• J. Riewoldt

Votes: 43 22.6%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 57 30.0%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 56 29.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
True, but compared to other teams he struggled so I don’t think that matters.

Anyways it’s just an observation and why I think Hawkins is a little bit more average than other supporters.

I remember him mostly for his suspension with Schofields head in the 2019 finals series.

Is that why you and your alt accounts keep pumping up Jack Riewoldt every time Tom Hawkins is mentioned?

Yes it’s amazing how three goals in a compressed period of time and setting another one up, in a close grand final, will swing the game.

It’s a good attempt mate but the fact that 13 seasons later people still talk about it means you can’t fish your way through another effort

It’s also odd for someone who has repeatedly claimed that we lost to a guy who kicked 2 goals in 2008 to take this stance.

Was Dew a FF? Cmon man that’s a desperate comparison.

And no, legit I’ve never heard anybody talk about Hawkins GF heroics. Just the point that was called a goal. Can’t even remember which GF that was in too lol, was it one of the 3 goals?

Is that why you and your alt accounts keep pumping up Jack Riewoldt every time Tom Hawkins is mentioned?

I don’t need to pump up J Riewoldt. He’s a factually better goal kicker hence the medals, the end. 3 Coleman medals to 1 in worse teams says it all really.

Was Dew a FF? Cmon man that’s a desperate comparison.

And no, legit I’ve never heard anybody talk about Hawkins GF heroics. Just the point that was called a goal. Can’t even remember which GF that was in too lol, was it one of the 3 goals?

Is it a game that needs winning.

Don’t try and back track mate.

The status of the game being won doesn’t depend on the position of the guy winning it.

‘Hang on hang on. We are going to retrospectively give the 2011 flag to Collingwood because the four goals set up in 29 minutes of football when Geelong were trailing to when they were winning by a couple of goals were set up by a forward. Hawthorn though can keep theirs because a half-forward kicked two goals when they were already in front by 12 points and he can still be claimed to have ‘beaten Geelong.’

These are your rules mate.

You’ve had your attempt at fun, quit while you’re ahead before everything goes **** up again.

Using your logic he should have extra praise heaped on him for plucking two balls straight out of the ruck and checksiding them from broken play in 2022. Ruckmen aren’t supposed to do that

Is it a game that needs winning.

Don’t try and back track mate.

The status of the game being won doesn’t depend on the position of the guy winning it.

‘Hang on hang on. We are going to retrospectively give the 2011 flag to Collingwood because the four goals set up in 29 minutes of football when Geelong were trailing to when they were winning by a couple of goals were set up by a forward. Hawthorn though can keep theirs because a half-forward kicked two goals when they were already in front by 12 points and he can still be claimed to have ‘beaten Geelong.’

These are your rules mate.

You’ve had your attempt at fun, quit while you’re ahead before everything goes **** up again.

Using your logic he should have extra praise heaped on him for plucking two balls straight out of the ruck and checksiding them from broken play in 2022. Ruckmen aren’t supposed to do that

Hmm? No you still would’ve won the flag anyway. Just saying he got rewarded for a goal he didn’t even kick. Unfortunately that’s what people remember most, like the N Riewoldt smother or Mooney miss. Tragic really.

Meanwhile Riewoldt will be remembered for outscoring the whole GWS TEAM on GF day. Now that’s EPIC.

I love your conviction that individual medals are the most importantly thing.

It’s brilliantly hilarious.

Mate I’m not the one that will be arguing a 1x Coleman medalist is better than a 3x one. Can’t think of anything worse tbh. Enjoy.

Hmm? No you still would’ve won the flag anyway. Just saying he got rewarded for a goal he didn’t even kick. Unfortunately that’s what people remember most, like the N Riewoldt smother or Mooney miss. Tragic really.

Meanwhile Riewoldt will be remembered for outscoring the whole GWS TEAM on GF day. Now that’s EPIC.

Against Sydney?

Probably.

Against Collingwood?

No we wouldn’t.
And no they don’t I’m sorry to burst your bubble. For the rest of his life hes going to be the bloke who broke open the 2011 decider. For whatever reason this irks you or you dont want to accept it and you want to debate it, that’s for you to discuss internally but the fact that every panel, chat or analytical show has replayed it ad nauseum and David King was made the butt of jokes over it for years after it just further enhances the argument.

