Preview Geelong vs Demons (literal and figurative)- Elim Final Fri 7th Sept MCG @750 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missed team selections last night , was at the footy. Stoked to see no changes for two reasons
1: Reward for the 22 blokes who’ve been getting it done in recent weeks, at a high level

2: Sends a message to blokes in the reserves that you gave to really earn a call up.

Just wrapt with the selection policies of the past 3-4 weeks, now bring in those red & blue bastards.

Can’t wait!

If Guthrie came out and had a stand-out game in a final, I'd be absolutely shocked. It's one thing to see a quality player go missing in a final, but a player who plays one outstanding game in 5, that's another thing entirely.
Hoping they are all accountable. I have a feeling many will be pleasantly surprised by the efforts made tonight. The team has always been guilty of complacency when positioned higher, but I think this time, they know they're better than their ladder position and will want to make a point of it.

Everyone and everything is about the Dees tonight, hoping the boys are foaming at the mouth when they run out tonight, I reckon we win by 29pts and Danger to have a blinder, LOOKOUT.

Hoping they are all accountable. I have a feeling many will be pleasantly surprised by the efforts made tonight. The team has always been guilty of complacency when positioned higher, but I think this time, they know they're better than their ladder position and will want to make a point of it.
I'm not so convinced. There have been plenty of good reasons for the team to perform well in the past and they seemingly haven't cared to. I really hope you're right, though. I know we have the cavalry to beat almost anybody this year. Considering our young team, that's saying something.

Enjoying all the history lessons on here today.
About tonight's game: those who been advocating two rucks should re-watch the s**t show Big Boy and Ceglar put on last night.
MC got it right with Abbott Max.
Some blokes can’t see past their favourite players for the good of the team.

I don't know why, but I feel more confident and relaxed about this finals series than I have for years. Maybe the last few years I always thought we were going in with faltering form and key injuries and was not sure what team was going to turn up. But for some reason I feel like we have decided to throw out the tactic of trying to outsmart the opposition, and will instead just play a fun, fast, brand of footy that suits our team. An unchanged line-up for what seems like the first time in years shows me we have just decided to go all in, and I like it. C'mon Catters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enjoying all the history lessons on here today.
About tonight's game: those who been advocating two rucks should re-watch the s**t show Big Boy and Ceglar put on last night.
Two rucks in the wet,the dwarf has finally lost it,but i did like the way he showed the hurt after the loss, even after the recent successes he still wants it more than ever,he's not my favorite person of all time but the prick has to be admired as a coach.

And if ypu add this and deduct that you end up agreeing with your hypothesis every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not on this occasion - the premise is that the Tigers won the Flag with very little Finals experience. Melbourne are going into a Finals Series with very little experience.
Clearly that's not saying the Dees will win the Flag but both teams are similar from a finals experience perspective

A really big chance for Abbott to establish himself in the AFL world, put in a strong performance tonight and teams will start to take notice, the next 5 years of his life could hinge on tonights game, lets hope he smashes it.

Yep, all Abbott has to do is compete and make a nuisance of himself. And we know already that he will try his guts out.
At one stage last night McEvoy won the ruck (against Rioli!) and hit it straight to two Richmond mids.

Not on this occasion - the premise is that the Tigers won the Flag with very little Finals experience. Melbourne are going into a Finals Series with very little experience.
Clearly that's not saying the Dees will win the Flag but both teams are similar from a finals experience perspective

Personally I think whoever wins tonight has a very good chance of winning the flag or at least making the GF.

Not quite. Richmond had very little finals experience. Melbourne have close to zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back