Preview Freo VS Port - Round 1 (team post #467 page 19)

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been somewhat bemused by the media continuously claiming there is an injury crisis at Freo. I heard either Cam Mooney or David King (all muppets sound the same to me) claim that Barlow was in doubt indefinitely despite the fact that he had just played a game for Peel the day before... Apparently Fyfe and Mundy were also struggling to be fit for round one according to some 'journalists' from the East.

Journalists have deadlines. If they have no "scoop" they make one up. Bit like the time when Jarman announced on Triple M that he can 100% give an iron clad guarantee that Brendon Goddard has just agreed to terms to come to Fremantle on a 5 year deal. Two days later he was a bomber.

Don't even get me started on the garbage that's been put out there by the "hack" in the past.

Must be a slow news day.

I've been somewhat bemused by the media continuously claiming there is an injury crisis at Freo. I heard either Cam Mooney or David King (all muppets sound the same to me) claim that Barlow was in doubt indefinitely despite the fact that he had just played a game for Peel the day before... Apparently Fyfe and Mundy were also struggling to be fit for round one according to some 'journalists' from the East.
They read Bigfooty. Which is why some of the panicky people on here should watch what they say. There were at least three days of people on this board being certain Walters was going to miss round 1. Embarrassing from adults.

They read Bigfooty. Which is why some of the panicky people on here should watch what they say. There was at least three days of people on this board being certain Walters was going to miss round 1. Embarrassing from adults.
Yes, I was confused by that. The club said nothing about Walters being injured, the newspapers didn't run with a story. The Official AFL website didn't indicate that anything was wrong but the certainty persisted. Never mind. People like to worry I guess.

Fun! Do you think we can start a big rumour that could kick those journos in the teeth?
Lachie Neale has been contacted by One Direction's management to stand in for Harry Styles who is considering his future in the group after Zayn left?

I feel like kicking myself in the teeth now.

Yes, I was confused by that. The club said nothing about Walters being injured, the newspapers didn't run with a story. The Official AFL website didn't indicate that anything was wrong but the certainty persisted. Never mind. People like to worry I guess.
It's like how people said Ryan Crowley has some scaly mates and then a week later Caroline Wilson writes an article saying he has scaly mates. Wonder where she got that from? I doubt she has any insights into the social lives of Perth footballers.

It's like how people said Ryan Crowley has some scaly mates and then a week later Caroline Wilson writes an article saying he has scaly mates. Wonder where she got that from? I doubt she has any insights into the social lives of Perth footballers.
I think it's a mistake to throw Caro in with every 2-bit radio hack who jumps on a rumor.
I'm curious at the comments out of asada that the recent positive tests were a result of targeted testing. There is an implication about Crowls there.
http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news...ts-in-afl-have-increased-20150403-1mec1w.html

Why? From where else would she have pulled the reference to Crowley's mates?
Who knows? But neither have I any reason to think she is the type to make stuff up.
I remember when the rumors started going around about Cousins my weagles supporting dad was convinced it was some kind of journo fantasy.

Who knows? But neither have I any reason to think she is the type to make stuff up.
I remember when the rumors started going around about Cousins my weagles supporting dad was convinced it was some kind of journo fantasy.
I'm not saying it's a fantasy or made up, but journalists, especially opinion writers, don't do much research. They're either fed information or source it from social media.

Most people on forums like Bigfooty were telling stories about what Cousins was getting up to long before the journos twigged.

So if we start reading in the eastern states media that we are going nowhere because we have a conservative coach who is too frightened to change personnel we will have a fair idea where that started...
I don't think they read social media for anything other than rumours about off season issues or injuries.

And you've misrepresented my argument, in a thread that has nothing to do with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think they read social media for anything other than rumours about off season issues or injuries.

And you've misrepresented my argument, in a thread that has nothing to do with it.

All you have done since the teams have come out have bitched about Ross Lyon etc You have managed to clogg up more than just the final teams thread. We get that your pissed. Move on

nobody has left that I can think of.
Michie has, but we have been lucky so far. We are just lucky a lot of the boys love the club. We shouldn't abuse that though.
It wasn't really the team I expected. Seems a bit like going back to the future. I'm the progessive type, I'm afraid.

Michie has, but we have been lucky so far. We are just lucky a lot of the boys love the club. We shouldn't abuse that though.
It wasn't really the team I expected. Seems a bit like going back to the future. I'm the progessive type, I'm afraid.
Roberton too, but he didn't really want to go by all reports.

Yeah, i didn't mention him because he had other issues to consider, but Freo tried to keep him and couldn't. Chances are the other Melbourne based players will find other reasons to leave if it is in their own best interests. There was talk (don't know how true) that the Suns didn't take Weller because they thought he would be a flight risk i.e wants to be with his brother. We shouldn't get too complacent. Crozier and Sheridan will attract a lot of interest, I imagine.

Yeah, i didn't mention him because he had other issues to consider, but Freo tried to keep him and couldn't. Chances are the other Melbourne based players will find other reasons to leave if it is in their own best interests. There was talk (don't know how true) that the Suns didn't take Weller because they thought he would be a flight risk i.e wants to be with his brother. We shouldn't get too complacent. Crozier and Sheridan will attract a lot of interest, I imagine.
We might be more attractive to Maverick the way the Saints are going. But yeah, need to stoke the love for the likes of Croz and Sheridan. It's the one thing that makes me reticent about going after Rance - we also need to look after our own.

I actually heard completely different. He wanted to go back to be closer to his and his girlfriends family as they were expecting. We had no chance of keeping him and he was ready to walk away from his AFL career rather than stay.

I actually heard completely different. He wanted to go back to be closer to his and his girlfriends family as they were expecting. We had no chance of keeping him and he was ready to walk away from his AFL career rather than stay.
You heard right, but it was that his hand was forced after knocking up his special lady friend. I think he said he would have stayed if his swimmers weren't so potent.

Am I hallucinating, leeloo, or is your avatar glowing, pulsating and changing colors?!:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back