Geelong - Too old, too slow?

Remove this Banner Ad

I know you're taking the piss, but in reality It will be decent. Really depends on how much Bowes, Bruhn, Clark and Knevitt develop.

Atkins is a good honest hard player. I can't work out Parfitt as I thought he would be playing every game. Danger can chop out in there.

If they can get both Smith and Parish essentially for a first rounder + some change then they have done well. Especially when you couple getting Clark and Bowes for absolutely nothing. Certainly a better strategy than handing out 7 year contracts and three (?) firsts for Taranto (gun but an absolute butcher) and Hopper (decent and a butcher).

You reckon it’s a better strategy than giving b grade footballers like Karl Amon a grade money and contracts ?

You reckon it’s a better strategy than giving b grade footballers like Karl Amon a grade money and contracts ?
Amon has been one of the Hawks best this year. Was terrific at Port the year before. The Hawks season would have looked a lot worse without his leadership and contribution this year.

Amon has been one of the Hawks best this year. Was terrific at Port the year before. The Hawks season would have looked a lot worse without his leadership and contribution this year.

Lol

They finished 3 rd last lol

Amon is a vanilla hbf getting paid huge money.

He is the latest of a long line of port power players poached by the hawks and being overplayed for not much outpout

Impey and wingard being the other two

Now wingard in particular has been a disaster for hawthorn and is like a poison chalice gift by Clarko, I am sure they will all laugh about it over a few years in the hawthorn premierships reunions, if clarko actually turns up.

Lol

He is the latest of a long line of port power players poached by the hawks and being overplayed for not much outpout

Now wingard in particular has been a disaster for hawthorn and is like a poison chalice gift by Clarko, I am sure they will all laugh about it over a few years in the hawthorn premierships reunions, if clarko actually turns up.

You’re taking the mick out of Hawthorn not immediately backing up 4 flags now? What’s next, a shot at the 90s eagles? A wisecrack about the ‘inconsistency’ of the Sydney Swans?

Yes, Amon has been so much than Hopper. Never mind when you factor in what you gave up for him. Taranto is a gun, but he's one of the worst kicks in the entire league.

Richmond are in a similar spot to where we were a few years ago.

Lol

Just LOL. Amon is a classy wingman and isn't getting paid close to what Taranto and Hopper are. We also signed him as a FA and didn't dish out three firsts for two midfielders that cannot kick.

Clearly you have NFI what you're talking about.

Last edited:
Lol

Hawks lost Isaac Smith who made them very vulnerable on a wing. Amon has been very serviceable.

Just LOL. Amon is a classy wingman and isn't getting paid close to what Taranto and Hopper are. We also signed him as a FA and didn't dish out three firsts for two midfielders that cannot kick.

Clearly you have NFI what you're talking about.
So Hawthorn paid a reasonable salary to a good B+ level player and didn't give up anything in trade value? You'd think that's a good move but your mistake is that Richmond didn't to it so it must have been a bad decision.

Coaches votes twice (three times after last night maybe) for Smith. Over 10 times for Stewart, 7 times for Cameron, 6 or 7 times for Dangerfield, 5 or 6 times for Hawkins and a couple of times for Rohan/Duncan. So not really.
Dangerfield is 2 off Ablett record for most Brownlow 3 votes of all time, he has had probably that many outstanding games as well 2-3 this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back