Review GBU vs Wobbles - Rd 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Really good post and wanted to talk about a couple of your points.

This fear of failure one is massive. Early in the season we got spooked by turnovers. Players even spoke about us rushing and moving the ball too quickly.

We 'fixed' the turnover problem by going sideways and shorter. If in any doubt just going long down the line. Chip chip chip. Has stymied any attacking flair.

We could have 'fixed' the problem in more proactive ways. Prioritising better skilled players, retaining a better structure ahead of the ball, 'anchoring' the back 3-4 as insurance against turnover. Instead we just eliminated all fast, risky movement that relies upon skill.

This is spot on. Feels like it's every man for himself at the moment - on and off the field. Pressure is on the individual. Team be damned.
Yep it’s dammed. They need a massive clean out of older guys who carry most of the burden, memories. I love Tex but we would be better if he wasn’t around next year

Pykes press conference even more underwhelming than normal.

"super disappointing..."

"Weren't able to get our game going.."

"Need to get better..."

"Reality is... need to compete longer"

"Out of our control now... need to win next week and see from there.."

"Thought we were in game at half time..."

"tried to change some things at half time... not sure why it didn't click"

"getting the balance right"

Spin, waffle, faff...... Christ almighty.
Should listen to himself... because he is the one picking an unbalanced side!

These players which are letting you down you keep backing them in... & wonders why they continue mediocre performances when he allows them to get away with it with no consequences.

The culture of our the club does little the address mediocrity & he wonders why the same old crap performances keep occurring....

Yep it’s dammed. They need a massive clean out of older guys who carry most of the burden, memories. I love Tex but we would be better if he wasn’t around next year
At least not captain. Give him and Sloane some me time.

Talia captain for a couple of seasons while Doedee, O'Brien and hopefully Milera, Fogarty develop.

Jones went into the middle in the last quarter when we were 12 goals down.

I also saw poor old Eddie chasing their mids a few times as they were streaming forward (while ours were jogging in a group in the centre square).
The bounce prior to Jones, Smith went in the middle.

We sure know how to mix things up when it's too late!

Feel that they were a big loss.

Take Jackson Edwards. Not good enough, destined to be delisted regardless

But I doubt he would have walked away thinking the club didn't give a stuff about him if Stewart and Jonas had been overseeing his development.

Nailed it.

Jenkins recently caught up with Burton as you ‘catch up with the head honchos every now and then’.

Eddie when asked about the selection policy ‘I’m not really sure’.

All points to a complete lack of open and transparent communication, no wonder we can’t attract players and coaches.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Roo kept banging on about changes needed after HT. None came

He mentioned the fact there were zero changes made after a diabolical first half. Surely he realises that a sweep is needed? Or is he too self serving?

Such an amazing player, i don't want his legacy tarnished.....But it's heading that way
No point having Directors who can't have the hard discussions when needed... because they are dealing with a good mate.

Have completely ruined Milera. Last season's aggression, overhead marking, elusive powering out of trouble, have all but disappeared. Why? I doubt it's because Milera decided to regress.
Bung should means has impacted on both marking & tackling.

Should have settled him mainly in 1 role.

No point having Directors who can't have the hard discussions when needed... because they are dealing with a good mate.
Was a weird comment when Ricciuto got asked during commentary why Don goes down to the bench 5 minutes into quarters

"I don't know."

Would have thought there'd be some chat at the club about that stuff. You obviously don't want board members peering over shoulders, back seat coaching. But I'd have thought that link would need to be a strong one.

Do Ricciuto and Pyke have a close relationship?

Fog gave Lynch the death stare as Tom ran past him after giving up on a defensive chase.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Really should be checking the GPS numbers as the lack of running by many of our players like Lynch was evident again this week.

We struggle to move the ball out of defence because many of our players are stagnant offering nothing. There is a real lack of repeat efforts, which extends to tacking. Compare to this Richmond v Weagles game & it's chalk & cheese.

