Preview Geelong vs Port Adelaide, Thursday 25th May, 7:20pm @ Simonds Stadium

Winner + Margin?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people saying Blicavs tagged Bont?

He was starting on him at centre bounces when both where in the centre together - limited his impact at centre clearances.

The match up changed when Bont went forward (especially the first quarter and Kolo was on him)

He was starting on him at centre bounces when both where in the centre together - limited his impact at centre clearances.

The match up changed when Bont went forward (especially the first quarter and Kolo was on him)
I just looked and Blicavs was at far more centre bounces than I thought. So I obviously missed the tag. Thanks.

Ok, I didn't see it. I know Selwood did. Duncan said it was his role.

I feel like Blitz tagged him more in the 1st half and Scooter more in the 2nd half but I may be completely wrong. Either way was mostly Blitz vs Bont at centre bounces, and Scooter vs Bont more around stoppages.

Going to be interesting if they continue to try Blitz/Scooter tagging together. Like Blicavs on Ebert, and Scooter on Wines vs Port.

I just looked and Blicavs was at far more centre bounces than I thought. So I obviously missed the tag. Thanks.

Other than once when Blicavs took over the ruck role at the centre bounce, we didn't go with both Blicavs & Scooter together in the centre bounce - a clear plan to not let the Dogs get settled with one player going the stopping role maybe.

Curious to see if we stick to that idea in the coming weeks.

I agree Lonergan looks shaky but that was his best game for the year last night. Can't see him going anywhere.
I don't know if he's cooked or is just suffering from not having Enright and Taylor by his side for the first time ever.
It also helps him heaps when there is midfield pressure.

There's one thing for certain. When Henderson is out Lonergan gets exposed.
Was Guthrie only out due to illness? If so I'd go Guthrie for Cockatoo and that's it.

It helps having Henderson there for sure, but don't believe that's the reason, think it's more a case of when the balls coming into our defence like a Japanese bullet train Lonners (and all our defenders for that matter) get exposed, as you say, apply pressure through the midfield like Friday night and his/their job is made much easier.

What a difference a week makes. Suddenly the pessimists are up and about and we're 'invincible' again.

It's important that we don't drop off in intensity and sustain it for a second consecutive week.

Port won't be a pushover so If we revert back to the 'we have this' mentality we're in for a shock.

Cats by 30 points.

Wouldn't it be optimist s who think we are invincible?

The glass half fulls compared to the half empties... The HF V HE ..I'm certainly a HE.

I dont think the game proved anything , it doesn't make us any closer to be what we all want ..a powerful football side that will win in the finals. Winning at KP ..does get us there.. but till I see us do that to GWS or the Swans or someone at the G its only another great singular game.
You are 100% correct..if we do not bring that level of metal application on a 6 day break..it will be a a very different outcome.

Id have thought that a traditionally AFL supporter from SA would be a bit over this Vic mindset. Aren't you a bit bigger that now?
Your hoping for a lot.
South Aussies are born with a chip on their shoulder about all things Victorian

Wouldn't it be optimist s who think we are invincible?

The glass half fulls compared to the half empties... The HF V HE ..I'm certainly a HE.

I dont think the game proved anything , it doesn't make us any closer to be what we all want ..a powerful football side that will win in the finals. Winning at KP ..does get us there.. but till I see us do that to GWS or the Swans or someone at the G its only another great singular game.
You are 100% correct..if we do not bring that level of metal application on a 6 day break..it will be a a very different outcome.
I was referencing the Bulldogs game as an example.

All that game reinforced is that this system is almost unbeatable on the narrow grounds but will continue to get exposed on the wider ones. It was one of the reasons I was supremely confident before the match and tried to convince the naysayers that they'd be wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be a cracking game!

I grew up supporting the Cats prior to Ports entry to the AFL. Hinkley was my favourite player too!

I still believe that Port and Geelong games should be played for the Quinn Cup given both brothers made the respective teams of the century.

Why dropping Murdoch-he competed well, good round the picks, stuck his tackles better, deserves to stay in-need that stuff against Port. He still has plenty to work on but a good game.
Murdoch is limited, we have been options for now and in the future.

I still believe that Port and Geelong games should be played for the Quinn Cup given both brothers made the respective teams of the century.
Making the team of the century in an SANFL team is hardly relevant here.

Any players they are thinking of bringing in would be 'managed' in the VFL today. So look out for players who don't get a lot of game time.

I didn't notice any VFL players being managed. But then again Essendon came off a 5 day break and beat us.

Oh well, been options are always handy!
But on a more serious note, thought for the first time the other night-if Murdoch can play like that consistently and keep improving he might work out. He showed conviction finally.

Murdoch has the physical capabilities to be a top player. It is all in his head whether he fulfils his potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back