Review Friday Night Lights - Round 13 vs Carlton @ TIO Stadium (21/8/20 at 7:50pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

i know fiorini got pushed out of the midfield by better players, but i just don't know if there's a spot for him in our best 22 anymore. based on the last 2 weeks, he should be back of the queue. has done sweet FA to prove why he should be in the team which is super disappointing.

i know fiorini got pushed out of the midfield by better players, but i just don't know if there's a spot for him in our best 22 anymore. based on the last 2 weeks, he should be back of the queue. has done sweet FA to prove why he should be in the team which is super disappointing.
Yep, I got jumped on by a few people for calling out how pathetic he has been. But he was worst on tonight and it wasn't close. 3 disposals for the game is absolutely Disgraceful. He can * off back to Melbourne. Really really appalled at him)

If he's not getting the pill 20+ times unfortunately for Brayden he isn't doing anything else
I'm sure he's more frustrated than anyone but 3 disposals for a game is just wasting space
It's a bad year to hit a run of poor form because there's nowhere to work it out
Would love to see Miles or Brodie get a call up for Flanders /Fiorini/Holman and 2MP get a run

Yep, I got jumped on by a few people for calling out how pathetic he has been. But he was worst on tonight and it wasn't close. 3 disposals for the game is absolutely Disgraceful. He can fu** off back to Melbourne. Really really appalled at him)
We get it
You have hammered him and now you're gloating in his demise
You really exemplify the keyboard warrior
It's unedifying and un-Suns like IMO

We get it
You have hammered him and now you're gloating in his demise
You really exemplify the keyboard warrior
It's unedifying and un-Suns like IMO
His football has been his own demise. Why am I the bad guy for not wanting him in the team with those rubbish performances

Yep, I got jumped on by a few people for calling out how pathetic he has been. But he was worst on tonight and it wasn't close. 3 disposals for the game is absolutely Disgraceful. He can fu** off back to Melbourne. Really really appalled at him)
He was absolutely disgraceful. One of the worst performances l've ever seen. Very Very disappointing.

Calling players soft and telling them to f8ck off back to Melbourne and crowing over calling out his poor form isn't thumbs up material
Are you okay with his performances? Do you think he has been hard in the contest? Do you want a player like that around what we are building? He would be on probably alright coin, and he should not have a spot in the team going forward so why keep him?

Are you okay with his performances? Do you think he has been hard in the contest? Do you want a player like that around what we are building? He would be on probably alright coin, and he should not have a spot in the team going forward so why keep him?
I've already said that if he's not getting 20+ touches he brings very little else to the table
I thought he would run into form tonight but he got worse
You can't select him next match based on that performance
But where does he go to get confidence and form?
Rankine Fiorini Sharp Corbett Lemmens Flanders Graham are the players who have come into the team since round 5
You could argue that only Rankine and Corbett have done okay but Josh is only just ok
And I see people calling for Izak Rankine to be dropped too?
The guy is a generational talent and even he can't build momentum(he should never be dropped btw)
It's a tough year to be a fringe player
I'm not filled with any confidence that any player who hasn't played seniors this year is going to step up unfortunately

I've already said that if he's not getting 20+ touches he brings very little else to the table
I thought he would run into form tonight but he got worse
You can't select him next match based on that performance
But where does he go to get confidence and form?
Rankine Fiorini Sharp Corbett Lemmens Flanders Graham are the players who have come into the team since round 5
You could argue that only Rankine and Corbett have done okay but Josh is only just ok
And I see people calling for Izak Rankine to be dropped too?
The guy is a generational talent and even he can't build momentum(he should never be dropped btw)
It's a tough year to be a fringe player
Feta has played 50 odd games now, he is at that point of his career where if he is in the team he has to be consistent and play good each week. He hasn't played a single afl standard game this year. Now he might be out of form but he seems to be playing well enough in the 2s to get recalled to the senior team. Alot better in a scratch match against other AFL sides then the neafl. I just don't think he is fast enough or tough enough to be an AFL footballer. He found lots of the ball last year but our midfield last year was laughably bad. I just domt see the point of a supposed leader in the side when I've never seen one drop of leadership from him. Compare him to Bowes, who drips with leadership, does whatever is asked of him and is as consistent as they come.
I might get a bit carried away but I just don't see it with Fiorini.
I would really like brodie to come in and provide another big body against the blooz. They arent super quick either so contested ball will be king

I'd like to see someone come in and grab the chance with both hands like Rankine did and to a certain extent Corbett
Sharp and Flanders are works in progress but have at least had a taste
Graham looked lost tonight but they may give him another game-although as it's indigenous round he will likely make way for Harbs
Swallow Harbs and Brodie for Flanders Fiorini and Graham would be my picks.
Day and King aren't being dropped and Corbett has done enough to keep 2MP wondering what he'd look like wiearing a red sash on black background next year.
Have to say I'm really surprised how Will Powell has come on this year.
I thought he would be another 12 months away from hitting his straps but he's proved me wrong-and happy to be proven wrong.
His upper body development has been profound.
He is fearless and skilful.Reminds me a lot of Wally (the good;)) Matera

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantastic game last night from the Suns and your kids are developing beautifully and the meh has gained alot of respect from the AFL community and oppo supporters. Well done and love watching your kids

Good luck next game

Our first Friday night game and we'll look a shadow of what we can produce cause of the crazy fixture :(

Likely outs are probably these?

OUT: Fiorini, Holman.
IN: Harbs, Swallow.

Dunno where you play Harbs, but he's not missing the indigenous round surely.
On Eddie betts probably
agree with those changes

Carlton have 2x200cm casboult and McKay can’t drop graham. Ballard can’t play on casboult.

Surely Ranks needed a rest last night. He was cooked for the last 3rd of the game.
If the plan was for 3 games in 9 days for a player who has missed so much footy, the plan was poor.

Now he looks like he really needs a rest. If they rest him this week for Friday night indigenous round in Darwin will be spewing. What a waste of the spotlight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back