Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

It's what you got to do to a) support your employee with some over the top media criticism that's gone beyond the realities of whats on field and b) its realistically what's going to happen this early into the season. Of course we're going to back the coach, when the alternative is 15 games of coaching from an interim coach from our band of assistants.

It's what you got to do to a) support your employee with some over the top media criticism that's gone beyond the realities of whats on field and b) its realistically what's going to happen this early into the season. Of course we're going to back the coach, when the alternative is 15 games of coaching from an interim coach from our band of assistants.
Well who's fault is it that they're the ones we pick an interim out of?
I think KWW, Bains and Grant have a lot to answer for, and I think they know this and that is a major reason why they're trying to paper over cracks.

Well who's fault is it that they're the ones we pick an interim out of?
I think KWW, Bains and Grant have a lot to answer for, and I think they know this and that is a major reason why they're trying to paper over cracks.

I just found the KWW e-mail to be a cop out.

It's like she (and the Board and exec) have picked their horse in the race and they're backing it in all the way and will throw whatever and whoever under the bus to save face.

How many of us think this sort of thing happened in the rooms after Sunday?

About as likely as Bigfoot wandering down Flinders Street in broad daylight.

And that's the problem.

Soft. Sometimes you need a rocket and by heck, we need a huge one right now. On and off field (including the board and executive).

There is an internal message and an external one. How do you know he didn’t give them an absolute blast behind closed doors? You don’t….

But of course in the big footy world - opinion is fact. Perhaps the players who supposedly want to leave have been smashed. I wouldn’t know and neither would you.

I can’t recall Allan Jeans bagging his players in public. Do you want him to go all Pitiful Pittman and go through the whole list and bag every one of them , or support them in a public forum?

Give me a break…

Am I happy with the way the team is performing? Of course not. But I am not dreaming up how Bevo is treating his players behind closed doors.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Feels like everything is disjointed and off.

Recruiting and drafting doesn’t seem totally cohesive and in line with the coaches expectations.

Corporate can’t make up their mind wether we are top four or backing Bevo through a rebuild.

Bevo is not getting the best out of the players who in turn look flat and lost.

The club should add up to a greater sum than its parts but we are in nowhere land with mixed messages aplenty.

To me that all adds up to a lack of strong leadership at the top.

I think some heat now needs to be directed at the players. Their body language was half assed and lazy, whilst Hawks were up and about.
Yeah we can flame both the coach and the players and frankly I think too much has gone to the former.

It’s a cop out to say it’s his job to motivate them. Why aren’t they motivated themselves?

If they’re bad enough he’ll get sacked but so should some of them.

Yeah we can flame both the coach and the players and frankly I think too much has gone to the former.

It’s a cop out to say it’s his job to motivate them. Why aren’t they motivated themselves?

If they’re bad enough he’ll get sacked but so should some of them.
Yeah why on earth do our team look so nonchalant? Outside of maybe Bont/Libba/Naughton/Cody and a few fringe players like Baker/Clarke/Bramble/VDM our boys seem to stroll around without a care in the world more than any other team in the league

Even hacks like McNeil and Poulter have atrocious body language at times

English/Daniel/Dale/Richards are the worst for it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah why on earth do our team look so nonchalant? Outside of maybe Bont/Libba/Naughton/Cody and a few fringe players like Baker/Clarke/Bramble/VDM our boys seem to stroll around without a care in the world more than any other team in the league

Even hacks like McNeil and Poulter have atrocious body language at times

English/Daniel/Dale/Richards are the worst for it
Buckley singled out Jack Macrae for a particularly bad effort failing to man a player up before they kicked a goal (and said it explains why he’s on the nose).

I tend to listen to him because he’s a recent coach who isn’t there for performative nonsense and clicks.

The question is whether they aren’t trying or aren’t fit. It certainly shouldn’t be fitness. They had an early start to preseason and we haven’t had many injuries.

Recruiting and drafting doesn’t seem totally cohesive and in line with the coaches expectations.

Corporate can’t make up their mind wether we are top four or backing Bevo through a rebuild.

The club should add up to a greater sum than its parts but we are in nowhere land with mixed messages aplenty.

I think rumors of Grant & Bevo butting heads have a bit of truth. Maybe Egan will put a bit of Cohesion back in place. I mean he's meant to out Rank Bevo as Grant's assistant.

Buckley singled out Jack Macrae for a particularly bad effort failing to man a player up before they kicked a goal (and said it explains why he’s on the nose).

I tend to listen to him because he’s a recent coach who isn’t there for performative nonsense and clicks.

