• Survive

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • Merger

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Closure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The Giants will survive - Too much invested now to go under, and 18 Clubs needed for the TV deal or whatever replaces it and some of my money is on Amazon getting involved for their streaming service.
The talk about the two new clubs being discarded is just that.-Talk
Most of it is coming from Melbourne because they are worried about their weaker clubs surviving.

I understand the thoughts and rationale of both those who hold concerns, and those who believe that we will be OK. From my perspective, there's no guarantee of either, it will quite heavily IMHO depend on the conditions in which we come out of the other end of this crisis. Everything at this point is rationalising. At this point, I'm just hoping for the least damage to Australian society possible.

At this point, I'm just hoping for the least damage to Australian society possible.

With so many retailers closing for the forseeable future, the danger is that a lot of people will change their habits and shop online, leading to a permanent decline in foot traffic when this crisis is over. The implications for employment are obvious.

With so many retailers closing for the forseeable future, the danger is that a lot of people will change their habits and shop online, leading to a permanent decline in foot traffic when this crisis is over. The implications for employment are obvious.
Exactly. Widescale unemployment, less spare $ to buy non-essential items, leading to more unemployment, less money for 'luxury items' such as football memberships & merchandise ... this could have a significant impact on life as we know it.

Ch.9 WWOS C.Wilson 16.3

"The AFL is on the verge of extending its current TV rights deal for 2 years...The AFL receives $418m per year, and according to Wilson, the same agrement (ie @ $418m pa- my words) will continue to 2024".

"It will be announced in months, possibly 1 month" said Wilson, a multi-award winning, very experienced AFL journalist.

The AFL, in particular, will gain many comparative advantages over RA, NRL, & FFA/A League, who are all in severe financial stress.
GR AF, in general, Australia-wide, will also have many comparative advantages, cf. other sports.

Last edited:
The Age C. Wilson 9.4

"The AFL & Ch.7 look set to reinforce...a potential 2-year extension of the game's media rights...(in) a new marginally reduced contract that would run until 2024".

An historic moment for our Australian game.

In particular, this triumph will be very valuable for the AFL in NSW, ACT, & Qld.- & it will also provide, in general, great advantages for GR AF in NSW, ACT, & Qld.
The other codes are facing MASSIVE financial challenges, & are in disarray.

I know the club is saying all the right things in support of our co-major sponsor - but methinks we might be needing a new one next year.

It will be interesting just how many new badges are on various jumpers around the league in 2021.

I know the club is saying all the right things in support of our co-major sponsor - but methinks we might be needing a new one next year.

It will be interesting just how many new badges are on various jumpers around the league in 2021.

Rashays had $2mil on the table for Canterbury Bulldogs then 2 of their players got caught up in the sex scandals couple of months ago

Surprised GWS hasn't tried to get Rashays on board - family club, similar location etc etc

Last edited:
L. Matthws predicts, & strongly supports, heavy, permanent cuts to Clubs etc. running costs.

These cuts will result in GWS becoming more viable & sustainable in the long term- both on & off field.

Peter Jackson also supports strongly the heavy, permanent cuts to Clubs etc. running costs.

Last edited:
L. Matthws predicts, & strongly supports, heavy, permanent cuts to Clubs etc. running costs.

These cuts will result in GWS becoming more viable & sustainable in the long term- both on & off field.

Have no doubt in our long term if the AFL has the patience to ride it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back