It’s relativity to what Riewoldt did or any other Tigers player or whatever is moot. Who cares. They can have their glory too. It’s not a finite supply. Tom Boyd can have his as well. Bobby Hill. Whoever wants it.

Why after being relatively sedate about this stuff you decide to revisit this path is puzzling at best.

Against Sydney?

Probably.

Against Collingwood?

No we wouldn’t.
And no they don’t I’m sorry to burst your bubble. For the rest of his life hes going to be the bloke who broke open the 2011 decider. For whatever reason this irks you or you dont want to accept it and you want to debate it, that’s for you to discuss internally but the fact that every panel, chat or analytical show has replayed it ad nauseum and David King was made the butt of jokes over it for years after it just further enhances the argument.

It’s relativity to what Riewoldt did or any other Tigers player or whatever is moot. Who cares. They can have their glory too. It’s not a finite supply. Tom Boyd can have his as well. Bobby Hill. Whoever wants it.

Why after being relatively sedate about this stuff you decide to revisit this path is puzzling at best.

Freddy and Mr. Meow felt like a bit of banter today. You can thank them.

Why isnt gary ablett listed in the goats?

Is it because richmond supporters want to pretend that 1985-2015 never existed?

Cause he isn’t even legend status and never won a flag. The end.

Dunstal just overtook him in GOAT debates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grey, Falcon, grey.

I know I know it sucks. By definition the AFL doesn’t rate him in the top echelon of players to play the game. How could I possibly rate him as the GOAT especially when he won f all, seems crazy.

I know I know it sucks. By definition the AFL doesn’t rate him in the top echelon of players to play the game. How could I possibly rate him as the GOAT especially when he won f all, seems crazy.

No, by definition same as the NSW AFL doesn’t rate Wayne Carey, they don’t see fit to make that elevation.

Grey, Falcon, grey.

Lol dunstall. Mr lead out chest mark who was effing hopeless in a pack marking situation.

That’s Mr. Legendary Dynasty player Dunstal to you.

You won’t ever get a player with that title unfortunately. GAJ was your best shot but he left before the 3rd. Doubt Selwood will be a legend but you never know, he’s your Hail Mary now.

That’s Mr. Legendary Dynasty player Dunstal to you.

You won’t ever get a player with that title unfortunately. GAJ was your best shot but he left before the 3rd. Doubt Selwood will be a legend but you never know, he’s your Hail Mary now.

Four time premiership player, six time all Australian, three time captain, four time AFLPA most courageous player, three time club best and fairest, club games record holder (briefly) and most games captained at AFL level.

Think he’s got a slight chance mate 😂😂

No matter. I’m sure we will manage one way or the other

Four time premiership player, six time all Australian, three time captain, four time AFLPA most courageous player, three time club best and fairest, club games record holder (briefly) and most games captained at AFL level.

Think he’s got a slight chance mate

No Brownlow, MVP or Coaches award. Shithouse.

But legit I’ll be happy if he gets in, it’ll mean Dusty will too and will increase the Richmond collection.

True, but compared to other teams he struggled so I don’t think that matters.

Anyways it’s just an observation and why I think Hawkins is a little bit more average than other supporters.

I remember him mostly for his suspension with Schofields head in the 2019 finals series.
Actually I think you're spot on with this one - neutrals absolutely rate Hawkins a lot higher than you.

Almost all have him ahead of Riewoldt, for starters.

Against Sydney?

Probably.

Against Collingwood?

No we wouldn’t.

And then complains that people are targeting or mocking him, when he puts together stuff so lazy you can tell he isn't even really behind it.

I'm fine with the awful arguments and hashing up old topics just to be rubbished again, OR the victim complex stuff. Just not both at the same time.

Think he’s got a slight chance mate 😂😂

Most finals ever played as well. ;)

Actually I think you're spot on with this one - neutrals absolutely rate Hawkins a lot higher than you.

Almost all have him ahead of Riewoldt, for starters.

Good luck convincing the next few gens of that 🤣 All they’ll see is more Coleman’s, more leading goal kickers and a higher goal average. It’s gonna be amazing.

Back