Review Geelong beat tiggers by 3 points

Remove this Banner Ad

With respect that's a poor call - Menegola is an endurance beast with a lot of weapons.
This is game 2 from a long lay off , not unusual to play a bit sore even though he made some crucial plays in the last 1/4.
I don't know what game you are watching but he's definitely not soft my friend :p
Well contested possession says he played soft today.
Also the game I watched today I saw Menegola getting left in the dust all day, he has always been slow and appears to be even slower.
He is a massive defensive liability, offers no defense pressure at all.

Well contested possession says he played soft today.
Also the game I watched today I saw Menegola getting left in the dust all day, he has always been slow and appears to be even slower.
He is a massive defensive liability, offers no defense pressure at all.
He's smart, and when he's fit, Menegola is a 2 prong attack.

Poor guy must be all knocked out from the game
Even from a Geelong supporters standpoint, I feel the same way. We won over an hour ago and I still don’t feel an ounce of happiness over what was arguably Chris Scott’s best win as coach excluding the 2011 grand final.

We didn’t lose I know but the thing is I can handle losing. What pissed me off tonight was the fact that we play these ‘home’ games away to a genuine home team when we’d have belted them at home. Football is no good for my mental health at this point because we are so badly disadvantaged. The only team in world sport. This sport means a lot to me and my interest has never waned yet I’m finding myself wondering whether to walk away entirely.

I don’t know how much longer I can do this because it’s bringing me down (factoring in with more important real life issues) to the point where I want to ring Lifeline.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great game, lots of positives and negatives. Actually loved Stewart’s bump on meatball and the general early attack on ball and player. We need that aggression over 4 quarters if we want to win the flag. Still some upside with danger to come back and Hawkins won’t play like that again.
I really hope the MC can be brave and leave Kolo out he’s had enough chances that he needs to take the punishment for a poor performance. He consistently costs us goals. I’d also leave O’Connor out but I’m not sure what options there are to replace him.
Who played on Jack Riewoldt and kept him scoreless?

Even from a Geelong supporters standpoint, I feel the same way. We won over an hour ago and I still don’t feel an ounce of happiness over what was arguably Chris Scott’s best win as coach excluding the 2011 grand final.

We didn’t lose I know but the thing is I can handle losing. What pissed me off tonight was the fact that we play these ‘home’ games away to a genuine home team when we’d have belted them at home. Football is no good for my mental health at this point because we are so badly disadvantaged. The only team in world sport. This sport means a lot to me and my interest has never waned yet I’m finding myself wondering whether to walk away entirely.

I don’t know how much longer I can do this because it’s bringing me down (factoring in with more important real life issues) to the point where I want to ring Lifeline.

Don't hesitate. Call them.

The media are all singing from the same 4 - 6 week hmyn book for Stewart it seems
Makes no sense it’s clearly intentional High High 3 weeks. There is no argument it could be severe, but the Geelong penalty always adds an extra week or two to our suspensions. Whenever it’s time to make an example it always seems to be a Geelong player.

Makes no sense it’s clearly intentional High High 3 weeks. There is no argument it could be severe, but the Geelong penalty always adds an extra week or two to our suspensions. Whenever it’s time to make an example it always seems to be a Geelong player b

It'll go straight to the Tribunal.

It'll go straight to the Tribunal.
Yes I’m aware that’s what the media is angling for, but I am saying it’s blatantly wrong. It’s a 3 week suspension by the AFLs own metric but they will bullshit to make it longer.

Yes I’m aware that’s what the media is angling for, but I am saying it’s blatantly wrong. It’s a 3 week suspension by the AFLs own metric but they will bullshit to make it longer.

It'll go to the Tribunal because a) it'll be classified as 'severe' and b) they'll want to make an example of him.

I thought he kept his elbow tucked in which might be the difference in a high / severe grading.
But if it goes to the tribunal it's up in the air as the grading goes out the window I guess. So who knows

I get it, it's frustrating but if we looknat it holistically then maybe we can turn that frown upside down.

For one it's a game. Sure we barrack, cheer etc for our team and want success (because who doesn't love the summer premiership afterglow), but it's still a game and there needs to be equal amounts of hope and pragmatism to get through a whole season.

We don't win Grand Finals at Kardinia. We beat the "home team" on their "home ground". We beat them with a few down on the day too. We look like there's a chance the mustered cattle could do well finals wise.

It's a game. Games can be fun if you do not invest too much into it (albeit a loss on a Friday ruins the whole weekend dammit).

We are not someone like St Kilda who haven't won in half a century or more - we win, we have had recent success and it ebbs and flows.

I bought my first pair of geelong footy socks in 33 years this week. My other pair a still going (though all that time worn at least once a week, countless footy training sessions etc) ... They were/are my lucky socks. They've ridden the highs and lows with me.

Buy yourself a pair of socks.

Enjoy the game.

Have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back