Prediction Geelong's fortunes for season 2019

Where will Geelong finish on the ladder in season 2019?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

When you see it happen in front of your very eyes, when a couple of knowledgeable, fair minded lads like myself and Cockarfitt, can sit at a game and predict what a bloke will and wont do, based on his previous efforts, its very easy to believe. You need take your rose colored glasses off every now and then , and scrutinise individuals a little more. To me, youre a garden variety "barracker" You dont post discussion points or post for discourse.... youre here solely for the likes. Thats not intended to be an insult, youre just someone I wouldnt want to watch a game of footy with. Im sure youd feel the same about me...but Im a little more analytical and reasonable about the club. Guthrie is a lazy, cruising, leave it others, passenger....THAT is undeniable
Yesterday i was called a cynic. A glass half empty supporter
I have also been called a multi-team supporter.
Now a garden-variety likes accumulator.
I can assure you the "likes " are the least reason I post. Many of my opinions are far from popular.
Early last season I was very close to standing with you at a game, but I thought twice about it and decided I would be too intimidated by your superior analysis. No seriously, it'd be great being at a game with you and Crockafitt- entertaining, educational, and certainly not boring.
I have definitely always stuck up for our maligned players until they are off our list, just how I am.
But let me assure you that someone who continually supported Blake, and Murdoch, CS, and now Parsons is not here for the likes. The rest you say about me may well be true, except also I'm not much into gardening.

Last edited:
He doesnt get the ball, cause he doesnt want the ball mate.... hes lazy and has a poor work ethic. Happy to coast along while others do the hard yards! Why wouldnt he... he gets a game regardless!!! The club has demonstrated for years, that hes "undroppable" so why wouldnt he be comfortable playing at the level hes playing at. He thinks hes going ok! Not only that, he has never adapted to the speed of AFL football. He has poor foot skills, he has zero peripheral vision, or foot speed, which causes him to get caught holding the ball all the time, and he cant stick a tackle to save himself. Combine that with the poor work ethic I spoke about, and you have a bloke who should be running around in the VFL at best.
Not til he gets his head shaved will i believe he is serious.

50% That was talking him up if you ask me,he always does one or two good things when the games gone which is bloody frustrating as well.
What I don't get is CS is known not to favour "soft" types, and it certainly was not how he and Brad approached the game as players, so why would he gift Guthrie games?

Yesterday i was called a cynic. A glass half empty supporter
I have also been called a multi-team supporter.
Now a garden-variety likes accumulator.
I can assure you the "likes " are the least reason I post. Many of my opinions are far from popular.
Early last season I was very close to standing with you at a game, but I thought twice about and decided I would be too intimidated by your superior analysis. No seriously, it'd be great being at a game with you and Crockafitt- entertaining, educational, and certainly not boring.
I have definitely always stuck up for our maligned players until they are off our list, just how I am.
But let me assure you that someone who continually supported Blake, and Murdoch, and now Parsons is not here for the likes. The rest you say about me may well be true, except also I'm not much into gardening.
I also supported Blake. Thought he complimented our on ballers. They always knew what they were getting.

He doesnt get the ball, cause he doesnt want the ball mate.... hes lazy and has a poor work ethic. Happy to coast along while others do the hard yards! Why wouldnt he... he gets a game regardless!!! The club has demonstrated for years, that hes "undroppable" so why wouldnt he be comfortable playing at the level hes playing at. He thinks hes going ok! Not only that, he has never adapted to the speed of AFL football. He has poor foot skills, he has zero peripheral vision, or foot speed, which causes him to get caught holding the ball all the time, and he cant stick a tackle to save himself. Combine that with the poor work ethic I spoke about, and you have a bloke who should be running around in the VFL at best.
Hang on you still got the flu that was in a response to Rohan

What I don't get is CS is known not to favour "soft" types, and it certainly was not how he and Brad approached the game as players, so why would he gift Guthrie games?
They are a nice family and he loves them.
I used to hang out at most Sunbury games, and I'm not kidding. He loves Guthries!.

I also supported Blake. Thought he complimented our on ballers. They always knew what they were getting.
He did. Often gave them first use of the ball and knew his limitations in kicking, hence the frequent handpasses, but he was a pretty useful link player in that era. Whatever is said about him, he is an AFL premiership player, something None of us here can ever attest to.

Can someone with twitter or instagram send a link of this post to Guthrie. I want him to wake up.

Taking a positive route...
I am really looking forward to the emergence of Constable and Atkins this year. if they come on as I think they will, Guthrie wont get a game anyway. Two young boys, with AFL ready bodies, who go hard at the ball, is exactly what we need. I stated it somewhere else on another thread, but Constable is my early pick for the Norwich Rising Star. (NAB)... I see him being that talented. The ball is in the clubs court now... they need to transition these kids in on a regular basis, and push the finals floppers like Scooter and Guthrie back to the VFL.

His effort in the elimination final was embarrassing. He made no effort to chase on multiple occasions.
Admit I didn't see that one, but the week (minus the bye)before I thought he was fine. Down at Geelong, admittedly poor opposition, but 20 disposals and 5 tackles and off for the last quarter with a corkie- I thought it was a good solid Guthrie game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are a nice family and he loves them.
I used to hang out at most Sunbury games, and I'm not kidding. He loves Guthries!.
When Guthrie first played, I really liked the look of the new #29.
He has had some excellent BOG games, notably the Ade Crows game with Danger returning to Crow Park was an absolute standout. He clearly can play, and when he tagged, I thought he was very good. Now, is he the 6th mid, is he a bench player, he certainly is no longer a tagger or small defender?

Last edited:
When Guthrie first played, I really like the look of the new #29.
He has had some excellent BOG games, notably the Ade Crows game with Danger returning to Crow Park was an absolute standout. He clearly can play, and when he tagged, I thought he was very good. Now, is he the 6th mid, is he a bench player, he certainly is no longer a tagger or small defender?
Who knows. Yep certainly some BOG games. That Isaac Smith final he would of had to have been close.
I didn't think he was too crash hot tagging.
However the end of 2013 I thought he was awesome. Thought we had a top line player on our hands, and a real hard nut to boot.

Who knows. Yep certainly some BOG games. That Isaac Smith final he would of had to have been close.
I didn't think he was too crash hot tagging.
However the end of 2013 I thought he was awesome. Thought we had a top line player on our hands, and a real hard nut to boot.
His demise started when he tried to look like a surfer rather than a footballer. Those lazy bums don't work hard either.

His demise started when he tried to look like a surfer rather than a footballer. Those lazy bums don't work hard either.
Hate to say it, but it does seem to coincide with that.
It certainly would not assist his acceleration.
I know for certain an A League player who had hair like Guthrie, got his head shaved, and he definitely feels quicker and plays that way.

If Guthrie was meant to be a bottom 6 player, we'd be laughing, but he should be right up there with Mitch Duncan.

Back