Prediction Future Free Agency Targets [aka the Petracca, Toby Greene & Thomas Green discussion]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With
Ccj
Balta
Nank
Chol
Garth
All currently out of the side , I think we’re flush with tall options , we need to bolster the midfield with a Rowell type coming through

CCJ - Futute ruck tick
Balta- Potentially CHB
Nank - No good
Chol- Not up to it
Garth - Not up to it

I'm talking about targeting quality talls now so in 4-6 years we are back in a window with a new group.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Rance 1.8m off tbe books?

Cotchin. Jack. Contracts are probably not that big by next season. Ditto houli. Edwards.

I can see Richmond chasing a a grade mid type. Crouch. Viney. Wines.
We can do better than any of those 3 you mentioned. We need a younger more up and coming mid. And those 3 are all slow as *.

CCJ - Futute ruck tick
Balta- Potentially CHB
Nank - No good
Chol- Not up to it
Garth - Not up to it

I'm talking about targeting quality talls now so in 4-6 years we are back in a window with a new group.

VFL and development coach Xavier Clarke provides a summary of how the Tigers’ players performed in Wednesday night's scratch match against Collingwood.

If we can't land a big fish this was VFL vs Pies. Chol & Garth & Miller been in the system a while. Not sure if they're gunna make it at all but there's potential to develop them as KPPs

Ryan Garthwaite

"'Garthy' was absolutely outstanding. He rarely gives up and his second and third efforts were his highlight. We love what he brings to the Club, he's a competitive beast and it's great to see him play to his strengths."

Bigoa Nyuon

"Continuing to learn the way we play as a defensive system. He's got some amazing attributes as an athlete and he'll be better off for the run and will continue to grow the way he has over the last four months."

Noah Balta

"It's been well-documented that he played a pretty good game, a well-rounded game. He defended really well, he did the simple things well which was pleasing and played his role which was great to see."

Ben Miller

"Ben complements our backline. He sees the way we play really well and helps out with great leadership. He certainly showed glimpses of what he can produce."

Toby Nankervis

"We know what we're going to get from 'Nank'. He certainly provided us a contest around the ruck and also up forward. We wrapped him up at three-quarter time but as the game went on, he had more of an impact around the ground."

Callum Coleman-Jones

"Took some unbelievable marks around the ground. We know he can be a very good player for us, he can ruck, he can go forward, and he certainly has a great engine. He produced some really nice things."

Mabior Chol

"Played a really good game. His ability now to be able to compete in the contest, jump at the ball and take a mark or bring the ball to ground, has been a highlight. We also know that when the ball does hit the ground, he's very good at ground level as a tall."

CCJ - Futute ruck tick
Balta- Potentially CHB
Nank - No good
Chol- Not up to it
Garth - Not up to it

Wsup with nank , dual premiership ruck , they don’t grow on trees , he needs to get back in the bloody side

Blair Hartley will have his work cut out. We need a replacement or Rance, Riewoldt is 30 and looks like he is slowing down, Cotchin been a terrific player and a great leader but he probably has 2 maybe 3 years left. Bachar Houli is a year to year proposition. Astbury is looking average at the moment too. So we have players to find over the next 2 or 3 years otherwise. Hartley probably has the most important job at the club. He needs to bring in quality players to replace our aging stars. Lets hope he does a great job.

Blair Hartley will have his work cut out. We need a replacement or Rance, Riewoldt is 30 and looks like he is slowing down, Cotchin been a terrific player and a great leader but he probably has 2 maybe 3 years left. Bachar Houli is a year to year proposition. Astbury is looking average at the moment too. So we have players to find over the next 2 or 3 years otherwise. Hartley probably has the most important job at the club. He needs to bring in quality players to replace our aging stars. Lets hope he does a great job.
I haven't minded Astbury this year. But Sam Taylor from Giants for one of our rucks might work. I

Riewoldt is an interesting one, fantastic kpf, who has carried our forward line since Richo’s departure, BUT since Lynch’s arrival is not as vital to our setup.

Next contract negotiations will be interesting, we have some promising kpf coming through who will want their opportunities and I think we’ll see Dusty playing out of the goal square more often.

Astbury has been solid, don't know where the criticism is coning from.

With balta and cCJ looking promising I think they try tie up those guys and target a mid.

There were rumors about crouch and Jones.

Ithink viney sounds a good fit. Maybe realistic. Not the most polished but A grader amd his kamakazi style should help prestia and co.
No thanks. Barely an upgrade on Graham (if Graham was actually played in the middle).

Brad Crouch for me. Will be keen to leave crows and Suns will likely have cooled on him if they keep winning.

Riewoldt is an interesting one, fantastic kpf, who has carried our forward line since Richo’s departure, BUT since Lynch’s arrival is not as vital to our setup.

Next contract negotiations will be interesting, we have some promising kpf coming through who will want their opportunities and I think we’ll see Dusty playing out of the goal square more often.
Not been vital , we’ve only lost 2 games since they’ve played together !
I’m more inclined to think jacks poor form is related to lack of preparation than anything else , we ll soon see but I Wouldn’t underestimate him

I’m more inclined to think jacks poor form is related to lack of preparation than anything else , we ll soon see but I Wouldn’t underestimate him
You do know that post relates to finding replacements for aging players including Riewoldt over the next 2-3 years ??
Right now JR is an important part of our forward line set up. His contract expires at the end of 2021, let’s see what transpires between now and then.

You do know that post relates to finding replacements for aging players including Riewoldt over the next 2-3 years ??
Right now JR is an important part of our forward line set up. His contract expires at the end of 2021, let’s see what transpires between now and then.

It's hard to find elite (young) talls ,when we keep winning flags. It's a conundrum

Jack to finsh his career out on the wing ala Richooooooo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Broad

I'd say short but the fanbois would have a freakout again

Jack would boss it from behind the play imo
No way. Broad has been very good. Any backline will look shaky the way we are playing. The slow, precise ball movement the hawks and pies have played does not suit us. On a positive I don't think there are too many other teams capabale of playing that way. Eagles, dogs and GWS maybe.

Jack on the wing makes sense to me. He's one of our smartest and best field kicks and if he can't make the distance from 35m out atm, theres not much point leaving him forward.

Contested marks are gold, especially given how slowly we are moving the ball atm. Time to unleash the zombie CCJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back