The question is whether they aren’t trying or aren’t fit. It certainly shouldn’t be fitness. They had an early start to preseason and we haven’t had many injuries.
It could be that dogs fitness levels were further behind than first thought. Macrae was outed as the one with the least fitness levels with an interrupted preseason and having to come back via VFL.

Hence why confusion reigns at the Kennel

Need some strong football people in the important posts at rhe club

It could be that dogs fitness levels were further behind than first thought. Macrae was outed as the one with the least fitness levels with an interrupted preseason and having to come back via VFL.
Macrae might have an excuse to a point if he’s underdone.

But for the others they have means to measure their progress. They’d have to know how fit they are.

It’s all pretty strange.

Hard workers are happy workers
Motivated workers are happy workers
Winning makes players happy
Losing makes them sad
It becomes a downward spiral .

Apparently every day is a fresh hell from the script of ‘Summer Heights High ‘ behind the scenes , if rumours are to be believed .

But everything in sport stops at the door of management, that’s the way it is . You live and die by winning & losing .

Many’s a coach must have taken a look at his tired, dispirited players trudging off after their tenth defeat in a row, and knew the game was up .

Then next year he watched the same bunch of pricks go and put in a ten match winning streak for the new coach .

Is it fair ? No . You can get rid of a few bad apples in the playing group , but it all comes down to the man at the top.

Hard workers are happy workers
Motivated workers are happy workers
Winning makes players happy
Losing makes them sad
It becomes a downward spiral .

Apparently every day is a fresh hell from the script of ‘Summer Heights High ‘ behind the scenes , if rumours are to be believed .

But everything in sport stops at the door of management, that’s the way it is . You live and die by winning & losing .

Many’s a coach must have taken a look at his tired, dispirited players trudging off after their tenth defeat in a row, and knew the game was up .

Then next year he watched the same bunch of pricks go and put in a ten match winning streak for the new coach .

Is it fair ? No . You can get rid of a few bad apples in the playing group , but it all comes down to the man at the top.
To become a head coach of a professional football club you’ve already had some degree of success. As in professional sports as a player, anything is a bonus and you have to be realistic about your position in the organisation, no matter how successful you’ve been in the past. As an organisation you owe your employees dignity always, but all have to know your time can and should be finished as soon as it is apparent you can’t improve the organisation.

Boom, exactly.

Roughly 3 years ago, Bailey Williams was having stern words to Bevo whilst on the bench, of which Bevo was receiving, of course. It was when things weren't going our way. I assume Bevo was empowering Williams/being professional.

Bailey Williams has been a fraudulent AFL player over this time, a big part of our next core, but largely dissapointing/inconsistent/mentally weak, after that grand final. While somehow avoiding an axe that came for Macrae and Daniel.

I was always Williams fan, and thought I’d been vindicated in 2021 when he had a great year. Unfortunately the GF had a massive impact and he’s not been the same player since.

There are a number of bulldogs players who aren’t putting in enough effort, but he’s number one imo. At the Essendon game I was genuinely surprised at how little he chased and how easy he just gave up on the opposition player and tried to hand him off. It doesn’t come through as much on tv, at the ground it’s borderline disgusting to watch. The fact he’s still being picked betrays a lack of consistent standards at the club imo, he should have been in the VFL weeks ago.

Apart from Duryea - who tries hard but is cooked - I don’t think there are any medium/small defenders who’re playing AFL for us that actually, you know, defend.

Bang on. Lack of alignment at all levels, and that starts from the top

It's never as good as it seems, it's never as bad as it seems. Things obviously aren't going great right now on multiple fronts but the sky isn't falling in.

I was always Williams fan, and thought I’d been vindicated in 2021 when he had a great year. Unfortunately the GF had a massive impact and he’s not been the same player since.

There are a number of bulldogs players who aren’t putting in enough effort, but he’s number one imo. At the Essendon game I was genuinely surprised at how little he chased and how easy he just gave up on the opposition player and tried to hand him off. It doesn’t come through as much on tv, at the ground it’s borderline disgusting to watch. The fact he’s still being picked betrays a lack of consistent standards at the club imo, he should have been in the VFL weeks ago.

Apart from Duryea - who tries hard but is cooked - I don’t think there are any medium/small defenders who’re playing AFL for us that actually, you know, defend.
Need to bring in a few. There are a bunch coming out of contract that could be handy. Hardwick, Bews, Scrimshaw, Melican, Duggan, Cumming as a start. Need to draft a couple and use FA to grab a couple to improve things back there. Coffield being out injured also weakened things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back