Fan threatened with eviction from MCG for barracking too loud

Remove this Banner Ad

Everything the fan said was technically true, don't see the issue.

Still a free kick if you have possession and the other arm is pinned. They just don't apply the rule like they should.

Nicholls is a Homer Simpsonesque bald boob who has an uncanny knack for offending both supporter bases equally.

Disgrace if he was thrown out for that but if he did indeed use “NTTAWWT” instead of “flog” then absolutely it shouldn’t be tolerated

The Richmond cheer squad member was banned for "maggot" which some defective overheard as "f*****", but was still banned even after the insult was clarified.

The end is nigh.

Good. We don't need people abusing people at games, especially at the people that are UMPIRING the game. There are ways to get your voice heard without acting like a campaigner about it.

Problems don't get fixed by silencing those who point them out. Unless you live in China.

Be honest, the game is going to seed under Gillon's regime.

When will administrators realise that football is an emotional game? I'm not one to scream and yell, as a matter of fact I am quiet except for applauding when something good happens, but I have mates who are the most mild mannered people you'll ever meet, but the moment they check into a footy game, they're off their heads.

Would they prefer it if nobody came to the football?

If he's calling him a flog... big deal. Not exactly covering yourself in glory by screeching at an umpire, but it's hardly worth being thrown out for.

If he's calling him a NTTAWWT or worse.. on your bike, son. That language doesn't fly any more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Problems don't get fixed by silencing those who point them out. Unless you live in China.

Be honest, the game is going to seed under Gillon's regime.

And problems don't get fixed by throwing abuse at people, because what starts out with good intentions of calling people out starts to become harassment. We don't need that.

When will administrators realise that football is an emotional game? I'm not one to scream and yell, as a matter of fact I am quiet except for applauding when something good happens, but I have mates who are the most mild mannered people you'll ever meet, but the moment they check into a footy game, they're off their heads.

Would they prefer it if nobody came to the football?
It is the passion of footy and its fans that have made it what it is.

And problems don't get fixed by throwing abuse at people, because what starts out with good intentions of calling people out starts to become harassment. We don't need that.

Remember the sepia scoreboard at Waverley? Where the umpires were announced with a cartoon umpire shielding behind a door as he was rained with cans, fruit etc? Abusing the umpire is football lore.

Umpiring standards are at an all-time low and paying patrons are merely responding in kind.

Don't shoot the messenger, fix the ******* umpiring!

Remember the sepia scoreboard at Waverley? Where the umpires were announced with a cartoon umpire shielding behind a door as he was rained with cans, fruit etc? Abusing the umpire is football lore.

Umpiring standards are at an all-time low and paying patrons are merely responding in kind.

Don't shoot the messenger, fix the ******* umpiring!

Yeah no, the fact you think abusing people in any situation is stupid.

Some people in the area the person said it say there were homphobic words used in the verbal attack.
Disgrace if he was thrown out for that but if he did indeed use “NTTAWWT” instead of “flog” then absolutely it shouldn’t be tolerated
Someone on reddit claiming the fan called the ump a "bald headed NTTAWWT".

Fan booted for homophobic abuse, then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back