Essendon vow enough is enough

Remove this Banner Ad

is it just me, or does it always seem to be EFC talkng this 'enough is enough' language, was that Jobe W. just before garbling something about Merret's captancy bringing out his nastiness?

old school themes compared to the vulnerability/togetherness stuff that have been the mantra of most recent premiership teams.

doing way better than I expected against Sydney though.

Pretty good performance last night all things considered. Very competitive on the road against what looks like one of the better sides.

Nothing much to the Wright incident and not sure why anyone would think it’s part of something bigger. It was a footy collision but hardly premeditated. He’ll get suspended because that’s how the game works these days but he was just protecting himself rather than trying to whack somebody.

This macho stuff is pretty cringe when you get run over.

And even more pathetic when the opponent goes “yeah, we knew they were going to come out and act tough, but we also knew they couldn’t sustain it and we can”.

Got alpha’d pretty hard last night.

Maybe need to learn to speak with their actions rather than just announcing “we are really scary and hard” then rolling over.

This “Essendon Edge” stuff is embarrassing and is fake toughness that achieves nothing.

Nothing fake about it.

Scott just wants more intensity and aggressive effort at the ball.

So
Settle down with your fake tough internet posting …mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So their edge is a cheap shot before crumbling to being what we all expect?

Cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Clearly wasn’t a cheap shot. Had eyes for the ball and was jumping for it and didn’t see the playing coming in from an angle until last moment and he braced instinctively.

Think we just ran out of legs in last quarter and couldn’t keep up with Sydney’s fitness.

This macho stuff is pretty cringe when you get run over.

And even more pathetic when the opponent goes “yeah, we knew they were going to come out and act tough, but we also knew they couldn’t sustain it and we can”.

Got alpha’d pretty hard last night.

Maybe need to learn to speak with their actions rather than just announcing “we are really scary and hard” then rolling over.
After all the ‘nice guy’ football we’ve played over the last ten years it is good to see us having an attitude of contest intensity. We were right in this game and matched it with your mob for the most part. We fell short which is a testament to the Swans culture of doing this for 20 years. If you were in our shoes you’d be stoked with the change in intensity. There was nothing done by our players that had malicious intent as much as you’d all like to jump up and down about Wright’s marking attempt. He’s a gentle giant and it’s not in his make-up to deliberately take someone out. The vagaries of our game’s MRO rules vs instinct is where the issue is there. I find it all very amusing that Swans fans are getting their noses out of joint because we dared to be more physical. Comes across as being a bit sensitive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back