Essendon are now the one to watch out for - They can win the premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing I'll point out before everyone gets too excited, the OP hasn't specified what year.

Carlton were April premiers and the Bombers getting their chance in May. Can't wait to see who it is in June.

I told the Yoda bloke a year ago that Essendon were looking good - around the time he was pulling his hair out and gone all doggy..facts are that Scott has found a real player in Durham as mid , seen Martin improve to a high quality week in week out player, got Stringer playing in best form, Got Ben Mckay playing career best football and making the backline look very solid - seeing Merrwett/Parish and the HBFer playing really strong football and got Langdon playing really well...oh not to forget Jone's improving every week...

lost of reasons to excited about Essenodn going forward - and taking Goldstein (who is doing a great job) Heppell out the list is young enough to have a lot of development and upside..

Why cant they win a Premiership - closest season with week to week changes in top 8 with a relatively comfortable draw ...

I told the Yoda bloke a year ago that Essendon were looking good - around the time he was pulling his hair out and gone all doggy..facts are that Scott has found a real player in Durham as mid , seen Martin improve to a high quality week in week out player, got Stringer playing in best form, Got Ben Mckay playing career best football and making the backline look very solid - seeing Merrwett/Parish and the HBFer playing really strong football and got Langdon playing really well...oh not to forget Jone's improving every week...

lost of reasons to excited about Essenodn going forward - and taking Goldstein (who is doing a great job) Heppell out the list is young enough to have a lot of development and upside..

Why cant they win a Premiership - closest season with week to week changes in top 8 with a relatively comfortable draw ...
Gutless you couldn’t even tag me

Let’s stop pretending we are flying. We could have lost to Adelaide after a 50:50 call,

we could have lost to the Hawks as they keep telling me they were the better side,

the Eagles were combative on there home deck and we just got home.

We beat an unheralded North side easily but alas some were disappointed, I just wanted the win without injuries so ✅

The “big” wins against Dogs (outside the 8), Saints (outside the 8 and fallen off a cliff), show a 50:50 game went our way, ditto the Giants who have lost 3/4 now and fallen in a heap.

The “big” win was the draw against an upward trajectory Collingwood, which again, could have gone either way.

Would you be beating your chest if we were 3 - 7? No, id safely, safely assume you would be digging your boots in.

Appreciate the deflection considering how well the Blues are going but the reverse psychology ain’t happening with me. My posts in pre season were full of us being a (possible) bottom 4-6 team. We could be there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gutless you couldn’t even tag me

Let’s stop pretending we are flying. We could have lost to Adelaide after a 50:50 call,

we could have lost to the Hawks as they keep telling me they were the better side,

the Eagles were combative on there home deck and we just got home.

We beat an unheralded North side easily but alas some were disappointed, I just wanted the win without injuries so ✅

The “big” wins against Dogs (outside the 8), Saints (outside the 8 and fallen off a cliff), show a 50:50 game went our way, ditto the Giants who have lost 3/4 now and fallen in a heap.

The “big” win was the draw against an upward trajectory Collingwood, which again, could have gone either way.

Would you be beating your chest if we were 3 - 7? No, id safely, safely assume you would be digging your boots in.

Appreciate the deflection considering how well the Blues are going but the reverse psychology ain’t happening with me. My posts in pre season were full of us being a (possible) bottom 4-6 team. We could be there

You shouldn't confuse a genuine opinion with the usual trolling that is this site.

I think Essendon are playing very good football and getting better every week - can they win a premiership this year...who knows one thing is certain the difference between about ten teams right now is injury and not much else on any day...

Is Essendon on the right trajectory -pretty obvious they are.

What is certain at this point is the no finals wins since 2004 streak is over.

They couldn’t possibly miss top 4 from here. No chance. Can’t happen.

And there’s no way possible they would do a Port/Melbourne and go out in straight sets.

I’m refinancing my assets today to go all in on Essendon.

And there’s no way possible they would do a Port/Melbourne and go out in straight sets.

The subtle trolling didn't get you enough attention?

Interesting time to change tactic.

Any side that reaches second on the ladder this far into the season can win the premiership. I don't think Essendon will, but look at what's happening to the teams around them (except Sydney). GWS, Geelong, Melbourne, GWS and Carlton have all lost games they should have won and have shown vulnerability.

The flag is the Bombers to lose. Its hard to see anyone matching them once the heat gets dialled up in finals. I can see them doing a 3 peat

The flag is the Bombers to lose. Its hard to see anyone matching them once the heat gets dialled up in finals. I can see them doing a 3 peat
Michael Richards Yes GIF

Swans win over the bombers was an AFL plot, it’s clear that the Bombers are the team to beat.

I see what you're doing.

Ohhh just imagine if good ol Kruezipants here was right. It would be so epic!

• All that pressure and hoodoo of 7000+ days of no finals lifted.
  • Dodoro's godliness realised.
  • Brad Scott thanked then immediately booted out allowing Hirdy to be reinstated with FULL control of ALL football departments.
  • Every Victorian newborn child allocated an EFC membership with matching black and red tattooed serial numbers
  • The whole of Uluru to be carved into a bust of Kevin Sheedy...
  • 6 more straight flags under Hirdy 🙏
I'm on the èdge of my seat...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back