Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Then he’d want to have not run and bitched to the CEO (who would’ve then spread it to bf bloggers) about the coach with 2 weeks to go in a live season with the team still in 8th
Cmon mate this is a poor take, it’s not running and bitching to the CEO ffs. That’s pure leadership to be standing up and having these conversations (if true)

Terrible call

atomic bomb explosion GIF

Sad the way it's ended and he'll always be a Bullgod, but it's over. No alternative, and will be a relief for all.
I think this is my take.
No hatred, no vitriol but it is time.

Like players, coaches aren't immune from going one year too long as well

The worst part is, the week ahead will be dominated by the score review in the news.
Lack of heat on us again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been absent from this site for a while due to the disillusionment that this club has subjected me to over the past few years.

It's cathartic to come back and find a thread like this and know that we're all drowning in the same sea of disappointment.

There's something in the collective frustration expressed on this board that I can't seem to find while scrolling through the hate on the club's social media posts.

There's a lot of sycophants at all (but mainly executive) levels dragging this club down at the moment. For all our sakes, I hope the OP rumours are true and that a full, comprehensive review is already significantly advanced and that an announcement about our coach is made soon.

Already posted this on the other Bevo thread, but it is fitting for here as well. Whole team is in shambles in many departments.

Unfortunately, it is clear as day that this team needs some fresh voices, and a fresh game plan. They are mentally shot, and their skill levels just keep regressing each week.

You might be lucky to get the odd Clarko, or Scott. Or get lucky like Hardwick and pull three flags out your ass when on the verge of being sacked. But for the most part, I believe no coach should coach more than 10 years. Eventually the message and game plan becomes stale.

We have never made top four. Our players kicking skills, decision making, and general confidence have gotten worse and worse. The team lacks an on field identity in which they way they play. We have not adapted to the modern game. We lack leaders and voices across the field.

Need to recruit and EXPERIENCED and well reputed coaching staff. Stop being the club where line coaches go to be freaking apprentices, stop being tight asses with the soft cap.

DON'T hire former Bulldogs like Cameron, or Boyd etc. Need to avoid the risk of mates, bros and boys club. Which I just know we will freaking go and do.

Bains and Wheeler need to grow a spine and make some hard calls in the off-season. Also walk out the door, our head of fitness, we look slow and run out of puff after half time in every single game. Remove any staff, outside the coaching group, who are reputed on here to have egos etc.

Also whoever has made calls on trading for other teams fringe players, and drafting VFL players needs to walk. Our depth is horrid.

Blow the place up with dynamite, and start fresh.

Cmon mate this is a poor take, it’s not running and bitching to the CEO ffs. That’s pure leadership to be standing up and having these conversations (if true)

Terrible call
Got no issue with saying it’s done with Bevo. But when there’s still a job to do you stick it out the season. Not rocket science. Gains nothing to axe the coach with two rounds to go.

Bevo looked real nervous today
I think it was pretty telling every time the camera panned to him in the box during the last ten minutes, when the game was in the balance, he wasn't on the phone frantically moving the pieces around to try and manufacture a win. There was nothing there.

We're in a better position than 2014.
The question is - who is the next bulldog coach?

TBH I do think a former defender would be a decent step as if we need to re-build our defence to be any serious threat
image-asset.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back