Preview Faceoff Round 20 - Adelaide v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

for some reason, i love the way how ken hinkley goes about his business. very refreshing, honest and can have a good laugh too.

Ken is a likable bloke and I think that's half his problem. He treats his players as team mates rather than player/coach relationship. Not an uncommon trait in failed coaches. Look at the great coaches and they have a healthy dose of cnut about them. Blight, Matthews, Malthouse, Clarkson etc. Pyke is not an extreme of this, but you get the feeling the players respect him rather than like him. With Ken it's a love in.

I just can't see how they can get anywhere close to us. When we're bringing in quality players like Betts, Crouch and Lever, and they're bringing in spuds like Wantfrees and Bless You, it just really goes to show the quality of depth difference between the 2 teams.. We have them covered in every area of the field, except probably Ruckman.

Crows by 119.

I just can't see how they can get anywhere close to us. When we're bringing in quality players like Betts, Crouch and Lever, and they're bringing in spuds like Wantfrees and Bless You, it just really goes to show the quality of depth difference between the 2 teams.. We have them covered in every area of the field, except probably Ruckman.

Crows by 119.
I agree..... if we turn up to play.
Which is largely what defeats us when we do lose.

We are the superior team.

Need to be switched on from the start. Give them nothing.

Nathan Bassett has implemented his Neil Craig defence of blocking up space in the backline in a systematic matter. Our scoring from the 50m arc could be important in this regard.

I feel if it is wet we will win by more. Ports skills are bad at the best of time. In the wet they make Auskickers look silky. We have put up some big scores in wet games.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They will put Robbie Gray into the midfield for this one as Wingard is out. That will give both Brown and Riley knight a god job to kick him in the nuts.
Given they are not really elite by hand or by foot under pressure... We just need to have that mongrel (as they will bring it too). Then surpass them by fluid movement.

Ken will do what he usually does and put Westoff behind the ball as a loose man in defence.. but we saw how well that woked for collingwood in the 2nd half.. as our guys are too smart for that.. they dont bomb in long.. they lower their eyes... its a togh comination to stop.

oping they used all tehir chips last week..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Port supporting work associate has given me his members pass for the game, best Port supporter I've met.
:D
If we bring 70% of the pressure we had against Geelong we will win. If we bring the 10% that we showed against Collingwood in the first half we're f***ed.

View attachment 399157

When: Sunday, August 06 2017 @4:10
Weather: 12 degrees with 90% rain
Odds: Adelaide ($1.54) and Port ($2.50)

After a 50 point deficit against Collingwood, we managed to claw back a draw with a McLovin goal after the siren. Whilst the enemies down the road managed to score two late goals to beat The Aints in awful conditions.

Last 5 matchups:
R3: Adelaide 15.10.100 v Port 12.11.83
R22 , 2016: Adelaide 15.19.109 v Port 14.10.94
R2 , 2016: Adelaide 22.12.144 v Port 11.20.86
R16,2015: Adelaide 18.8.116 v Port 17.11.113
R5, 2015 : Port 18.7.115 v Adelaide 13.13.91

Key Matchups:

Daniel Talia v Charlie Dixon: Talia will be smashing Dixon again lets be honest here. He's kept Dixon to 1.0 and 0.1 since joining from the Suns

View attachment 399160

Sam Jacobs v Patrick Ryder:

Ryder has been in his best form of his career, his elite tap work to the midfielders of Ollie Wines , SPP and Travis Boak is scary. His game against St Kilda shows that he could be a scary prospect for us if Sauce doesn't contain him. Sam Jacobs' contested marking and covering the ground should cause a few headaches for the Power.

Eddie Betts v ????
Port Adelaide has always had difficulites stopping Eddie in the past, Eddie has a habit of scoring beautiful goals :hearteyes: and managed to kick a bag. Let's hope Jarman Impey goes on him :laughing::laughing:

Luke Brown v Robbie Gray
Luke Brown is an underrated defender that has the ability to nullify small forward's impact in key games. Brown will have a big test on Sunday against Robbie Gray, a goal sneak that doesn't need a huge amount of disposals to have a big impact on the game. If we let Robbie Gray have freedom it's going to be a long day.

The key players we need to stop from the Power is Robbie Gray , Patrick Ryder and Ollie Wines. Gray has been elite for them in the forwardline, Ollie Wines has been a bull in the midfield and Ryder is in All Australian contention in the ruck.

The key players Port Adelaide need to stop are Rory Sloane and Eddie Betts . Rory Sloane is our most important midfielder and when he's tagged out we have no influence and Eddie Betts has been brilliant in the showdowns since he's crossed over from Carlton.

Here's a song to get pumped up too;

Adelaide by 18 - We will destroy a chance for the Power to make top 4, whilst cementing a spot in top 2. Eddie to be his usual self and kick a ton against some reject and we take the lead in the showdown tally.

View attachment 399159

Great post. Enjoy the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe Tredrea said in the Ragvertiser that this has the potential to be the biggest Showdown ever.

GAGF! I haven't been this confident going into a Showdown for years. The margin will not be big, but we WILL win. Port couldn't beat us earlier in the year; we have gotten better and they have gotten worse.

Wish I had your confidence. Port are not the mugs everyone makes them out to be and we have played some awful quarters this year. If the team at start of season rocks up then it's a win.

Just found out my early work shift on Sunday turned into a late one :'(

First home showdown I'm going to miss since 2013.

Geez I miss living in Adelaide and going to these matches :'(
My Port supporting bestie made a trip to Auckland today...got of the plane head to toe in her Power scarf, beanie etc... I had on my Crows Guernsey, beanie ...im sure we looked weird lol.
I just hope we thrash them...convincingly, otherwise she will be unberable!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back