Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

The whole plan of getting Bevo more support is also baffling. You’re pretty much saying he isn’t good enough anymore. How’s that going to bode with him, the supporters and also the playing group?
I'd say they're acknowledging that the support around Luke has been subpar, which it has been.

Sounds like groundhog day to me - haven't we already tried this? :think:

It's also only just occured to me - why the Bains / Bevo fight? Bains isn't employed to sort out a footy dept - he's there to manage funds predominently...the only fight they might have is that Bevo wants cash for better support (i.e. assistants)
This occurred to me also but he has poked his nose into the "we've got a top 4 list" debate and Bont was allegedly speaking with him after whichever loss it was. A lot of lines seems to be blurred.

So Tom Morris is literally relying on outside sauces for all his Bulldogs info.

I can't quite put my finger on why.

He should just steal his info from here and pass it off as his own. Everybody else is.

So Tom Morris is literally relying on outside sauces for all his Bulldogs info.

I can't quite put my finger on why.

He should just steal his info from here and pass it off as his own. Everybody else is.

Player managers know what is happening more than we may think. Players from the club speak to their managers hence info gets spread

Would love to see Darcy as an interceptor next year, ease’s him into full time footy and a lot easier on the body than forward/ruck. If we’re so hellbent on 3 talls at least play talls that offer something, Jones and JOD are super quick, Darcy could play looser and mark everything with elite footskills out of defence.

Busslinger ? Can’t believe he didn’t play this year with good vfl form however he plays a lot next year I think

What all this tells me is we have a gutless administration. If we had an administration with a backbone not only would tough decisions have been made years ago they would've stood up to Beveridge in the best interests of the club and not allowed him to use the club as his own personal plaything for so long.

Look at the list. Great top end talent, disgusting depth and the likes of McComb at the bottom end.

The assistants. The most uninspiring group of assistants in the league.

A real club tells the senior coach which direction it is going not the other way around.

Player managers know what is happening more than we may think. Players from the club speak to their managers hence info gets spread
Sure, but he's literally just parroting messaging that we have been hearing from the club, its proxies and people on this board with claims of being IDK for weeks now.

There is going to be a major restructure of the coaching panel.

There is going to be a major turnover of the list.

We are looking at outside speed.

The point is he cannot claim to have gleaned any of this info from sauces within the club.

So he has to attribute it to people outside the club to give them a whiff of originality.

Would love to see Darcy as an interceptor next year, ease’s him into full time footy and a lot easier on the body than forward/ruck. If we’re so hellbent on 3 talls at least play talls that offer something, Jones and JOD are super quick, Darcy could play looser and mark everything with elite footskills out of defence.
Yep if it has to be 3 talls again then it should be Jones + JOD + Buss/Darcy. The lack of foot skills form Bruce / Keath / Gardy has killed our ball movement this year. I’d even rather Williams to go back as a 3rd “tall” if Buss/Darcy not fit or ready.

Yep if it has to be 3 talls again then it should be Jones + JOD + Buss/Darcy. The lack of foot skills form Bruce / Keath / Gardy has killed our ball movement this year. I’d even rather Williams to go back as a 3rd “tall” if Buss/Darcy not fit or ready.
I want to see Darcy left as Fwd/Ruck for then next 2 years atleast. It's where he has shown the most promise and we need to get the continuity in his game.
Atleast one or both of JOD and Buss should play every week next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The whole plan of getting Bevo more support is also baffling. You’re pretty much saying he isn’t good enough anymore. How’s that going to bode with him, the supporters and also the playing group?

Not sure about this logic.

Are you saying if the coach is good enough he doesn’t need good assistants or enough support staff?

Anything mentioned in the media or otherwise around what’s going to happen and what won’t should be taken with a grain of salt. Actions speak louder than words

I want to see Darcy left as Fwd/Ruck for then next 2 years atleast. It's where he has shown the most promise and we need to get the continuity in his game.
Atleast one or both of JOD and Buss should play every week next year.
If he’s fit and his body is right he needs to play AFL though, and there’s no room forward currently with Lobb on decent bucks, I’d start him back and send him forward for the rest of his career after Lobb

If he’s fit and his body is right he needs to play AFL though, and there’s no room forward currently with Lobb on decent bucks, I’d start him back and send him forward for the rest of his career after Lobb
I want to do the opposite with him. He is competing for a spot with lobb but healthy Competition is good we haven't had enough of it. I'd hope with a full pre season and some luck on the injury front he over takes Lobb at some stage next year.

I want to do the opposite with him. He is competing for a spot with lobb but healthy Competition is good we haven't had enough of it. I'd hope with a full pre season and some luck on the injury front he over takes Lobb at some stage next year.
Don’t necessarily disagree but if the toss up is Lobb fwd/ruck and Darcy defence or Darcy fwd/ruck and Keath or Gardner defence, im going the first option every time

No it's Sweet. And there's not that big a difference especially if Tim was willing to play ruck/forward like he should.
The selection table chose Khamis ahead of Sweet for one game, and Darcy is certainly ahead of him for the role we'd want (even trying to shoehorn him into a 4th forward spot during pre-season).
Sweet plays no 1 ruck if Timmy goes down, and that's it. Timmy's been healthy this year, so Sweet hasn't got his chance.

Lobb may need to be rested from time to time anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back