Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

The same Kane Cornes who still sticks to his mantra that the Bulldogs have a top 4 list like a barnacle underneath my yacht? Guys like him and all the other chirping barnacles have the advantage of time always proving them right because all players and coaches careers are finite. Just because he and others with a personal axe to grind are inevitably going to see the back of Beveridge doesn't make what they've said to be right. It just makes them beneficiaries of an industry that rewards mediocrity. Something that isn't afforded the people under their ever critical eye..
Cornes has to deal with the fact that Port Adelaide has not even made a GF let alone won a flag, with a coach who has been there longer than Bevo has been with us.

Cornes has to deal with the fact that Port Adelaide has not even made a GF let alone won a flag, with a coach who has been there longer than Bevo has been with us.
Bevo and Hinkley have also taken their respective clubs to the same amount of finals series. The only thing Hinkley has over Bevo is the home and away record, which seems to be enough to satisfy Cornes.

Bevo and Hinkley have also taken their respective clubs to the same amount of finals series. The only thing Hinkley has over Bevo is the home and away record, which seems to be enough to satisfy Cornes.
I think people might take Kane Cornes a hell of a lot more seriously if he had the ability to criticise his former club in the way he does others. Being inconsistent in what he says about Port as compared to the rest of the competition severly impacts his credibility.

How much better would Carlton be with Jones instead of Young? Jones and Weitering together right now in their current form would be impenetrable.
They had first crack at him yeah? Just decided to not bring him back.

Have you ever peeked at Carlton's match threads? There's a lot of "I never want to see Young in a Blues guernsey again". The description of him as "a giraffe on roller skates smoking a spliff" was great.
Young has been spudding it up and will probably be dropped again soon

• Dunkley was leaving no matter what, we played hard ball against Essendon and had nothing to fall back after his contract ended. He wanted to go north & made that very clear
  • Lipinski couldnt get a game, he decided to try elsewhere and now has a premiership to his name

Have you ever peeked at Carlton's match threads? There's a lot of "I never want to see Young in a Blues guernsey again". The description of him as "a giraffe on roller skates smoking a spliff" was great.

So, what you're really saying is that he'll end up being delisted by the Blues & back at the Dogs

Go ask Carlton supporters if they are happy they got young. He’s scared to do anything that you need to do to be a defender.
I have some mixed feelings with Lewis.
Ie I have nfi.
His first game was full of promise.
Did we not develop him as we should have..
Was or is he a very introverted lad that needed an injection of confidence and self belief.

I agree when watching him with ball in hand it can be tough on the supporters.

Hinkley equals the record for games coached without a Grand Final appearance this weekend.
They're the only fanbase in the competition who want their coach to move on as much as bulldog fans do.

They had first crack at him yeah? Just decided to not bring him back.
Jones loved the dogs, hated B-Mac by the end of it (which is fair enough based on one particularly harsh dressing down I heard about from B-Mac)

Dog help me but I'm watching that sh1t show on 9 while I write this. A pass mark is not whether we make finals or not. A pass mark is what Bevo leaves for the next coach .... next year.
Don't do it to yourself. I feel so much for not watching these soul sucking parasites, who love to perpetuate any perceived or otherwise misery, to make them feel better abou themselves. 😀

This best describes where the club and Bev are at.

At a February 12, 2002, news briefing, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld explained the limitations of intelligence reports

There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say, we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently he and Weitering had a falling out in pre season last year and basically told the coaches he can't play with him and since then he's been absolute shite for us.

For some reason whenever he plays our zone leaks like a sieve and when he doesn't it looks 10x better structurally. Not sure if it's a lack of communication on field from him or what but I know when Kemp and Marchbank play instead, despite being no more reliable than he is defensively, our zone just works far far better.
When Bob Murphy was on SEN, the subject of players who seem to have all the tools but just don’t do it came up. He alluded to Lewis Young (not completely directly), and said that some players, for whatever reason, seem unable to be where they should be in team/zone defences, and this causes all sorts of problems in defence for that team. I remember thinking that’s why the dogs let him go. It seems like he has the same issues at Carlton even though he has all the physical requirements to be an excellent defender.

Smashed on their home deck by 12 goals in a prelim after a nice rest . Kornes has never got over it and refuses to acknowledge port has a soft underbelly and will never win when it counts.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Smashed on their home deck by 12 goals in a prelim after a nice rest . Kornes has never got over it and refuses to acknowledge port has a soft underbelly and will never win when it counts.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Might be a tad more to it, actually.

Cornes was rather, err...confident re the PF.
Seems he'd set up a Grand Final package for Port fans, including flights, accom and tickets, and was advertising it to Power fans  before the PF. Apparently booked out, too.

How delicious is that? 😁

And Hinkley saved Cornes arse and kept his career going….hinkley holding that over him nicely. Cornes too scared to bag him

When Bob Murphy was on SEN, the subject of players who seem to have all the tools but just don’t do it came up. He alluded to Lewis Young (not completely directly), and said that some players, for whatever reason, seem unable to be where they should be in team/zone defences, and this causes all sorts of problems in defence for that team. I remember thinking that’s why the dogs let him go. It seems like he has the same issues at Carlton even though he has all the physical requirements to be an excellent defender.
Is that the same as what we are seeing with Buku?

Freo seems a perfect fit for Bev who probably wants a change of scenery and to escape his sons modelling career. Bob will advocate for him surely

We also had an offer on the table for Lipinski to remain at the club. He chose to leave instead of force his way into what at the time was one of the games most stable and competitive midfields. He didn't care for a role on the wing or half forward with stints in the middle. A place he thought was his birthright. The irony is that he plays essentially the same 4-5 mid rotation role at Collingwood that he didn't want to play with the dogs. Im guessing that they reshaped his thinking in a way that we couldn't.

Generally agree with the rest of your post but this part isn’t accurate. Lipinski was basically permanently dropped from half way through 2021, in favour of Scott, Garcia, Vandermeer, etc. He just wanted games, not a specific position.

Yeah his new Brissy deal was offering him more money than the expiring deal, but our new offer to him would have been in the same ballpark as well. Dunks is a weird cat who Brissy turned into a tagger last year but he seems to be happy (to be fair his game against Gold Coast was epic).
I think once we blocked his move to Essendon (where he was offered nearly Bont level money) he was always going to leave. He apparently spoke to Essendon again and Port in 2022.

I think once we blocked his move to Essendon (where he was offered nearly Bont level money) he was always going to leave. He apparently spoke to Essendon again and Port in 2022.
The coincidence of him speaking to the 3 clubs we beat to go into the 2021 grand final has never not been funny to me.

And the fact they had a home final in 2021, with a week off sleeping in their own bed, and Bevo came to town and embarrassed them siren to siren.

Then they missed the eight the next year.

Yet apparently Bevo is the one that must go, while Port has to back Hinkley in.

If he didn’t have double standards he’d have no standards.

The coincidence of him speaking to the 3 clubs we beat to go into the 2021 grand final has never not been funny to me.
Oh totally. Let’s pick a team with a better culture by picking three sides we rolled when it was all on the line.

That’s why I think the culture angle was always a deflection. He was miffed we didn’t let him chase the cash and didn’t let it go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back