Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

If the report is true that he wants a full payout, keep him, make significant changes to the fitness department and management. Spend the next two years planning for the future and go hard in 2025 for a top coach and supporting staff.

It will likely be an ordinary next two seasons but paying out that much will leave with so few decent options for replacement coaches that it wouldn’t even be worth the change. Focus on getting the support and structure in place
🤮

Initial post from Fronk was severance package offered was 50% of contract value over 2yrs - i.e. 600k difference between parties would be 300k per year which is half a 600k per year contract. Makes sense. I reckon if we upped it to 80%, that could sway him?
That was Mojo with the 50% I think, don’t think Fronk said any numbers. Inbetweeners mail sounds pretty close IMO at 1.7 for two years (850 py)

That’s a big payout, 50% more than fair

* that. We made our bed, so we should lie in it. But it should be the board who make up the shortfall. There has to be a strong level of accountability towards them for their lack of due diligence and in any other business, if you make an error, you are held responsible with your job/finances on the line. Furious that it's come to this and there has to be recourse at board level as well as dept level. This isn't the AFL's mess to clean up, it's ours, and wanting them to bail us out is resorting to small club mindset again. I'm over that!
Yeah I’m taking a small club mindset over a potential 3mil loss - that is beyond crippling for a club like ours.

It’s not the clubs fault Bev has lost the players (if true) surely he has a little bit of responsibility here? We’ve done nothing but support him including a new contract to take all the pressure off him.

Not sure why people are making out that he’s innocent in this mess, he’s underperforming and not fit to fulfil his duties - it’s his fault we’re here. Take a payout and move on

I'm not surprised Bev wants his full pay. I remember back in the lead up to finals in '21, he was talking about submitting Dana's pay slips to the club so that they would pay her salary. She is a nurse and we had asked her to isolate to protect Bevo/the players from COVID in the lead up to finals. This was in the week leading up to finals and Bevo was so focused on getting Dana's salary paid by the club that he actually brought it up in a press conference.

I'm not surprised Bev wants his full pay. I remember back in the lead up to finals in '21, he was talking about submitting Dana's pay slips to the club so that they would pay her salary. She is a nurse and we had asked her to isolate to protect Bevo/the players from COVID in the lead up to finals. This was in the week leading up to finals and Bevo was so focused on getting Dana's salary paid by the club that he actually brought it up in a press conference.
Doesn’t he manage himself to save on the commission 😂

I have no doubt that the people who post on here with inside news are well intentioned and have heard some news they are willing to share.

There are just some things that don’t click.

For a leaky club no one from the media has run hard with this. This isn’t a Stonecutters forum with layer upon layer of security free from the free press.

It’s a nothing week in the AFL….this is a big story

Some in media have been gunning for him for a while yet we hear nothing…..

Caro, Cornes and Barret have decided to let this one slide

At the start of the year I would not have heard a bad said about Bevo in my presence but I am now indifferent. A sad reality of how bad things have gotten this season.

I can’t be angry at him for honouring his contract and coaching us this weekend because of a rumour that as far as I’m concerned, i’m not sure is ENTIRELY accurate.

If what has been posted is mostly true, then I’d except the story to leak once our season is over to make his position untenable

I'm thinking Kennedy, Wynd, Romero and Wallis (S) on the committee, all successful businessmen in their own right and all tough as nails that won't take crap from anyone and all love the club. Wheeler, Boyd (M) and Morris in the box to assist. Don't want anyone that has an association with the media (Johnson, Darcy etc) as they tend to promote themselves more than the club ie Eddie and the guy that did some morning show on 7 and was with Port.
We won’t be getting Morris

I have no doubt that the people who post on here with inside news are well intentioned and have heard some news they are willing to share.

There are just some things that don’t click.

For a leaky club no one from the media has run hard with this. This isn’t a Stonecutters forum with layer upon layer of security free from the free press.

It’s a nothing week in the AFL….this is a big story

Some in media have been gunning for him for a while yet we hear nothing…..

