Geelong robbed you.

Remove this Banner Ad

You were the best team today but klike Sam Newman said and has been saying all year the team that kicks accuratley will win the game you had heaps more inside 50s and more scoring shots. Geelong probably only havce one more year of playing really good footy then they will start to drop of quite a bit and i sure as hell hope that they dont win it again.

The ball(from the man child) definaltly hit the post, but will that bald head tosser(mc ****wit) ever get a big game agian(after double free kick), jeez I hope not, but these things have a way of sorting themselves out.....Cats win, as it should be.....

Saints should have got up, they were the best team all day and blew some shots they should've kicked.

Yeah, Bosk - just like Geelong against your team Hawthorn in last year's GF :mad: Anyway, congrats on your game today Saints - I have no doubt you will be right up there next year and will probably win it. Geelong supporters can empathize with your pain - hang in there - your time will come and soon.

We didn't get robbed. We choked. It was a wet game and that killed our tall advantage. Dawson was too tall and shouldn't have played over Max. Worst coaching selection decision ever.

Worst post ever.

FFS mate, get a clue.

As if its a walk up start to even make the four next year, this year was handed to us on a plate, and we shat on it.

Next year every team starts level.

Whatever happened to showing a little grace & modesty?
I'm not seeing a whole lot of that from Geelong supporters as the trolls in this thread indicate. Heck, they've even been trolling the Hawthorn board like crazy.
Some people are just incapable of handling success I suppose.

I'm not seeing a whole lot of that from Geelong supporters as the trolls in this thread indicate. Heck, they've even been trolling the Hawthorn board like crazy.

Geelong supporters should just be happy with the win, well done Saints on a great, great game.

Hawks were worse last year but I do agree Geelong supporters need to re-think some of the stuff that is being posted (I mean it's not like Saints played like Port in 07).

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Just look ack bat your stupid self and some of your fellow supporters this year.

Geelong fans in general have a lot of respect for St Kilda and despite winning, we share the pain that Saints fans are going through.

I hope the Saints smash your bloody Hawks next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dawson, Raph Clarke, Milne, Schnieder....

All of these guys were exposed.

This was just terrible. I was behind the Saints all day and I nearly felt as shattered as I did when I was at the 05 GF. I really hope the Saints give it the best next year.

Both teams had plenty of passengers on the day, but the problem for St Kilda was their plan when things were going wrong was just to look to their stars and not use the other guys. Riewoldt wanted so desperately to take a big grab and make up for his poor day that he ended up spoiling teammates in the process. Milne and Schneider missed easy shots, and Dawson and Clarke looked exposed without support in the one on ones. It wasn't Riewoldt's day, but he needed his smalls to stand up and they didn't. It seemed like when the pressure was on, the Saints were just going to Riewoldt every time, and it was obvious enough that we were prepared, plus it was wet and windy which made things more complicated for Roo.

As much as it hurts, that's footy I'm afraid. I feel sorry for a lot of you guys, knowing how you feel. As we learnt last year, the cup doesn't go to the team with more inside 50s, nor the team with more scoring shots, nor the team that has the best H&A season; it goes to the team that wins the Grand Final.

Bad luck, I hope you guys are up there again next year and we get the chance to meet once again in September.

We all know what you're up to, you tool. You're just peddling your anti-Geelong s**t wherever you think it might get some air time. Poor form to start this up on the Saints board

Real Saints fans know it was a massive contest and it could have gone either way.

Your appeal for grace and humility is so ridiculous. WTF is it with Hawks supporters? What a club: lead by Kennett and codfish-mouth Clarkson, no wonder the clubs fans are such pinheads

Saints should have got up, they were the best team all day and blew some shots they should've kicked. IMHO they were much more desperate and committed.
Geelong had a ton of passengers like Johnson, Mooney & Hawkins. They were very, very lucky to be carried by the likes of Ablett, Chapman & co.

Hopefully Saints will use this as motivation for next year. Best of luck in season 2010.
St.Kilda robbed the Western Bulldogs!

Hah, St Kilda obviously weren't the best team on the day. They lost. And please note that Hawkins and Mooney kicked more goals than the St Kilda 'star' Nick.
Bad kicking is bad football.

Ill grant you that you were the best in 07 and 08 but as most would agree you weren't the best team in 09.So tell me how do you deserve it over us?

Hey sainters! Just wanted to say commiserations on yesterdays result. It was a fantastic game and you and geelong really put on a fantastic grandfinal. In my opinion St kilda was by far the best side all year. The saints owned season 09, but it was just unfortunate you guys couldnt get over the line. In my opinion Saints will be up and about for a number of years yet. See Geelong fall away soon with retirements of players. Hopefully you will snag one in the not to distant future. You deserve one for the season you have had.

Hey hopefully we may meet you on the big day in couple of years time.
Good luck for season 2010

Oh please come off it Geelong.

Facts -

Geelong won because of 3 players (Milne, Kosi and Schenider)

The worst out of the 3 was Steven Milne, he had atleast 3-4 easy shots but its no good having a footballer who cant kick a drop punt. You would of been better to tell him to snap every kick off the side of his boot it might of actually gone through the sticks then.

Schenider was a massive front runner, looked good when Hayes got going. Again, missed easy shots and dissapointing given he was such a star in the sydney years at their reign of glory.

Geelong was not the best team this year but i respect your past 3 seasons. They were deservered winners based on the following

1. You were outcoached
2. Hayes was BOG for the first quarter, bartel got put on him and he had went quiet for the rest of the game. What does that tell you? Bartel is a better player, bartel got a lot more of the ball and should of been in contention for the norm smith purely because he shut down your best performed player on the day.
3. Harry Taylor should of got the norm smith, he destroyed Nick and lead from the backline. He was a real focal point on the day when not many players stood out.
4. Moody the worst player to ever win 3 premierships ive ever seen in my life, actually kicked straight for once. Blake Caracella was much better than that dud. I think Milne and him go together as duds in good teams, but the difference being moody contributed 2 goals which madea huge difference in a scrappy tight game.

passengers geelong - Harley, Varcoe, S.Johnson, Blake, Ottens, Ling,

passengers st kilda - milne, r.clarke, schenider, king, i could go on

Geelong better on the day deserving of gf, St Kilda deserved the flag because you were the best team all year but thats football. Back in 99, 00 and 01 Essendon threw away 1999 to a salary cap inflated carlton, won 2000 easily and played stars like hird injured in 01 and lost to the new emerging force brisbane who Geelong wouldnt not even of gottern close too.

Well done Geelong.

Delist -
Varcoe

Retire -
T.Harley

I'd like to officially apologize to the Saints supporters for a couple of the shocking comments posted by Geelong supporters in this thread, and any other.

We know what it's like to lose like this.

Well done and bad luck on the day.
If the world was fair then history would read:
Premiers
'07: Geelong
'08: Geelong
'09: St. Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back