Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

I've had 2 numbers ending in 019 ring me as well this week. Is that the doggies trying to sell raffle tickets to me?
I don't answer unknown phone numbers so not a good fund raising tactic to use on me as I treat all unknown callers as probable scammers.
I literally just had one of those 019 this morning - also don’t answer them, and they didn’t leave a message. Just assumed it was a spam called
I've had 3 from that number in the past few days. On my old phone so wasn't answered.
At least i know who there're from now.

Pretty gutted we are going with Bevo again. Feels like a waste of a year and it hasn't even started.

I don't know, he doesn't strike me as the stubborn type, he might change his ways... 😂

Actually the way things are going he might do all the assistant jobs and the fitness job and just give them all a bash.

He knew he was under the pump and that we weren’t going well.
I reckon that’s why.

A shocking word to use.

A good coach knows how to motivate a team against a s**t side.
24 year member no longer, 4 membership gone until he goes as well as sugar daddy Grant, They the reason cant get good staff. Keep getting calls for raffle tickets . WTF going on ???

Down the campsite this weekend and speaking to someone, not a bulldogs man, and not quite an ITK but still quite connected to VFL football in the west, and for a very long time and knows a lot of players and ex players. His words were that all coaches he’s ever dealt with have very healthy ego’s, Bevo’s is at a level he has never encountered before. Doesn’t know when he’s cooked, doesn’t doubt himself at all. He also said Rohan Smith leaving shook the group, and that Bevo’s press conference was full of ‘crocodile tears’ for Rohan because he initiated it. ???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

24 year member no longer, 4 membership gone until he goes as well as sugar daddy Grant, They the reason cant get good staff. Keep getting calls for raffle tickets . WTF going on ???
I understand your frustration but please don't cancel your memberships. It took the club so long to get out of massive debt and fight off mergers etc. Nobody wants us to go back there. Plenty of other ways to voice and show your frustration.

I understand your frustration but please don't cancel your memberships. It took the club so long to get out of massive debt and fight off mergers etc. Nobody wants us to go back there. Plenty of other ways to voice and show your frustration.
I'm not having a go at you as I respect your comments but I would like to know the other ways we can show our frustration that will have an impact upon the decision makers.

And if he reads this forum, he'll know everyone hates him :'(
Knife GIF by Back Row Radio

I totally get that perspective, but the board has made some dreadful decisions in the last few years and although it shouldn’t listen to yobbos like us on forums it needs to understand the frustrations of normal supporters. It seems there is nowhere near enough real football experience on the board and nowhere near enough coaching experience, especially a former senior coach or two, on the coaching panel. This needs addressing.

I agree, I sent a detailed email addressed to Ameet and Kylie, and got a response from the guy who works in the membership department.

I signed up as a member for the first time in a year we won the wooden spoon, I have stuck with the club through thick and thin, but the last two years we have lost our way, and I really find no joy in barracking for this club at the moment.

So I'm guessing Brisbane will back this GF loss up by handing their midfield coaching line to an under 18s coach, and the keys to their forward line to an ex player who Fagan's mates with who has not had ANY coaching roles previous?

Wonder if the pies will shuffle around a winning formula for no reason

That was a great GF. We could never sustain the level of pressure required to win or stay close in that game.

Coaching philosophy needs to completely change - protect the ball and slow the game down when the opposition gain momentum is crucial. This is non existent in our game style.

Strength and fitness needs to be taken to another level.

Naughton to CHB
O'Donnell / Buzz 3rd tall defender
JUH, Lobb, Buku as our 3 tall forwards
Macrae to play as a defensive mid
Rotate Bont, Treloar, Smith, Libba more
Play Cleary, Bedendo, Gallagher etc

Shake it up Dogs. We can't be any worse than we were this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back