Extra man on the ground

Remove this Banner Ad

You are actually wrong on that one. Gilligan will lose his job eventually due to his support for StKilda and his refusal to turn the blowtorch on them for their poor financial management. It is something the AFL Commission is highly concerned about.
I hope you're right!

The media are fobbing this off. It’s blatant ****ing cheating!! Laidler should be banned from footy, and if he was directed by the coaching staff to do it then they should get banned as well.

If Steven Hocking had the gumption of Robert Mueller, he would threaten Laidler with a lifetime ban, and then offer him immunity if he offered up evidence against his superiors.

Thank you Horse Longmire for my afternoon chuckle at your lame ass excuse presser, and the immediate announcement on SEN after playing it that Steve Hocking is still investigating and wants a please explain, comedy gold.
That was some A Grade bulltish from a bloke who I once had some respect for.

Reeks of the AFL having to be seen as taking action because the media spoke up.

If there is 18 instances of it happening they should all be queried and it should be stopped.

If there are 18 instances every week of Runners remaining on the ground for two and a half minutes coaching their team and guarding space AFTER all clubs were told to stop doing it, then Steven Hocking is being treated like a joke by the coaches and needs to be replaced.

There is no doubt that an umpire should have blown the whistle, paid a free kick to us plus 50 metres and we may have drawn level.

But having said that I didn't see anything in that video that suggested we were impeded by the Sydney runner in anyway. The real reason we lost was the move of Marsh on to Majak and Allir Allir being used as a free man in defence in the last quarter. Maybe we had no-one to match up on him, but I hate those situations where opposition teams places someone as a loose player in defence, who continually mops up indiscriminate kicks into our forward line. Someone should have matched up with Allir and at least forced a contest. It never happened and he kicked the winning goal. Say no more.

(putting this in the correct thread.....)

There was a moment in the 2nd when we kicked long from the members wing towards the opposite forward pocket (Swans race side)

My first reaction was ‘Ah s**t’ as I thought it was (yet another) kick directly to the opposition.

That’s what it seemed like at first glance till the pink bastard pissed off out of the free space in our forward line.

That was some A Grade bulltish from a bloke who I once had some respect for.
My thoughts exactly. While he's pathetically trying to fob it off as nothing, the footage shows Laidler running away from both the boundary and every Sydney player to stand next to our loose player.

You're dead to me now, Horse.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are already providing Sydney's defence for them...

"We've issued a letter. In fairness to Jeremy, it's unfair that he's actually been highlighted to the level he has been. We could probably send out 18 (letters) a weekend," Hocking said.

Yes because every weekend there are 18 games decided by a goal where one side is protecting a slender lead and using illegal tactics to do so.
Jesus. Was the letter printed on a wet lettuce leaf?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back