VFL Geelong VFL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is Higgins?
Surely his papers are stamped at senior level now but can add something to the VFL side.

One of , if not the worst trade we have done in recent times. Even M.Clark & McIntosh played at least 1 decent game for us. Higgins I can’t think of one.

Where is Higgins?
Surely his papers are stamped at senior level now but can add something to the VFL side.

One of , if not the worst trade we have done in recent times. Even M.Clark & McIntosh played at least 1 decent game for us. Higgins I can’t think of one.

Higgins has played plenty of decent games for us see collingwood this year. His body is just busted so he will be managed for the last couple of months of his career.

Higgins has played plenty of decent games for us see collingwood this year. His body is just busted so he will be managed for the last couple of months of his career.

Really.
You’re setting the bar really low if you think he has played plenty of decent games.

Gave up pick 30 and was meant to step in to Gaz jnr’s role. Couldn’t even hit the side of a barn if he was standing inside one. Has been a massive flop.

Really.
You’re setting the bar really low if you think he has played plenty of decent games.

Gave up pick 30 and was meant to step in to Gaz jnr’s role. Couldn’t even hit the side of a barn if he was standing inside one. Has been a massive flop.
Yep. But list management team will not get everything right.

What they have done right is introduce quite a bit of top end talent via draft and trade and FA. Again not every addition is an SDK or a Holmes or a Close or a Stengle or a Cameron. My impression of the kids i have seen this season is that they are quite able too : Neale, Dempsey, Stephens, Knevitt. Even the the "lost in the B triangle" Whyte was the first to catch my eye of that group and we have Willis and Kroeger somewhere (drafted before Whyte and Dempsey).

Salaries have been managed and Hocking says we have space. That's exciting. Some player will be squeezed out of a top end competitor's list and we have the chance to take a suitable player and add to the kids coming through.

Oision Mullin would be nice as well . Mayo are progressing well I think... lets hope they win the cup and Oisin gets the itch again.

Obviously I find it hard to be critical of our list managers (as I stare at the ladder). I thought 8th and a better first round pick would be the best we could get out of this year.

Yep. But list management team will not get everything right.

What they have done right is introduce quite a bit of top end talent via draft and trade and FA. Again not every addition is an SDK or a Holmes or a Close or a Stengle or a Cameron. My impression of the kids i have seen this season is that they are quite able too : Neale, Dempsey, Stephens, Knevitt. Even the the "lost in the B triangle" Whyte was the first to catch my eye of that group and we have Willis and Kroeger somewhere (drafted before Whyte and Dempsey).

Salaries have been managed and Hocking says we have space. That's exciting. Some player will be squeezed out of a top end competitor's list and we have the chance to take a suitable player and add to the kids coming through.

Oision Mullin would be nice as well . Mayo are progressing well I think... lets hope they win the cup and Oisin gets the itch again.

Obviously I find it hard to be critical of our list managers (as I stare at the ladder). I thought 8th and a better first round pick would be the best we could get out of this year.

Agreed.
Looking at the whole picture, our list management team has done an exceptional job.
All the players brought in (whether they worked out or not) from other clubs filled an obvious hole in the team IMO.
The Higgins one for me was weird as he seemed surplus to requirements and looked to be a case of honouring a commitment we made to him a year prior.

Agreed.
Looking at the whole picture, our list management team has done an exceptional job.
All the players brought in (whether they worked out or not) from other clubs filled an obvious hole in the team IMO.
The Higgins one for me was weird as he seemed surplus to requirements and looked to be a case of honouring a commitment we made to him a year prior.
Totally agree it hasn't worked. But I don't think he was surplus to requirements at all. Gaz went out and Higgins came in. The plan was for an elite ball-user in the front half to be replaced by another quality kick who could hit targets and set up scoring chances.

The fact that he's gone on to be either injured or mostly ineffective is absolutely bemusing. Seemed to go almost immediately over the cliff on arrival at the Cattery. But I can still understand the club's logic in trying to get another high-level HFF/MID into the system when the GOAT was heading out the door at the same time.

Really.

I agree that he hasn’t been a success at the club, and I don’t really ever enjoy when I see his name on a team sheet thinking about who he could be leaving out, but If we make a preliminary final or grand final, I’d be very happy with Higgins named as sub.

I can’t help but think his experience would be useful coming on in a second half, and give us a better shot at winning the game in question, than say Cooper Stephens, Narkle, Dempsey, or any other players who have been used as sub this year.

Last edited:
Where is Higgins?

Was saying that to my brother last week, even makes the Stevens signing look good in hindsight. Comes on with fresh legs against North in the last quarter, still lacks pace, skills are way off what they were and gets caught almost 100% of the time.

The more AFL players that Geelong bring in the more games that they lose.
Friday and I am still choosing to be positive (pre game).
dont expect a win given Casey too good but get a few more afl listed players to look at. Accept that the synergy of the team is poor given constant changes of over 5 people each week - but lets hope we get a decent game

I am overseas so hoping that the stream on afl is geo blocked (AFL games are) - otherwise I will be relying on forum commentary.

I am hearing that Higgins may not play (“general soreness“ again?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am overseas so hoping that the stream on afl is geo blocked (AFL games are) - otherwise I will be relying on forum commentary.

I am hearing that Higgins may not play (“general soreness“ again?)
VFL games aren’t geoblocked unless theyre being shown on Ch 7.

I hear it is pretty wet in Geelong? Shame as so far our worst games have been in the wet - younger guys bodies seem not to stand up. Maybe with more senior players back (cegs, dal, stephens) that might not be so bad?

I hear it is pretty wet in Geelong? Shame as so far our worst games have been in the wet - younger guys bodies seem not to stand up. Maybe with more senior players back (cegs, dal, stephens) that might not be so bad?
Not raining now.. cold as * however

Go Catters

Neale, Jacko, Dempsey long sleeves
For those playing along at home

Go Catters
Jacko is normal but not sure what is going on with Neale and Ollie?? Let’s hope it works (Ollie has found the wet games difficult to date so lets see if this is a bit of magic dust!). Neale’s sleeves must be v long!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back