Politics Fascist takeover US 2025.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trump would need the security services and military behind him to "end democracy". Seems farfetched.
Did you miss tuberville refusing to fill the top military spots for over a year?

Trump would need the security services and military behind him to "end democracy". Seems farfetched.

Did you miss tuberville refusing to fill the top military spots for over a year?

Hardly ending democracy.

More trump dickheadery:

IMG_8545.jpeg

Remember when trump relaxed regulations and let airlines regulate themselves? I member…..

<<<On transportation regs in general. Executive order by Trump himself. If you think season two is going to better, you are ******* mistaken.

“These rules have been written in blood,” said John Risch, national legislative director for the International Association of Sheet Metal, Air, Rail and Transportation Workers. “But we’re in a new era now of little-to-no new regulations no matter how beneficial they might be. The focus is what can we repeal and rescind.”

Trump has made reducing regulations a priority, seeing many rules as an unnecessary burden on industry. Last month he tweeted that his administration “has terminated more UNNECESSARY Regulations, in just 12 months, than any other Administration has terminated during their full term in office...”>>>

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which doesnt leave much given how many people on the left want books banned as well.
I've got a copy of Jock of the Bushveld which would make your eyes water but if you get the context and time that it was written in it it expose the sort of pathetic base colonial racism that existed at the time more than encouraging it, same with Mein Kampf, no rational person could try to read that and think Hitler knew what he was on about. Even s**t books can educate and a but the left here isn't much of an argument when you look what's happening parts of America, it doesn't really compare to the odd activist here. Anyway, the last book I can remember people wanting to ban here was Yumi Stynes' sex ed book and those calls weren't coming from the left of politics.

But not to remove actual professionals from departments and stuff them with his loyalists, or to enact voting changes such as the ones just floated by Lara Trump.

Its all there in black and white in the Project 2025 stuff, have a read.

This thread? Yeah probably. I’ll give you a summary of what happens if Trump wins the election.

You wake up, you go to work, you come home and sleep. Four years later there’s another election.

Thinking of it in those terms for you personally, sure it might happen that way, as it largely has since WWII for us here in Australia.

People are a bit too complacent about it all though, and I think it’s because those who were alive for WWII are largely no longer with us. They saw the dangers and signs, now many boomers and onwards think everything will be fine forever. (At least in the western world)

Discussions are lovely. Posting hyperbolic babble like "Trump will end democracy in the USA" isn't interesting nor constructive

It won’t happen in a day, or instantly, it would happen gradually enough so people like you would go “hey it ain’t so bad, I’m still doing fine”.

As I keep saying look at Orban in Hungary for what Trump and MAGA movement are looking to do. Hungary still have all the superficial trappings of democracy (they have elections), however there is authoritarianism creep which has been going on well over a decade.

A bit of talk about 'hyperbole' in here.

Ok, if trump gets in it may not be immediate armageddon and I don't think that's what's being claimed here adammania9

What IS reality is that trump is an isolationist, and that means our reliance on the US should we need it will be at the very least lessened. At the very worst who knows. High probability we can forget about the auskus deal, whether or not one thinks it's good or not is moot. The point is that ol Donnie is all about murica and phuq everyone else.

The world will lose its global policeman, and that will encourage Vlad and Xi to further their non democratic regimes, yes an actual threat of oppression to democracy.

Now, there's more than a few in here that would be cheerleading the us NOT be the global policeman, the message to them and you if that is your position is, be careful what you wish for.

So unless you're not a fan of liberal democracy, which if donnie gets in makes that a possibility then I'd start taking this seriously.

Of course it won’t happen instantly. People think these things happen with really obvious moustache twirling super villains and if those aren’t present, it’s nothing to worry about.

I mean it’s not like they aren’t openly stating that’s what they plan on doing.

Project 2025 - see that’s the problem with low information folk.

Yes they are literally spelling out exactly what they plan to do, yet many here still somehow think anything about what Trump and MAGA movement want to do is overblown.

I assume it’s because they are simply unaware of it and low information folk.

I've got a copy of Jock of the Bushveld which would make your eyes water but if you get the context and time that it was written in it it expose the sort of pathetic base colonial racism that existed at the time more than encouraging it, same with Mein Kampf, no rational person could try to read that and think Hitler knew what he was on about. Even s**t books can educate and a but the left here isn't much of an argument when you look what's happening parts of America, it doesn't really compare to the odd activist here. Anyway, the last book I can remember people wanting to ban here was Yumi Stynes' sex ed book and those calls weren't coming from the left of politics.

Yes also those book bans re mark Twain aren’t being driven by the Democratic Party, the Florida book bans are clearly GOP led.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back