Certified Legendary Thread Future of James Aish, for a limited time only! (trolling opposition supporters automatic day off)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's not a matter of fair trade. GWS will be wanting the best deal for Treloar. Richmond have offered 2 first round picks. Collingwood need to offer 2015 & 2016 1st round draft picks at least.

I highly doubt GWS and Richmond has had that Talk.

Treloar said NO to Richmond

Just because of the Hate of the Beams Trade?
No it isn't, we are happy with the trade and so should you. Beams is a gun and Crisp is a good player along with De Goey, who can only improve.

We have said this so many times and all you can do is continuously come on our board and suggest we are still mad over it, how about you piss off and stick to the Pies board.

No. If you think Pick 29 in a weak draft + Oxley is a fair trade then good luck getting him in the draft.

We are better off making a statement about Aish by sending him to the draft so guys like Mayes, Green, Rich, etc don't walk out on us. We are not a recruiting ground for Victorian clubs to poach talented kids.

Why would we hate the Beams trade? Not sure our camp was the ones gnashing its teeth during the entire trade process. Not a day goes by when I'm not grateful that D. Beams wears our jumper.

There's been literally no links between Aish and Hawthorn beyond the logic of "if he hasn't named anyone, they must still be playing finals", right? At least with Collingwood, Carlton, Adelaide, Port Adelaide and Brisbane there's all been reports with some implied sources behind them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I
No. If you think Pick 29 in a weak draft + Oxley is a fair trade then good luck getting him in the draft.

We are better off making a statement about Aish by sending him to the draft so guys like Mayes, Green, Rich, etc don't walk out on us. We are not a recruiting ground for Victorian clubs to poach talented kids.
This is a rare moment in my life, that i actually agree with your argument

This just in..

0ZNVAeA.png

I personally don't think forcing Aish into the draft will have an impact on retention into the future. We know that the stick doesen't work with these Guys, Managers will just get smarter and they will get where they want to go anyway. It won't work.

It may provide some slight, short lived satisfaction in that we can say 'Stuff him, cop that' and enjoy the fact he has to endure a bit of stress, but the manager will just get around to the various clubs with picks before his desired destination and make sure they don't take him.

They only think the draft should be used for is to send a message to a rival club that we won't be bent over backwards because of our weakened position.

Personally I'd prefer we just get the best deal we can, if he decides to leave, forcing him into the draft is kind of like drinking poison and hoping Aish/ Pickers will get sick. Our outcomes is to lose a trade piece/ high pick and we hope they suffer some kind of up set as a result?

I personally don't think forcing Aish into the draft will have an impact on retention into the future. We know that the stick doesen't work with these Guys, Managers will just get smarter and they will get where they want to go anyway. It won't work.

It may provide some slight, short lived satisfaction in that we can say 'Stuff him, cop that' and enjoy the fact he has to endure a bit of stress, but the manager will just get around to the various clubs with picks before his desired destination and make sure they don't take him.

They only think the draft should be used for is to send a message to a rival club that we won't be bent over backwards because of our weakened position.

Personally I'd prefer we just get the best deal we can, if he decides to leave, forcing him into the draft is kind of like drinking poison and hoping Aish/ Pickers will get sick. Our outcomes is to lose a trade piece/ high pick and we hope they suffer some kind of up set as a result?

Sending him into the draft will send a message to players and opposition clubs that we won't trade players that want out unless we get something satisfactory in return.

If Collingwood only offers their second pick there's no way we should accept it.

There's been literally no links between Aish and Hawthorn beyond the logic of "if he hasn't named anyone, they must still be playing finals", right? At least with Collingwood, Carlton, Adelaide, Port Adelaide and Brisbane there's all been reports with some implied sources behind them.

That is true. But I suppose some are looking at reports of Whitecross and Suckling being linked to the Lions via a trade instead of Free Agency.

Also Letha
Sending him into the draft will send a message to players and opposition clubs that we won't trade players that want out unless we get something satisfactory in return.

If Collingwood only offers their second pick there's no way we should accept it.
Also Lethal made a statement. We need to stick to our guns this time

Also Lethal made a statement. We need to stick to our guns this time
Hate to bring this up again, but Lethal made similar statements with Des Headland. Whether we send him to the draft or not, media statements like that are just posturing.

Gotta hate a trade where you get a guy who wins your best & fairest in 16 games.

Dave, there is one team board caught up in a seemingly ceaseless frenzy of anger and resentment over 2014 trade week and it isn't this one.

I know it's hard for some Pies fans to a conceive of a world where Collingwood isn't at the centre of every football related event, but you don't have to think too hard to find perfectly valid reasons for us to play hard ball on the Aish trade that don't revolve around petty hatred for the Collingwood football club.

Hate to bring this up again, but Lethal made similar statements with Des Headland. Whether we send him to the draft or not, media statements like that are just posturing.

Indeed he did, but I can't help but think this time around he is legit. Des netted us some awesome picks whereas Aish will net us under his value. I say if there was ever a person to send to the PSD based on us sticking up for ourselves it is a highly rated junior who has shown real ability in the AFL who will NOT give us a fair return.

Once you've made the threat and not carried through, game over really. I really love having Lethal on board and hearing him support the club in the media but he hasn't done us any favours with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back