Ex Suns player Joel Wilkinson wants Gillon McLachlan sacked for failure on racial issues

Remove this Banner Ad

Too concerned in career self-preservation to make any decisions which might offend his Victorian boys' club.

Disgrace that a guy this weak-willed and self-serving has been in charge this long.

Sack him

I do like the Gil must be sacked bit...or resign, I don't care as long as he goes
Gils done a pretty good ******* job through an unprecedented crisis

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

If he has a case and wants to go off publicly, then he needs to provide evidence for his claims.

I'm sure everyone calling him a whinger and a sook would acknowledge it if Wilkinson came out with hard evidence of being mistreated based on race.

But until that time, threats and tweets aren't enough. Either go through a lawyer if you don't want to provide evidence publicly or provide it.

“You will resign, we’ll be making sure that happens”.

He loses all credibility with this cancel culture non-sense. If his cause was true he would want cultural change, better conditions and treatment for future players of colour and better cultural awareness across the league to name a few things.

Hard to comment on the validity of his claims without a full and impartial investigation (hope that occurs), but going down this path and making those comments makes him come across as a self indulgent, self righteous and virtue signalling w***er.

Hit Wikipedia to remind myself who he was and without a shadow of a doubt, he maintains this himself.

“Known as one of the best pound for pound athletes, he holds numerous records at the AFL combine, including the 20 meter sprint and repeat 30 meters sprint test.”

“Wilkinson set many fitness records while at the Gold Coast Suns. Despite only being 186 cm, 86 kg and 21-years-old at the time, he set a bench press record of 160 kg (352 lbs) for three repetitions in 2013.”

It’s quite extensive for a 26 game player :p
Seems like Wilko and Gil can find some common ground over their shared hobby of Wiki-editing.

If he has a case and wants to go off publicly, then he needs to provide evidence for his claims.

I'm sure everyone calling him a whinger and a sook would acknowledge it if Wilkinson came out with hard evidence of being mistreated based on race.

But until that time, threats and tweets aren't enough. Either go through a lawyer if you don't want to provide evidence publicly or provide it.
He currently is/Was preparing to sue the AFL since 2018

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“You will resign, we’ll be making sure that happens”.

Great Joel Wilkinson, I'm sure everybody is going to listen to you.

If he doesn't have overwhelming evidence to back up his claims, I hope he is sued for a lot of money.
These accusations can ruin peoples lives.

He won't be sued. If anything he'll get a payout and be asked to go away. It's just where we are.

It's ultimately unfortunate when some people can simply call out others as racist and demand...demand...a sacking...yet still be seen as good people.
It's very vindictive and even somewhat evil.

What happened to going to the person directly rather than through the media?

No credibility at all. At least attempt to approach Gil directly before airing it all . Childish

Remove this Banner Ad

Back