to potentially harm your rival (not even guarantee it) is pathetically small time. I can't imagine Liverpool fans hoping to miss the Top 4 just to relegate Everton or something like that.

Nah that's an entirely different scenario. Wanting your own side to lose at your own expense just to potentially harm your rival (not even guarantee it) is pathetically small time. I can't imagine Liverpool fans hoping to miss the Top 4 just to relegate Everton or something like that.

I remember many years ago a situation where we played Chelsea and getting a result would of meant United won the title, or put them in the box seat at least.

I can’t remember if we had anything to play for but I recall the overriding feeling being that the fans would prefer to lose. It was not as blatant as with Spurs but there was definitely that vibe. I think Gerrard ended up setting up a Chelsea goal which got the conspiracy theorists going.

I remember many years ago a situation where we played Chelsea and getting a result would of meant United won the title, or put them in the box seat at least.

I can’t remember if we had anything to play for but I recall the overriding feeling being that the fans would prefer to lose. It was not as blatant as with Spurs but there was definitely that vibe. I think Gerrard ended up setting up a Chelsea goal which got the conspiracy theorists going.
He's done that a few times, seemingly with titles on the line :sweatsmile::tearsofjoy:

That's a more decent comparison, I do remember that game. Was that under Hodgson or Benitez? It feels like it was just about that long ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back