Official Club Stuff From The President - Club officially debt free 1st Feb 2021!!

Remove this Banner Ad

With all due respect I disagree ole Thy.
No one forces me to put 10 burners in my mouth a day.
It’s an addiction, not forced upon me by anyone but myself.
I would also add that not all pokie players are addicts. The majority are probably casual players....throw a few bucks in as you leave an RSL eg.
On that, should the RSL’s be held accountable as well????

Without getting in to a back and forth about gambling and addiction, you’re entitled to a different view. I did just want to ask.

Do you really think the gambling industry, specifically pokies, predominantly make their money from patrons, dropping a few $$$ on the way out of a venue?

Without getting in to a back and forth about gambling and addiction, you’re entitled to a different view. I did just want to ask.

Do you really think the gambling industry, specifically pokies, predominantly make their money from patrons, dropping a few $$$ on the way out of a venue?
I’m not interested in getting into a debate.
I made my position quite clear in subsequent posts I would’ve thought.

I haven't followed your 'work' (whatever that may be), nor particularly care to any more than for anyone else....but...What's the need for that last sentence?

All caught up in who 'likes' one another? Forget even looking at that s**t. It never should have come to this board....but people seem to 'like' it.

Don't let Ferris see this post Harks, he may have an existential crisis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thankyou. I'm just a passionate Carlton person. How do you defend your love you weak piece of sh...

On Blade A5 2019-T using BigFooty.com mobile app

You're clearly a troll and I believe I know which one.

Yes. AFL is only for the rich. Fair well AFL footy. The likes of Dustin Martin will never be seen again. He is why we go to the footy. I have been barracking for Richmond this year. Can't stand egotistical Carlton management anymore

Dear ferrisb,

Happy New Year! I hope you’re as excited, as we all are at the Club, for what is sure to be a fantastic 2020 for the Carlton Football Club.

I want to begin by sharing some terrific off-field news with you.

As you would be aware, we have been carrying a significant amount of debt for a number of years. This time last year, that debt was in excess of $6 million. By the end of 2019, we had reduced that debt to $4m. Eliminating our historical debt is one of the 10 key initiatives outlined in our 5-year strategic plan, “The Carlton Way”, which was launched in March last year. Today, on behalf of the Board, I am very pleased to let you know that we have reduced that debt by a further $1m, effectively halving our debt in just one year.

We are now confident that the Carlton Football Club will be debt free by 2022 – which will be the first time the Club will be debt-free since 1996.

With the support of our Board, club Executive and staff, led by CEO Cain Liddle, all of our players and commercial partners and of course all our members, we have been able to achieve a significant improvement in the financial performance of the Club. This has subsequently allowed for a substantial increase in our investment in our football programs and the accelerated reduction of historical debt.

Under the current administration, we have increased investment in our football programs by more than $4.5m annually between 2018 and 2020. This additional investment has been generated through increased club revenues.

Our positive off-field position extends beyond just the financials and we will once again look to improve in all areas of the Club in the coming year.

Thanks to you, we enter 2020 off the back of our biggest year-on-year membership growth in the 155-year history of the Carlton Football Club. This significant membership growth looks set to continue in 2020 with the Club currently tracking more than 10,000 members up from this time last year. We thank all our loyal members and supporters for their continued commitment and belief in the direction of our football club.

The contribution by each of our Board members is to be commended. The professional skills and experience each Director brings to the Board are integral to the successful execution of our Club’s strategy, which is outlined in our five-year strategic plan.

In 2019 the Club recorded its highest level of engagement results from our annual staff survey, a result that also puts us in the top quartile of the AFL.

Director David Campbell has worked with our key Executives to develop initiatives around our club values, staff engagement and motivation, which have enhanced the culture of our club and are no doubt helping to stimulate the improved business performance. He also chairs our first ever People & Culture sub-committee of the Board.

Directors Chris Judd and Patty Kinnersly have done an outstanding job in supporting our respective football programs, with both our AFL and AFLW teams experiencing a major turnaround in season 2019. A rejuvenated AFL side saw us deliver six wins in front of record crowds during the back half of last season and our AFLW team rebounded from a bottom of the ladder result in 2018, to play in the 2019 Grand Final.

Our AFLW season opener will see us again make history when we play competition newcomers Richmond at our spiritual home, Ikon Park. We will then play Collingwood in our first home game for the year at Ikon Park on Sunday 16 February.

Following our Grand Final appearance and finishing on top of our conference last season, we have no doubt that our AFLW team – led by newly appointed co-captains Kerryn Harrington and Katie Loynes, will be as committed as ever to go one step further in 2020. With massive crowds expected, we encourage all our members and supporters to come along to support coach Daniel Harford and the players.

As you are aware, we have also secured $35m of government funding for the re-development of Ikon Park. The professional experience of Director Chris Townshend QC has been invaluable as we continue to navigate design, planning and consultation throughout the Master Plan process. We have now entered our final planning phase, which will see the Carlton Football Club boast fully integrated, state-of-the-art facilities. We will share these plans with you as soon as they have been finalised.

The Club’s Annual General Meeting will be held at Ikon Park on Monday 24 February at 6:30pm.

This week, all members who are eligible to vote as part of their membership entitlements, will receive notice of the Club’s upcoming AGM, along with ballot papers for the election of three Directors of the Company in accordance with the Club’s constitution.

The election process includes the involvement of the Independent Nominations Committee (INC), whose purpose is to ensure we have an appropriate range of skill sets and diversity on the Board to govern and execute the strategy of the Carlton Football Club. We require Board members who are passionate and highly skilled to actively contribute to our club’s future.

As President, it is my duty to ensure we deliver the right governance and procedures for our members, while also ensuring we have a succession plan in place for the future. The INC’s role in this process is to provide independent, objective and expert advice on the skill set, knowledge, experience, diversity and performance of the current Board. They also complete an extensive and comprehensive interview process of nominated Directors and provide the Board with recommendations in regard to each nominee.

It is important for the stability and future of the football club that we have the correct representation on the Board. I encourage all eligible members to take part in the election process by voting and attending the AGM.

On behalf of everyone at the Carlton Football Club, we look forward to both our upcoming AFLW and AFL seasons and thank you once again for your continued support of our great club.

Go Blues!

Mark LoGiudice
President, Carlton Football Club
Member ID: 1201017

So an additional one million off the two million taking it down to 3 million? Is that right ferrish?

yesh

* no Sean Connerys were harmed in the production of this post

So an additional one million off the two million taking it down to 3 million? Is that right ferrish?
Yeah, sounds like it was originally at $6M then by September we'd knocked a couple off that to bring it down to $4M, before taking an additional $1M off in the past quarter leaving us with $3M debt. The Club is aiming to pay off that last $3M over the next 2 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back