Caro, Cornes and Barret have decided to let this one slide

At the start of the year I would not have heard a bad said about Bevo in my presence but I am now indifferent. A sad reality of how bad things have gotten this season.

I can’t be angry at him for honouring his contract and coaching us this weekend because of a rumour that as far as I’m concerned, i’m not sure is ENTIRELY accurate.

If what has been posted is mostly true, then I’d except the story to leak once our season is over to make his position untenable

It's a big story and you look like a fool if you report it early and it wasn't 100% accurate

I find it hard to believe that he would get the flick if we win a final. I hate everything about the way we play now, I'd literally rather be coached by anyone else, even though its a 99% chance they won't achieve the achievements Bevo has here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't post often but often follow BF musings. I can confirm via an extremely reliable source (first hand) that Fronk's insights are broadly correct. Board are wanting a clean separation at end of season now. Bont didn't catalyse matters but other (multiple) players now not wanting to remain in the current system forced him to bring this to the attention of those who matter.

Despite the public talk, expect Senior Coach to depart unless we go deep in Finals.

Haven't asked other questions, but the above is now confirmed by a Senior source related to the club.
"Multiple". 2 or more.

1. a handful
  2. a handful of senior players
  3. a handful of under-performing senior players
  4. a handful of "quality young at risk of leaving" players
  5. a handful of 2, 3 & 4
  6. 1/3 or 1/2 the list
  7. the majority of the list
  8. the vast majority of the list
  9. all the players

Is "current system" limited to the football department or does it also include administration and executive.

Fronk's initial post suggested all the players had been lost. That would appear not to be the case. Bont (the messenger) may not even be a lost player but is representing a significant number (but significant in standing/seniority or volume). Seems it's not unanimous anyway if I'm reading your post correctly.

Last edited:
That's very disappointing to hear Xbox, and I have no reason to doubt you. The very best spin I could put on that is maybe there has been some misunderstanding at one end or the other ... but it doesn't sound like it.

Appreciate your loyalty. While it's important to maintain pressure on them (if you can be bothered) to make them stay up to the mark on PR or at least have the decency to give you an honest answer, you need to remember that these clowns too shall eventually pass. And when they do hopefully they will be replaced by a bunch of administrators with a bit more compassion, integrity and moral courage.

Very disappointing indeed.
They found out you post on BigFooty….that’s my only answer 🙁

It's a big story and you look like a fool if you report it early and it wasn't 100% accurate

I find it hard to believe that he would get the flick if we win a final. I hate everything about the way we play now, I'd literally rather be coached by anyone else, even though its a 99% chance they won't achieve the achievements Bevo has here.
I hate the way we play now too. I am not a footballing tactician but my biggest peeve are the 20-30 kick outs to the pocket…..

Power Rangers Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

remember what we did to Royce Hart. He was not sacked but demoted to u19 coach or something. Not sure what he later accepted but was not much. What options do we have with Bevo if he continues to play hardball. Do we just threaten to remove any decision making for him. Being a control freak, not sure how his ego would cope be sidelined. We just can’t capitulate and sack him and pay him out in full. Hopefully the club has a photo up its sleave

Hopefully they come to a reasonable resolution that will not cripple the club and destroy his standing at the club.

"Multiple". 2 or more.

1. a handful
  5. a handful of 2, 3 & 4
  6. 1/3 or 1/2 the list

Is "current system" limited to the football department or does it also include administration and executive.
9. Bailey Smith

If the club actually wants Bevo to go but won’t or can’t sack him due financial constraints, then this club will spend the next half a decade in the bottom 6. It will set us back so unbelievably far.
Agree. This is THE worst position out of all the scenarios in play.

Has to lead to a spill of the board and the head of football.

"Multiple". 2 or more.

1. a handful
  5. a handful of 2, 3 & 4
  6. 1/3 or 1/2 the list
  9. all the players

Fronk's initial post suggested all the players had been lost. That would appear not to be the case. Bont (the messenger) may not even be a lost player but is representing a significant number (but significant in standing/seniority or volume). Seems it's not unanimous anyway if I'm reading your post correctly.
#4 probably best sum it up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back