Women's Footy Fremantle Women's Team

Discussion in 'Fremantle' started by CrowdedHouse, Mar 21, 2016.

Put it out there
  1. jatz14

jatz14 Premiership Player

West Coast
    Other teams:
    Perth Glory W-League

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. wayToGo_

wayToGo_ Premiership Player

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Thanks for the update. Tarni was clearly recruited with the future in mind. She seemed pretty disciplined given her previous surf life saving duties etc, so glad that her coming in to a professional football training environment appears to be paying dividends already. I think quite a lot of Freo's players needed more than 6 weeks, so hopefully a few are stepping it up and make Freo more competitive - but I'm sure all the other clubs are going along similarly. It will be great to see how much they've all improved next season.

3. Sir Deadly

Sir Deadly Team Captain

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Arsenal, South Adelaide
    Congrats to Kara Donnellan for winning the first players award for the women's team!

4. Sir Deadly

Sir Deadly Team Captain

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Arsenal, South Adelaide
    Amy Lavell wins best clubwoman.

Clems Knee likes this.
  5. Sir Deadly

Sir Deadly Team Captain

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Arsenal, South Adelaide
    Dana Hooker wins the Fairest and Best award by 1 vote! Congratulations! IMG_0575.JPG

Purplrrr and Tundrawolf like this.
  6. jatz14

jatz14 Premiership Player

West Coast
    Other teams:
    Perth Glory W-League
    Go Dana.

From memory, the first player to get a Freo club fairest and best within 12 months of giving birth?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Purplrrr, Tundrawolf and rgauci like this.
  7. Allikat

Allikat Moderator

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Roys SFA, #VagGang #frisky4faulkner
    I'm pretty sure you're right on this fact!

Grats to the girls on the wins last night. All super well deserved. And they all looked beautiful!

8. Frank J Moose

Frank J Moose Club Legend

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Buffalo
    Great story on the Adelaide site anout how they are allocating the Crows players across the clubs to provide a strengthened and solid lical comp. Four of their interstate recruits jouned local teams staying in SA.

While in WA all of the players stayed at Swans and Coastals with no effort made to equalise the comp. Two new players (Houghton and Janz) both joined the reigning premiers, Swans.

It is no coincidence Adelaide won the comp while Freo languished near the bottom. Good administration is almost as important as coaching and players. We will fall further behind.

Kram and Clems Knee like this.
  9. wehavethepassion

wehavethepassion Club Legend

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Fremantle
    Good points raised. I think some of the players also play for East freo as well. Coastals won flag in 2015 and Swans beat East freo in 2016 so most of the talent concentrated in three clubs- comp is a bit lop- sided
    Well next season there will be squads of 27 + 3 rookies. During May the 8 teams have the op to sign up to 22 players going forward ie need to cut 5 players. I think trading can happen during May also

These players get chance to nominate for various drafts in sept. the draft happens in Oct.