Premier Lg EPL Matchday 9 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Timber was brought in to provide cover across the backline. It's your opinion that he is ahead of White. I'd argue White at RB is so integral to Arsenal's play they needed cover to continue using him there.

Yes Timber was acquired to play across the defensive positions, he can play at either fullback or centre half. I never got the sense he was “ahead” of White. He was signed to strengthen that entire area of the squad and to mitigate what happened last season when Saliba and Tomiyasu both had season ending injuries in the same match.

Not in so many words

This type if s**t is not called for. I don't agree with you that a player is as good as you say and all of the sudden I have a "s**t list". It's basically code for shut up, you're wrong. Disgraceful.

Disgraceful to call you out for repeatedly going after the same players? Grow up.

Spurs certainly do look a better team for not having Kane. They're working harder, they have more cohesion as a team, and Son, who has always been a pretty good finisher, has upped his game.

Richarlison seems to be half a second off most of the time I've seen him this season, can imagine how good the Spurs will be if he can start getting it together.

Richarlison seems to be half a second off most of the time I've seen him this season, can imagine how good the Spurs will be if he can start getting it together.
He was great in the 1st half. 2nd half was awful like most of the team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spurs certainly do look a better team for not having Kane. They're working harder, they have more cohesion as a team, and Son, who has always been a pretty good finisher, has upped his game.

Definitely true. I actually said this many times that Kane being sold was a good idea for Spurs. Kane's a lethal finisher. Was never suited to angeball pressing non stop all game. It has worked out for all parties - Spurs got good money for Kane with his best years behind him before his contract expires while improving their team at the same time. Kane gets a chance to compete at a world class club in Bayern and will probably win multiple trophies. Spurs don't see him go to another PL rival.

It's one of the few transfers where all parties are a winner.

They look better for having a new manager, not because they don’t have Kane.

They look better for having a new manager, not because they don’t have Kane.

They (Spurs) seem better off attacking wise not being so Kane-centric focused.

Can see him returning to Spurs in a couple of years and finish his career at Tottenham. Hopefully Ange is still there by then

Can see him returning to Spurs in a couple of years and finish his career at Tottenham. Hopefully Ange is still there by then

They seem better attacking wise because they have a manager who knows how to set up a functioning attack. Kane would be banging them in if he was still at Spurs and he’d be working just as hard as the rest of the team.

They seem better attacking wise because they have a manager who knows how to set up a functioning attack. Kane would be banging them in if he was still at Spurs and he’d be working just as hard as the rest of the team.
Yeah, attacking with just 3 players while the other 8 sit back and watch wasn’t a functioning system. Also helps that the ball doesn't now spend 75% of the time around our box so we are even conceding less as well as having a functional attack

Not in so many words

This type if s**t is not called for. I don't agree with you that a player is as good as you say and all of the sudden I have a "s**t list". It's basically code for shut up, you're wrong. Disgraceful.

Not sure if serious. Once you name a player to your Bradeslist, they stay on it forever regardless of form, even Everton players. You never fail to chirp in a mention of them if they make a mistake but overlook any good games.

Harry's last match was a preseason friendly against experienced UCL side Shakhtar Donetsk, who had already started their season, and he scored 4 times.

Harry wouldn't press as well ad our front 3 are currently

But ange isn't so rigid that he couldn't use Kane in another way and have the team still utilise him effectively. Just not sure the team would be 7-2-0 right now, but I'm sure Kane would have scored at least 8.

The way we defend from the front, plus having a confident GK makes our defensive job so much easier. 4 clean sheets in 9 is some effort

Remove this Banner Ad

Back