Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Garcia or Gallagher will go for Libba. Garcia is an inside mid and I don’t see the point in playing him as a small forward only as we have done over the last two weeks. Gallagher had a great start to the season but has tailed off significantly and needs a spell in the VFL, definitely worth persisting with though.

Macrae’s new role of playing 100% forward but coming up to each and every stoppage has a been a winner to date and I can’t see us changing that anytime soon, especially considering he got votes on the weekend.

As long as Richards is at half back when he isnt in the centre. Don't want to see him standing around in the forward line waiting for his 4 CBAs, if that were the plan I'd rather him return to the backline full time.
Not sure half back to mid is a good rotation, would be mentally and physically difficult. Particularly given Ed is becoming a great point of difference in our mid mix.

Are there examples of front line mids rotating through half back regularly?

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Garcia or Gallagher will go for Libba. Garcia is an inside mid and I don’t see the point in playing him as a small forward only as we have done over the last two weeks. Gallagher had a great start to the season but has tailed off significantly and needs a spell in the VFL, definitely worth persisting with though.

Macrae’s new role of playing 100% forward but coming up to each and every stoppage has a been a winner to date and I can’t see us changing that anytime soon, especially considering he got votes on the weekend.
Garcia currently is a better option as a small forward than Clark, Jones etc. Like West he just needs time.

Given in 3 qtrs he had 13 possions including 6 contested playing as a forward who are you dropping for?

Those are better numbers than any alternatives

Not sure half back to mid is a good rotation, would be mentally and physically difficult. Particularly given Ed is becoming a great point of difference in our mid mix.

Are there examples of front line mids rotating through half back regularly?

Pendles & naicos did it successfully at the Pies, Sheezel does it at the roos and Butler has done it at St.k, those are the first to come to mind

Garcia currently is a better option as a small forward than Clark, Jones etc. Like West he just needs time.

Given in 3 qtrs he had 13 possions including 6 contested playing as a forward who are you dropping for?

Those are better numbers than any alternatives

I think it will be a straight swap for Libba who will spend more time forward but also rotate through the midfield (unlike Macrae currently). I'm not saying I like it, but I think that is how we'll go when Libba comes back (assuming no further injuries to any other players).

Pendles & naicos did it successfully at the Pies, Sheezel does it at the roos and Butler has done it at St.k, those are the first to come to mind
Can't remember Pendles but didn't Naicos start off half back then move to the middle and not do that as a rotation? Same for Sheezel? I pay no attention to anything St Kilda does so that may be the case for Butler

I think it will be a straight swap for Libba who will spend more time forward but also rotate through the midfield (unlike Macrae currently). I'm not saying I like it, but I think that is how we'll go when Libba comes back (assuming no further injuries to any other players).
Garcia has better pace for the role and Libba is more a pure mid. Will be interesting to see what we do

Amazing what a couple wins does. I for one thought Bevo should go at the end of the season after the hawks loss. This still maybe the case at seasons end but at the moment there is hope where 2 weeks ago we were gone.

We know we have the marking forwards to cause damage if we get the game on our terms the challenge is to get the game on our terms. A win against the swans and we really start to believe. Funny game this footy so many ups and downs a bit like my golf game.

concussion dr: So libba, how do you feel?
libba: yeah , nah, made a 100 at the MCG
concussion dr: seems back to normal to me
There is no way in the wide world that Libba is going to give up footy easily.

Maybe a return after the bye? - they are still saying a few weeks.

Amazing what a couple wins does. I for one thought Bevo should go at the end of the season after the hawks loss. This still maybe the case at seasons end but at the moment there is hope where 2 weeks ago we were gone.

We know we have the marking forwards to cause damage if we get the game on our terms the challenge is to get the game on our terms. A win against the swans and we really start to believe. Funny game this footy so many ups and downs a bit like my golf game.
We've been here a few times before and ended up terribly disappointed. Two matches is not much to go by. One was a big win but against arguably the weakest team on recent form in the AFL. The win against the Giants however was more encouraging.

I agree there have been some small but positive signs in the way we are playing - I have posted a couple of times on this recently.

Let's just see if we can sustain it - or even improve on it - right through to August.

