First test of the aussie summer

Remove this Banner Ad

its a dying sport

Test match cricket will find it's feet again when it's either school holidays, Christmas holidays or both. Don't worry.

This conversation happens every year. There's a month of work left in the year, mid week and crowds will be low. Then when the crowds pick up again late December and very early January for unknown reasons everything will be good again.

Test match cricket will find it's feet again when it's either school holidays, Christmas holidays or both. Don't worry.

This conversation happens every year. There's a month of work left in the year, mid week and crowds will be low. Then when the crowds pick up again late December and very early January for unknown reasons everything will be good again.
I watch the tests more than anything

I watch the tests more than anything

The GABBA test on ABC during the last few weeks of work for the year was always a highlight for me, but there's no hope of people who would like to go to a test match getting there mid week during both school and working weeks - especially prior to the Christmas break.

If Perth held a test match around the 26th of December to 6th of January I expect it would be packed out.

The GABBA test on ABC during the last few weeks of work for the year was always a highlight for me, but there's no hope of people who would like to go to a test match getting there mid week during both school and working weeks - especially prior to the Christmas break.

If Perth held a test match around the 26th of December to 6th of January I expect it would be packed out.

Yeah well that ain’t happening, MCG holds more and has tradition.

Traditon of flat, s**t pitches recently. Still, the Boxing Day test wont be moved
Tell me you haven't watched the MCG test in the last 4 years without telling me you haven't watched the MCG test in the last 4 years

Yeah well that ain’t happening, MCG holds more and has tradition.

I don't have a problem with Melbourne and Sydney dominating those prime positions. It's just part of the summer that the early tests have their low attendance used to justify moving it somewhere else.

I havent watched an MCG test in the last 4 years. Apart from Boland going apeshit last year. You werent supposed to press me on that
New curator has put juice into the pitch to get more movement early.

So you want the players to have 2 days rest after the test?

No I want it fixtured so there is ample break between tests. All tests have been crammed in and that is poor fixturing.
Perth test could of started last friday. Cricket Australia better not complain about the crowds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't have a problem with Melbourne and Sydney dominating those prime positions. It's just part of the summer that the early tests have their low attendance used to justify moving it somewhere else.

It’s a shame there’s Timezone things as Perth under lights would be a great idea. Can’t really have games finishing 1am though

New curator has put juice into the pitch to get more movement early.

Pitch has been good last two years in Melbourne. Mind you I’m not sure many want too much movement have you seen our batsmen with an ounce of movement or spin…

Traditon of flat, s**t pitches recently. Still, the Boxing Day test wont be moved

It’s been better in the last two years especially. Last years pitch was a great cricket wicket

Yeah right. Im away every Xmas so see not much of it. Must of been a road a few years ago that's burnt into my mind
As other's have said, it's been decent in recent years. Basically since they got a "poor" report back to the ICC

There was one around then as well that managed to be a road as well as low and slow. So it was hard to get blokes out, but it was also hard to score. The worst of both worlds!

Even though I know it's much better now, I still find myself getting apprehensive just prior. "Please don't be a shit pitch, please don't be a shit pitch, It's the best slot in the calendar, please don't be a shit pitch"

A bit like chanting "please don't rain" before the Sydney New Year's Test.

He won’t for starters and there’s a bucket of spinners with better red ball form

Most wickets from spinners Corey Rocchiccioli is the only one in the top 10

I admire West Aussie cricket they way it has built a robust red ball program. But have to say that taking this action is certain to be counter productive for the game in the West. Those fans planning to boycott their first Test in three years need to have a rethink if they want Test cricket to remain at the classiest cricket ground in the country (in my view)..
Nobody is boycotting. He's talking about how the WACA is a really poorly run organisation at the moment.

Anyway, the test would normally be the first day of international cricket in Perth each summer, but not this year

There's already been 111,500 people attend international cricket this season in Perth, with three crowds in excess of 25,000.

Considering that no test match had ever had more than 60,000 in attendance (across the five days), there's a decent chance this is the most people that have seen international cricket in one summer in Perth.

There's only so much cricket you can go to.

Most wickets from spinners Corey Rocchiccioli is the only one in the top 10

Murphy is better, Kuhermann did well in Pakistan/SL, Swepson (don’t rate him but he’s better than Zampa in red ball cricket).

Remove this Banner Ad

First test of the aussie summer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back