Was a weird comment when Ricciuto got asked during commentary why Don goes down to the bench 5 minutes into quarters

"I don't know."

Would have thought there'd be some chat at the club about that stuff. You obviously don't want board members peering over shoulders, back seat coaching. But I'd have thought that link would need to be a strong one.

A very good mate of mine knows Richard Fennell one of the current board members.

My mate bailed him up and asked some hard questions and what Fennell said was along the liens of the following:

"Dont think Pyke has lost the players"

"No knee jerk reactions whilst finals still a chance"

"Everyone is frustrated and disappointed"

"Measured considered change needed, back the right people in"

So there you go. Its classic Crows.

"I don't know."

Don't know, but I suspect relationships are fractioning as the club are not together pulling the same direction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A very good mate of mine knows Richard Fennell one of the current board members.

My mate bailed him up and asked some hard questions and what Fennell said was along the liens of the following:

Haha. That reads almost word for word part of Fagans reply to me.

Please tell me he brought up Burton

It's just a BS club script... but I'm not buying it!

I refused to watch the game today, knowing this would happen .....when did supporters start exiting on mass ?

I'll give myself credit for not leaving at half time, instead I decided to exit at 3 quarter time. What an ugly spectacle of a game this club has served up for 22 rounds.

Chapman, Fagan, Roo and Burton should have been at some of the entry gates to the ground to kiss the ass of each suporter that wasted their time to come and watch the rubbish this club has served up this year.

I'll give myself credit for not leaving at half time, instead I decided to exit at 3 quarter time. What an ugly spectacle of a game this club has served up for 22 rounds.

Chapman, Fagan, Roo and Burton should have been at some of the entry gates to the ground to kiss the ass of each suporter that wasted their time to come and watch the rubbish this club has served up this year.
The two worst games I've seen the Crows play are the two CARL games in Melbourne .....I love footy, but not currently

Don't mind getting beaten, but give me a contest, give me hope for the future .....I'm seeing nothing to inspire me for the future

The two worst games I've sen the Crows play ar the two CARL games in Melbourne .....I love footy, but not currently

Don't mind getting beatn, but give me a contest, give me hope for the future .....I'm seeing nothing to inspire me for the future

The tone of what this club was going to serve up in 2019 was their from round 1.
Round 22 and nothing has changed.

Keep hearing Pyke is smart. Well his game plan has been diabolical all year with no change.
His credits are gone and I dont want him here next year.....along with a host of other assistants and I want a competant and skilled Head of footy ops, not the garbage we currently have.

The tone of what this club was going to serve up in 2019 was their from round 1.
Round 22 and nothing has changed.

Keep hearing Pyke is smart. Well his game plan has been diabolical all year with no change.
His credits are gone and I dont want him here next year.....along with a host of other assistants and I want a competant and skilled Head of footy ops, not the garbage we currently have.
To be fair , it's obvious the club tried to address the lack of pace, at last years National Draft

But they paid the price for the same mistake too many clubs make .....they misread where they were positioned on the Premiership Clock

Should have started working towards 2020 after the byes .....we already knew at that point, we were not a flag contender ....should have played more kids

But still ....something happened within th club over the byes ....that is a known

To be fair , it's obvious the club tried to address the lack of pace, at last years National Draft

But they paid the price for the same mistake too many clubs make .....they misread where they were positioned on the Premiership Clock

Should have started working towards 2020 after the byes .....we already knew at that point, we were not a flag contender ....should have played more kids

But still ....something happened within th club over the byes ....that is a known
They went round to Burtons for a barbie and he charged whilst he showed his highlights whilst he played the Richmond song

They went round to Burtons for a barbie and he charged whilst he showed his highlights whilst he played the Richmond song
Burton is the common link to two of our worse years in over a decade

Hart looks like a "mechanical" coach .....full of cliches, and vry little motivation or creativity

Godden I don't know enough about

Our DEF has been great, considering the avalanche coming down

The problem is definitely not just the players .....they are the sickness, but they're not the original virus

Remove this Banner Ad

Back