Last edited:

Very Optimistic.

Good thing to be, but fear you're going early.

We are desperate for a win to really frank the form and re-establish some belief and trust. Ironically, we need a win like the one v Swans in 2015 "mark this date down Dogs fans"

Could be Thursday, but I am feeling so burnt and bitter about Bevo's tenure, we might need a couple of them on the run home, then a huge finals tilt to turn me around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only reporting here because I saw his name mentioned in this thread.
SEN reporting that Leppitsch is being linked to St. Kilda in a tactical & strategy role beside Ross Lyon.

Are we the only club that complies with the soft cap?

I would try Libba as a Matty Boyd style sweeper. His ball use with a little time and space would be a weapon and his leadership, competitiveness and footy IQ would be valuable to the backline mix.

Feel like he could give us a couple of great years down back, but realistically is a game to game proposition in the guts.

Sorry, that video is bullshit. It removes context behind why Bevo is criticised as a shitty defence. It’s also hard to take a video seriously when they try and claim Bevo has “over preformed”.
Sorry what? The video is an analysis on Kane Cornes and how he treats club A vs club B..

Sorry what? The video is an analysis on Kane Cornes and how he treats club A vs club B..

Obviously Cornes has it in for Bevo, but that doesnt invalidate everything he says. Personally I think all the heat from various sources has had a positive effect on Bevs performance (obviously not just the media directly, but the indirect effect of public opinion on the fans and hence the board, which then flows thru to actions such as reviews)

Bev has finally changed up the game plan to follow the more successful teams. (Ideally you want your coach to lead innovation, not be late to the party). And he doesnt look like he has a huge chip on his shoulder any more in press conferences.

I think finally hes now pulled his head in a bit, realizes hes not infallible, and hes 'just' the coach - not the PR person, recruiter and bottle washer all rolled into one.

The premise of the video is trying to devalue Kane’s criticisms of Bevo by claiming he is bias. How do you not know the premise the video you cited?

The premise of the video is trying to devalue Kane’s criticisms of Bevo by claiming he is bias. How do you not know the premise the video you cited?
The premise of the video is using examples of Kane's criticisms towards Bevo and the Western Bulldogs and comparing them to his criticisms against Ken Hinkley and Port Adelaide. The reason I cited it has nothing to do with whether or not Bevo can or can't actually coach. Which is why I'm confused as to why you're replying to me saying the video uses bad context. It was never posted to defend Bevo, it was posted to compare Kane's commentary.

In fact, if you took a moment to actually look at the post I was replying to (which I can only assume is beyond you), it was simply in response to somebody asking whether Kane Cornes addresses Ken Hinkley/Port Adelaide in his media roles and if he does, how he approaches it. The video shows the conflict Kane has.

Whether you or I feel the defenses in the video towards Bevo are valid or not is completely irrelevant. The facts are that Bevo has been a better coach than Ken over the duration of their senior coaching careers and Kane (whether his criticisms of Bevo are right, wrong or indifferent) fails to commentate on both with any form of consistency.

Obviously Cornes has it in for Bevo, but that doesnt invalidate everything he says. Personally I think all the heat from various sources has had a positive effect on Bevs performance (obviously not just the media directly, but the indirect effect of public opinion on the fans and hence the board, which then flows thru to actions such as reviews)

Bev has finally changed up the game plan to follow the more successful teams. (Ideally you want your coach to lead innovation, not be late to the party). And he doesnt look like he has a huge chip on his shoulder any more in press conferences.

I think finally hes now pulled his head in a bit, realizes hes not infallible, and hes 'just' the coach - not the PR person, recruiter and bottle washer all rolled into one.
Just to be clear - I am not saying that all of Kanes views are invalid. I posted the video in response to somebody asking how Kane approaches Port Adelaide and Ken Hinkley.

The confusion is that there are a lot of similarities between Ken Hinkley and Luke Beveridge and the video highlights simply how conflicted Kane is when sharing his views on each. Nothing more, nothing less.

Thank you for posting this. Professional content
Ta someone posted it last week but good stuff as Bald is saying the point is to show his bias not to praise Bevo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back