Essendon Offseason 2013 - Annual Gumbleton Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

The dons are demanding a pick between 13-17 and the Crameri camp have no issues of walking to the PSD if Essendon continue to be difficult.

We've put a price out there: 13-17 and if they can meet it we will trade. Not that difficult at all really. We'll continue our attempts to re-sign him and either we'll fail and Crameri will head into the PSD or WB will come back with a better offer to deter Saints/GWS.

We've put a price out there: 13-17 and if they can meet it we will trade. Not that difficult at all really. We'll continue our attempts to re-sign him and either we'll fail and Crameri will head into the PSD or WB will come back with a better offer to deter Saints/GWS.

Do you think they would draft a guy who hasn't let them give a medical to?

Huge gamble at 2mil over 4.

Do you think they would draft a guy who hasn't let them give a medical to?

Huge gamble at 2mil over 4.

Haven't seen him state he wouldn't do medicals anywhere else, and if you guys are willing to do it I'd assume they would be smart enough to connect the dots that he passed yours.

I can't name a player that ended up getting drafted to a club he did not want to play for. Would be a waste of money, time and a draft pick.

Who has said he wouldn't play for another club, he's asked for a trade to a certain club just like Clarke and Tippett did. A lot can happen in trade week.

Haven't seen him state he wouldn't do medicals anywhere else, and if you guys are willing to do it I'd assume they would be smart enough to connect the dots that he passed yours.

Haven't seen him state that he'd be happy to go anywhere other than the Bulldogs either. A players intentions are something that need to be considered when taking the risk of him going into the PSD. They're not chattel.

I never understand why some clubs prefer a Pyrrhic victory and send a player into the PSD over what most would consider a reasonable trade.

I never understand why some clubs prefer a Pyrrhic victory and send a player into the PSD over what most would consider a reasonable trade.

If a players intentions mean the club gets screwed over, they take a back seat when it comes to priorities.

They wouldn't care what 'most' think, they will do it if they consider it a reasonable trade.

Looks like it may be a Luke Ball/Ben Jacobs deal.

No need for stress in the PSD where teams dont really value picks, just take it to the national draft.

Not a hope in hell a team would use a pick higher than 22 for him on draft day with all the bright shiny kids on offer.

Pick 22 Western Bulldogs - Stewart Crameri

Its as easy as that, both Ball and Jacobs got where they wanted to be for the picks rejected by their clubs.

Only 1 possible loser can emerge from this.

Spot on. Would be the best outcome, really. Bulldogs have to spend the pick and Essendon get nothing. Of course we know that after crying and bleating for 3 weeks (no doubt with threats of Supreme Court action too) Essendon will quietly roll over and take the deal. In the meantime they will have distracted themselves from many other potential opportunities. It's the Essendon way and has seen them languish as nonentities for over a decade.

Crameri has chosen Footscray/B.McCartney.

He will play for them next year.

Essendon will take #22 or get diddly squat and PSD it it will be.

Everyone in the AFL is overly aware of Essendon's penchant for posturing and dwelling on the own imagined importance...and it does them no favors.

#22 for an unsigned, wantaway Stewart Crameri is more than fair compensation anyway.

Essendon bubble is out of control.
Oh right. So something like a 3 way deal is utterly impossible is it? Well, shame Essendon shame. Forget about negotiating or talking to the market or using any of the actual allotted time, just drop the pants and be thankful for getting anything.

Damn bubble

Oh right. So something like a 3 way deal is utterly impossible is it? Well, shame Essendon shame. Forget about negotiating or talking to the market or using any of the actual allotted time, just drop the pants and be thankful for getting anything.

Damn bubble

You don't get trading Lance. You gotta charge in and get what you need immediately.

"We want Brock McLean! Now! Here, have our first round pick! Done! Would you like anything else??"

Oh right. So something like a 3 way deal is utterly impossible is it?

And there's the rub.

It's really not that difficult to understand.

Essendon actually have targets in this trade period. Shaw has been mentioned, as has Dal Santo. There'd be others.

With no low draft picks there's very little currency.

Yet we have a pretty decent player who wants out: there's some currency.

If Essendon identify a target who wants in, what's a bet they end up in a room with the Dogs and us to get a deal done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn bubble

What if your posturing ends up with him walking into the PSD. Day 1 pick 22 could end up an embarrassing miss.

Damn bubble

3 way deal could work, though if the reports are true that Essendon are refusing to talk to the Dogs, then that makes it hard to negotiate.

Don't really need to. Dogs want Crameri. They value him at 22.

They'll go work on other deals then get back to it when required. Long way to go.

Seems petulant to me by Essendon, the Dogs should but a deadline of their offer IMO.

I read this on Twitter the other day, along the lines of:

"Since 2006 all clubs have made 9+ trades, except Essendon who have made 6. Same story every year, notoriously bad to deal with."

Nobody wants to go to Essendon, and then they play hardball. Give 'em nothing Doggies!

I read this on Twitter the other day, along the lines of:

"Since 2006 all clubs have made 9+ trades, except Essendon who have made 6. Same story every year, notoriously bad to deal with."

Nobody wants to go to Essendon, and then they play hardball. Give 'em nothing Doggies!

So what?

All that says is Essendon value their own players and rarely trade them.

I think most of us are pretty happy with where our list is at right now, so why would we be critical of the approach? You don't trade just for the hell of it.

Well if they want to do that they can. If they have other plans for pick 22, I'm sure the will.

Other plans would be just use it in the draft you'd think?

Dogs have salary cap space to front load a contract and an early PSD pick to make it a good chance he'd still be there by then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon Offseason 2013 - Annual Gumbleton Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back