News Gabba Upgrade & Olympics News

Remove this Banner Ad

First post at the bottom of the second article.

“As long as the East Brisbane School is not demolished or changed”.
Does Parkland and Koalas trump a small school?

I guess that is why they added this paragragraph to the article.

1711573909838.png

Would have been excited about this 2 weeks ago, but now its just a waiting game until October.

I do honestly think that the Gabba is the best site for our main stadium (I am not sold on the VIC Park option) and even if this doesn’t go ahead as proposed in the article above I think we will get a staged re-build at the Gabba at some point, maybe in 20 years.
But it is also madness that it not be done whilst IOC and Feseral funding is available.
Not particularly keen on the team being kicked out for an extended period of time.

Just don't invite Johnny, heard he might call the cops.
Super Troopers Police GIF

Friend sent me this this morning of Miles on Today yesterday. He speaks like a freaking kid with what he does with his hands. It is so laughable that this clown is even remotely a Premier let alone the office kid topping up the tea and coffee in office. The bar is so ridiculously low of who people are willing let be premiers anymore.

I do honestly think that the Gabba is the best site for our main stadium (I am not sold on the VIC Park option) and even if this doesn’t go ahead as proposed in the article above I think we will get a staged re-build at the Gabba at some point, maybe in 20 years.
But it is also madness that it not be done whilst IOC and Feseral funding is available.
Not particularly keen on the team being kicked out for an extended period of time.
I agree the Gabba is the best site especially when the Wooloongabba rail station is completed along with Brisbane Metro.
However, they need to find a way to keep the intersection of Main and Stanley Street open at all times to keep buses running.
Having Brisbane Metro plus the other usual suburban buses and not being able to use them is a big issue in my opinion.

Also, many businesses would rely heavily on the foot traffic generated on game days of AFL and Cricket.
For a lot of sports fans spending time and money at these places is part of the overall sports experience.
Lang Park has Caxton Street.

I am not sold on Victoria Park either.
It appears at present the ALP & LNP are against a new stadium anywhere, including Victoria Park.
However, it is the best option to build a new stadium that would not be a white elephant while still being able to use The Gabba.

The Victoria Park location does not have anything close to a Caxton Street or Wooloongabba thriving hospitality precinct.
Actually, it has nothing at all.
They would have to hope for a "if we build it they will come".
In the meantime, it would be a nice walk for sports fans.

Friend sent me this this morning of Miles on Today yesterday. He speaks like a freaking kid with what he does with his hands. It is so laughable that this clown is even remotely a Premier let alone the office kid topping up the tea and coffee in office. The bar is so ridiculously low of who people are willing let be premiers anymore.

First time I have heard the guy speak or watched him in action ... not exactly oozing gravitas, oratorical skill, rhetorical nuance or leadership is he :thoughtballoon:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they don't have multiple reports that all say the same thing for no reason, the report also said if you're an able bodied person you're impression and viewing of the Gabba is fine
When BT was roving in the Pies rooms after the game I was shocked by how small they were, the tall players were literally having to duck to not hit their head on pipes, etc.

Last edited:
Hen BT was roving in the Pies rooms after the game I was shocked by how small they were, the tall players were literally having to duck to not hit their head on pipes, etc.
You aren't suggesting that Roaming Brian actually provided some useful data are you!!! 😲

When BT was roving in the Pies rooms after the game I was shocked by how small they were, the tall players were literally having to duck to not hit their head on pipes, etc.
Those pipes don't need replacing they are fine for another 20 years

In summary ....

ALP/LNP join together for an "Olympic truce" - no work, planning or contract signings to be done on the "controversial" QSAC, Suncorp, Gabba until after the election

Roma Street Brisbane Arena & other venues can begin planning and work before the election

hopefully the coal price skyrockets following baltimore bridge collapse (as that port is huge for US exports of coal), and the state rakes in the money, gets another 6-10b surplus (second largest ever for any state after qld's last one which is a clear record) and the put aside a few billion into a bank account to pay upfront for the infrastructure needed based on a one off boom (which is what WA has been doing for a decade)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back